• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Been thinking for a while now that he needs a new lawyer. She is acting too flippantly about the charges and is going to get him put in jail.

According to the article, the motion to dismiss backfired and now they are dragging police reports from 2012 where he and Grace were in London at the same time and she needed medical care and a police report had to be filed. Doesn't look good.

Sorry... Saw an opportunity to josh...

But really... I can see the logic... Show that there is history there but I don't see it... But they have been constantly unprepared (the DA)... They keep kicking the trial down the road due to their unpreparedness. To ME, they seem to be trying to poison pill a possibly jury... We'll find out tomorrow...

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Innocent people always have legal teams who leak court evidence and try to get wanted posters of the plaintiff created.
That is truly a dumb take when you know even slightly how USA judicial system works.
Innoncence or guilt has nothing to do with the verdict, and legal teams know it.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
As someone else said, innocent people always try to make fake wanted posters of their victim. Dude is going to jail.

So Majors is representing himself? He's making unilateral decisions about legal strategy? Did you even watch the videos of Jabbari without injury when she is alleged to have had injuries?

ManaByte

Gold Member
So Majors is representing himself? He's making unilateral decisions about legal strategy? Did you even watch the videos of Jabbari without injury when she is alleged to have had injuries?
Those were debunked and her injuries were detailed to the judge.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yesterday in the filing the DA did with the judge. Which is why the judge is making it go to trial.

Filing for going to trial and the judge granting it is not debunking the videos. It's saying "there's more to this story... Let's see all of it in a trial"

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
As someone else said, innocent people always try to make fake wanted posters of their victim. Dude is going to jail.

Nope. The detectives in two precincts wanted to arrest her according to reports in the files the prosecution had to turn over months after the incident. And now she's been arrested

ManaByte

Gold Member
Nope. The detectives in two precincts wanted to arrest her according to reports in the files the prosecution had to turn over months after the incident. And now she's been arrested

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
A lot of movies are getting taken off the release calendar and moved to next year or even 2025. Actors are still on strike. Plus his case is not even decided yet. Trial set for next month. Lots of trials move ahead without any presumption of guilt.
Dude you are usually super chill but you are out here caping for a man with a lot of evidence against him and a lot of shenanigans coming from his side.

No offense.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Dude you are usually super chill but you are out here caping for a man with a lot of evidence against him and a lot of shenanigans coming from his side.

No offense.

RDJ did a lot of horrible stuff yet he is praised. Chill choom, people do dumb shit, we can forgive if they become better.

Trilobit

The amount of actors that completely self-sabotage their careers is a bit crazy. If I was in a trade where I can make an amount of cash, on one job, that lasts the rest of my life I'd hire a team of psychologists to keep me in check with therapy and drugs to minimize the risk of doing something stupid.

I'd walk in on set with an IV drip filled with ADHD medication rolling by my side.

Moneal

The amount of actors that completely self-sabotage their careers is a bit crazy. If I was in a trade where I can make an amount of cash, on one job, that lasts the rest of my life I'd hire a team of psychologists to keep me in check with therapy and drugs to minimize the risk of doing something stupid.

I'd walk in on set with an IV drip filled with ADHD medication rolling by my side.
It's as if a job that requires you to pretend to be someone else all the time might make some people go a bit crazy.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's as if a job that requires you to pretend to be someone else all the time might make some people go a bit crazy.
Certainly the tolerance for shit most other professions wouldn't put up with singles out actors, athletes, and politicians in this way.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

No offense.
No offense taken. We still cool. We'll see what the trial says when it's all done. If he's guilty, he's guilty. I just want ALL evidence to come out at trial. No suppression. I will probably change my mind but I reserve the right not to if I feel the jury was biased.

It better NOT end up and hung jury!

So the trial is underway and there have been some weird shit coming to light. Like today:

Majors “demanded total compliance” from Jabbari, and allegedly wanted her to act similarly to late civil rights activist and author Coretta Scott King or Former First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama by "making sacrifices for him."

He wanted a white British woman to be more like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama...
ice cube what GIF

TDiddyLive

That sounds like some complete made up bullshit
Based on what? Your unfounded loyalty to a man you have no connection to?

By the way, the recording of him saying that was played in court.

“In a recording played for the court, Majors can be heard berating his girlfriend for not living up to the standards set by other spouses of famous men, like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama.”

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Based on what? Your unfounded loyalty to a man you have no connection to?

By the way, the recording of him saying that was played in court.

“In a recording played for the court, Majors can be heard berating his girlfriend for not living up to the standards set by other spouses of famous men, like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama.”

It still sounds like bullshit. It sounds more like reading lines ... "I'm a great man! A great woman would be behind me making sacrifices"... Something to that effect.

Initially I thought he was guilty... But when those videos came out, that changed my mind.

Her injuries don't jive with the surveillance videos of her without any injuries AFTER the supposed altercation in the car.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A few months later, while filming in England, Majors allegedly blew up on Jabbari again after she came home from a bar “tipsy” with a friend. In a recording played for the court, Majors can be heard berating his girlfriend for not living up to the standards set by other spouses of famous men, like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama.

“I’m a great man. A great man!” Majors declared. “There needs to be a great woman who makes sacrifices.”

He sounds like a deranged narcissist.

bitbydeath

It still sounds like bullshit. It sounds more like reading lines ... "I'm a great man! A great woman would be behind me making sacrifices"... Something to that effect.

Initially I thought he was guilty... But when those videos came out, that changed my mind.

Her injuries don't jive with the surveillance videos of her without any injuries AFTER the supposed altercation in the car.
Why not both?
His constant gaslighting/verbal abuse may have led to that moment.

bitbydeath

Majors probably hurt her arm, but she definitely attacked him too.

They have an eye-witness of the driver being there which makes it difficult to cover-up.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”

In the text messages — displayed to the jury and read into the record by Jabbari on her fourth and final day on the stand on Friday — Jabbari had assured Majors that she would not blame him for causing an injury to her head.

“I will tell the doctor I bumped my head,” Jabbari cried as she read aloud the message in court.

Then unable to continue through her tears, Assistant District Attorney Kelli Galaway took over: “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head if I go. I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and I need some stronger pain killers. That’s all: why would I tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you.”

“Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote to Jabbari, adding: “I need love too. Or maybe I'm such a monster and horrible man, I don't deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.

Textbook abuser bullshit. If you still stand by this cat, I don't know what to say.

bitbydeath

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”

In the text messages — displayed to the jury and read into the record by Jabbari on her fourth and final day on the stand on Friday — Jabbari had assured Majors that she would not blame him for causing an injury to her head.

“I will tell the doctor I bumped my head,” Jabbari cried as she read aloud the message in court.

Then unable to continue through her tears, Assistant District Attorney Kelli Galaway took over: “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head if I go. I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and I need some stronger pain killers. That’s all: why would I tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you.”

“Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote to Jabbari, adding: “I need love too. Or maybe I'm such a monster and horrible man, I don't deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.

Textbook abuser bullshit. If you still stand by this cat, I don't know what to say.
No way he’s not found guilty after that.

Top Bottom