• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II PC Release Date - March 16, Pricing - $59.99

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Joystiq said:
In addition to the standard PC version, Ubisoft has announced a special "Black Edition" of Assassin's Creed II for $64.99. The press release is incredibly vague about what extras it may contain, simply referring to them as "additional content." An Ubisoft representative remained cryptic about the bonuses, too, promising a "reveal in February," which suggests that the content could differ from the "Black Edition" released on consoles.

Minimum Configuration:
SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista®(32-64 bits)/Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller

Recommended Configuration:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
Sound: 5.1 sound card
Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/25/assassins-creed-2-pc-specs-date-revealed/
A little surprised by the pricing, but at least the game includes the two DLC coming out. Hopefully the PC version will be better optimized than the first game.

Ridley327

Archie said:
Four months late and $59.99? That's bullshit.

Co-signed. I only spent $50 on the 360 version, so with the DLC this week and next month, I'll still have spent less than what it'd cost to get the PC version. Poor form, Ubi.

...what does this mean for the PC version of Conviction?!

Ridley327 said:
Co-signed. I only spent $50 on the 360 version, so with the DLC this week and next month, I'll still have spent less than what it'd cost to get the PC version. Poor form, Ubi.

PC version?

Yeah saw this earlier and thought the same as you guys. At least they're not raping us like activision did, they're just pushing DLC on us. But yeah, will buy when it goes under $30.

GWX

Damn, 60 bucks? Really, Ubi?

Well, as mentioned before, I hope it's better optimzed than the first one. And I REALLY hope that the PC version of Conviction doesn't get delayed like ACII.

Ridley327 said:

i think it doesn't mean anything. the official site mentions coming april 2010, and it redirects you to a gamestop page where pc/360 versions are coming out the same day. the rest of the sites say the same thing too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Class_A_Ninja said:
Well color me surprised. I had never heard of the PC version.

Same here. That was news to me.

zoku88

I bet there are no dedicated servers in this, either!!! smh...

EDIT: Oh wow. For some reason, I thought this was an Activision game, too :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
YuriLowell said:
buahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

This is going to tank.
Then Ubi will blame the poor sales on pirates and AC3 won't even show up on PC. Just according to keikaku.

Doytch

Archie said:
Then Ubi will blame the poor sales on pirates and AC3 won't even show up on PC. Just according to keikaku.
And would anyone really miss it? I still hold AC responsible for the loss of our greatest PC warrior.

x3sphere

YuriLowell said:
buahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaha.

This is going to tank.

Considering both DLC missions are pre-included, the price isn't *that* bad. Higher than expected though.

Also, AC2 is way better than the first. I sure hope the next one comes to PC.

Jenga

Banned
ZZMitch said:
I am pissed too, I love PC gaming...
Yet, as shown like a million times, those sorts of comments turn threads into flamewar.

The internet is extremely serious, do take care sir.

ZZMitch

Jenga said:
Yet, as shown like a million times, those sorts of comments turn threads into flamewar.

The internet is extremely serious, do take care sir.

Serious Sam
HD
actually.

Fuck you Activision. Fuck you very much.
Dont care at all, got it on 360 for $30 on boxing day

Lostconfused said:
So you still think starcraft 2 isn't coming out this year?

Said it before I'll say it again, Starcraft 2 is not coming until next year. It's Blizzard, that shit is getting delayed.

Fio

The first game was a turd so I have no interest whatsoever in its sequel, but they're including the paid DLC in the package, it's not exactly the same case of MW2 where Activision-Blizzard just charged a premium for no reason whatsoever.

This is why a game really doesn't release for me until it's dropped in price significantly on Steam or otherwise. Or if worse comes to worse I'll buy it used for $10 dollars cheaper. Fuck this 59.99 PC bullshit.

Top Bottom