• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh snap? Nintendo re-trademarks Eternal Darkness for NA (no news, don't bother)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

What happened to Dyack anyway? He seemed to drop off the planet post Too Human, but doesn't he have a Sega project in the works. No chance of TH2, i guess.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Empty said:
What happened to Dyack anyway? He seemed to drop off the planet post Too Human, but doesn't he have a Sega project in the works. No chance of TH2, i guess.

He got banned from NeoGAF.

TunaLover

JayDubya said:
Didn't Dyack burn those bridges?

I always though that Eternal Darkness trademark was owned by SK, and Nintendo only owned the Sanity Meter system. Strange, maybe SK sold the IP to Nintendo, and another developer is handling it, just wild speculation.

TunaLover

The Spoony Hou said:
I thought it was about 40MB. Not that it matters much in this case.

The official number is 40mb I think, but there injected games with 60mb+, technically the max. size is something about 60mb. Of course for space limitations Nintendo only allows 40mb or such as max.

I'm surprised no one noticed that David Ellis on 4 Guys 1up mentioned that an Eternal Darkness remake/game was in the works. He mentioned it so casually on the podcast that I wasn't sure if it was an accidental scoop or common knowledge.

Malio

Vyse The Legend said:
I'm surprised no one noticed that David Ellis on 4 Guys 1up mentioned that an Eternal Darkness remake/game was in the works. He mentioned it so casually on the podcast that I wasn't sure if it was an accidental scoop or common knowledge.

Remake? COOL!

New game? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MEGATONS!!

Please be true.

Vyse The Legend said:

Remake? :(

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Vyse The Legend said:

WHAT

TunaLover said:
The official number is 40mb I think, but there injected games with 60mb+, technically the max. size is something about 60mb. Of course for space limitations Nintendo only allows 40mb or such as max.
Ah, awesome.

TunaLover said:
I always though that Eternal Darkness trademark was owned by SK, and Nintendo only owned the Sanity Meter system. Strange, maybe SK sold the IP to Nintendo, and another developer is handling it, just wild speculation.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo always owned the trademark. I think Dyack said in some interview that they depended on Nintendo to make anything related the ED.

Vyse The Legend said:

I always thought he was trying to say Darksiders or something else "Dark", and accidently said Eternal Darkness and never corrected himself. But John agreed without correcting or asking for elaboration, so maybe they know about it.

Vyse The Legend said:
Just double-checked. He says, "I assume the new Eternal Darkness game will be announced this year."

It's on the December 25th 4 Guys 1up podcast at the 1:06:12 mark.

Thanks for the info. Now I'm officially excited.

Vyse The Legend said:
Just double-checked. He says, "I assume the new Eternal Darkness game will be announced this year."

That would be pretty awesome, if SK were working on it.

Swittcher said:
This is so what Retro is working on, it's not even funny.

Nah, they're working on a new IP, IIRC.

MYE

Vyse The Legend said:

WAT

Swittcher said:
This is so what Retro is working on, it's not even funny.
I wish they were. But I reckon the earlier poster was right...if there was a sequel being worked on, they wouldn't have let it expire.

Non-event. This is Nintendo protecting their interests in the eventuality that they decide they might want to do something maybe. Don't expect an announcement.

Sadist

Vyse The Legend said:

OOOOO EEEMMM GEEEE

But didn't they re-trademark Luigi's Mansion a month ago as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom