• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh snap? Nintendo re-trademarks Eternal Darkness for NA (no news, don't bother)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well, the trademark thing by itself is rather meaningless as Nintendo has many trademarks they keep renewing for no reason. Best example being their trademark for Card Hero which they've let die and brought back several times now.

Agnates

Banned
D-pad would be awful for moving... At most you could like, press B to move forward and turn using the pointer functions, maybe double press B for quick turn, and stuff. A to interact. But yeah, playing a FPV game without strafing would feel weird and clunky, especially when it came to combat... Which would be impossible... You couldn't even backpedal & press any other button (shoot?) @ the same time with such a setup... D-pad is really uncomfortable to use when having the remote used as a, well, a remote. If the d-pad directions were around the A button then it would be far more usable as actual buttons for the many games that use it, but of course useless for side scrollers.

grandjedi6 said:
Well, the trademark thing by itself is rather meaningless as Nintendo has many trademarks they keep renewing for no reason. Best example being their trademark for Card Hero which they've let die and brought back several times now.

Yeah I thought that meant they might localize it. There are only a handful of DS games they have yet to bring over. I mean they brought over Rhythm Heaven, Starfy, Fossil Fighters, and Glory of Heracles.

Kunan

Mama Robotnik said:
And in one sentence, you've made me understand how the Vitality Sensor could be an awesome addition to gaming.
Wow I'm totally sold on the device if this is what we're in for! :D

Maybe they will introduce a pass-through for the Vitality Sensor

Ok, I just heard about this from another page. I'm a little apprehensive about this as some have already stated that renewing a trademark doesn't necessarily mean anything.

What does bother me is why are some of you jumping on what this David Ellis guy said like it was credible? Unless he works for Nintendo or Silicon Knights, anything he says means jack shit. He's just some guy on a podcast (like there aren't a billion of those around) making assumptions.

Unless the info comes from an official source, don't believe it. I mean jeez people...this is how rumors are started.

Henchmen21 said:
Ok, I just heard about this from another page. I'm a little apprehensive about this as some have already stated that renewing a trademark doesn't necessarily mean anything.

What does bother me is why are some of you jumping on what this David Ellis guy said like it was credible? Unless he works for Nintendo or Silicon Knights, anything he says means jack shit. He's just some guy on a podcast (like there aren't a billion of those around) making assumptions.

Unless the info comes from an official source, don't believe it. I mean jeez people...this is how rumors are started.

Let us have our fun, k?

Agnates

Banned
Nobody said he's any more reliable than you, just that it's a weird coincidence for someone to mention something like that in a random video, then for the trademark to pop up. You don't think so?

Agnates said:
Nobody said he's any more reliable than you, just that it's a weird coincidence for someone to mention something like that in a random video, then for the trademark to pop up. You don't think so?
Yeah but you're getting your hopes up when Nintendo nor Silicon Knights have said or even hinted at anything happening. I mean there's a real chance that nothing will come of this and all of those people who lept on this will be angry for no reason.

Also rumors are bad mkay:lol

Agnates

Banned
I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm discussing the possibilities. I haven't even played the original to care enough about it. Who did you see confident that this is really happening?

Kaeru

Banned
You know what would be cool?

If they abducted you to this cabin out in the woods...and then they raped you all night long.
In.the.darkness.

Agnates said:
I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm discussing the possibilities. I haven't even played the original to care enough about it. Who did you see confident that this is really happening?
Dude there are plenty of people latching on to this like it was factual. Okay, rereading the thread and you weren't so my mistake. Hell Vyse The Legend, who posted the Ellis quote, is one I'd count.

Also, you seriously NEED to play ED. Like right this minute:D I'd play mine right now only it's scratched (bought it used) and it sometimes stalls at cutscenes.

I've been replaying through ED 1 with my girlfriend. She loved the Monkey Island games and this is kind of like a point and click adventure, but mixed with an action/adventure RPG.

I'd love to see a sequel, but a remake would be unnecessary as the graphics and gameplay do not feel dated at all in 2010.

I decided to bump this instead of creating a new RTTP thread.

Dascu

The Lamonster said:
I've been replaying through ED 1 with my girlfriend. She loved the Monkey Island games and this is kind of like a point and click adventure, but mixed with an action/adventure RPG.

I'd love to see a sequel, but a remake would be unnecessary as the graphics and gameplay do not feel dated at all in 2010.
You have upset an Elder God in bumping this topic.

LiK

The Lamonster said:

ARGH, just do a RTTP thread. lol

Poyunch

LM4sure said:
Shiiiit! That sounds amazing. I would buy this!
The only problem would be that lack of analog control. Either they redesign the Vitality Sensor or make the game point and click (which would be awesome).

edit: fuuu didn't notice it was old

celebi23

The Lamonster said:

Seriously? The fuck?

StopPosting1.gif
BooThisMan.gif
w0b41.gif
get_the_fuck_out_ani.gif

trinest

While we are pretending the bump never happend and we are still hyping outselves for an impossible release- I say port the original to the 3DS then make a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom