• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral Games working on XBLA, PSN offerings, says general manager

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/22/visceral-games-working-on-xbla-psn-offerings-says-general-mana

Now that Dante's Inferno has been loosed upon the gaming populace, the question of "What's next for Visceral Games?" is asked with increasing (and often comical!) frequency. Yeah, we know about Dead Space 2 and there are murmurs of "The Ripper" being in development at Redwood Shores, but what else? While emphasizing the studio's focus on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, general manager Nick Earl said, "That's not to say that we don't have smaller efforts under way and direct-to-consumer efforts on XBLA and PSN."

Earl points to DICE's downloadable Battlefield 1943, "which was created in a studio even bigger than Visceral" and managed to break sales records. "That is showing the opportunity there," says Earl, noting that Visceral will "have some interesting offerings over this year and next."

We're fine with that strategy so long as one of those offerings is "The Body Count of Monte Cristo." The pitch: You play as the wrongfully imprisoned Edmond Dantès, toiling away years of captivity under the tutelage of your friend, the monk Abbé Faria. Learn mathematics, history, language, and kicking ass, all in preparation for your escape. Resurface years later as the Count of Monte Cristo and exact your revenge across 20 levels of 19th-century action, bond market simulation, and romance minigames. This summer, count down to action with The Body Count of Monte Cristo, from Visceral Games!

ToyMachine228 said:
Wasn't there a rumor like last week that Dead Space: Extraction was coming to XBLA and PSN?

Yup - as either a budget release ($10-15, IIRC) or as some kind of pre-order bonus for buyers of Dead Space 2 (!).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cosmonaut X said:
Yup - as either a budget release ($10-15, IIRC) or as some kind of pre-order bonus for buyers of Dead Space 2 (!).

Historically that kind of thing would be both.

Banjo Kazooie XBLA was a free pre-order bonus for people who bought Banjo Nuts and Bolts, but it was also sold for $15 (1200 points). Fable 2 Pub Games was a free pre-order bonus for people who bought Fable 2, but it was also sold for $10 (800 points). Makes sense that this could follow the same pattern.

Honestly, that'd be the best case scenario for me. I already own the Wii version. If any XBLA/PSN port ended up better, I'd be able to sell the Wii version. If it ended up worse, I'd be able to get it without actually paying anything so no foul!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ToyMachine228 said:
Wasn't there a rumor like last week that Dead Space: Extraction was coming to XBLA and PSN?
There was also something about a strategy game called Planet Cracker.

Top Bottom