• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting married soon...here's my story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

How could you guess that?
Chicago had some of the best girls when I was there. I heard it started going downhill after I left until it eventually disappeared. But man, you would have missed Apache. Apache was where it was at, but it got closed down right after I got there.

Anyway, I just got a pm from someone so I figured I would post something. I'm not dead, I haven't killed anyone, nothing terrible has happened or will happen. I've pretty much been asleep all weekend, waking up to maybe eat or watch a movie. And lurk the UFC thread last night too. A buddy invited me over to watch it but I didn't want to be around anyone.
I can maybe post something tomorrow. I'll be here with my daughter while she is at work. Have plenty of time to think then.

Edit: right now my wife is telling me she wants to go with me to eat and that one of her girlfriends will treat is. I told her, "The last thing you said to me was that you didn't love me and you were leaving me. I don't want to go anywhere with you right now." And she is saying that it is the past and to forget she said anything.
I don't even know.
What is with this female? Is she surprised you are upset?

Edit: right now my wife is telling me she wants to go with me to eat and that one of her girlfriends will treat is. I told her, "The last thing you said to me was that you didn't love me and you were leaving me. I don't want to go anywhere with you right now." And she is saying that it is the past and to forget she said anything.
I don't even know.

That's fucked up. Now she's just messing with your head.

You seem like a decent guy, OP. A decent guy who's made some questionable decisions. I really do wish you the best. You'll get through all of this bullshit one day.

How are things working out for you? I see you escaped that evil place last year.

(sorry for the derail, feel free to ignore :lol)
I'm much better but I still have a couple of things I have to get sorted before I go down relationship lane. Which include:
-Losing all the weight I packed on during this semester. (20lbs)
-Figuring out ways I can avoid bringing a girl to my religious parents' house.
-Getting an internship at a top notch marketing firm I had an interview at a couple of days ago.

And if I don't get that internship then I'll head back to that web design firm I was working at last year. At this point I don't really care where I work at... I just need a job so that I have some extra cash to spend. :p

/momentary derail

Enco

Chicago had some of the best girls when I was there. I heard it started going downhill after I left until it eventually disappeared. But man, you would have missed Apache. Apache was where it was at, but it got closed down right after I got there.

Anyway, I just got a pm from someone so I figured I would post something. I'm not dead, I haven't killed anyone, nothing terrible has happened or will happen. I've pretty much been asleep all weekend, waking up to maybe eat or watch a movie. And lurk the UFC thread last night too. A buddy invited me over to watch it but I didn't want to be around anyone.
I can maybe post something tomorrow. I'll be here with my daughter while she is at work. Have plenty of time to think then.

I don't even know.
Oh man I must have missed that last update.

That sucks and is definitely messed up. Good luck!

Psh.
Yeah I'm sure that's the reason you didn't get any action...
3 years ago my indoctrinated brain wouldn't let me get any action. My super-ego (aka God) wouldn't allow it.

Now the only things that are limiting me are my finances, my pudgy body, and my religious parents (who I live with...).

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Okay, now will you take the advice to BAIL THE FUCK OUT?

Process all of the data, sir.

kairiceres

Neo Member
She's using you so she can get her citizenship so that she can bring her family back to the states. She's sticking with you because she wants her life to get better and obviously she doesn't love you and is still with you because of the benefits that she can get. I'm pretty sure she still lusts for her baby daddy or any other white guy she sees. It's no surprise that the whole family is in on it too. You're her goose that lays golden eggs right now so she's changing her tune and saying past is past. You're still young. You can have a new life after this.

Thanks.

But yeah, that's probably another limiting factor when it comes to relationships. I work myself waaay too hard.

Why don't you take your life story to PMs instead of derailing the thread?

OP, maybe you can work things out with the missus, maybe go out to eat with her and talk shit through, not with her friends present tho, get a babysitter and see what you can sort out. Best of luck.

UFRA

I don't even know

She is playing games with you now man. I'm sorry but with the way she's acting now, I can't even comprehend trying to make things work with this woman anymore. I remember following this thread back when it was regularly active with your updates. I remember thinking that the general tone of your attitude gradually went from optimistic and cheery down to pessimistic and depressed (fuck, she doesn't even let you enjoy your gaming hobbies...everyone should be allowed to enjoy a hobby of theirs, even if their partner disagrees with it. They should allow their partner some time to enjoy it). You put all that weight on, which was probably attributed to the stress, and now she's making hints about leaving you. Maybe she found a new guy and is planting the seed in your head that you're going to get bailed on soon.

Here's my suggestion list of things to do:
-Hang out with your friend that offered to watch UFC with you. Right now you NEED someone to talk to that you can bounce thoughts off of.
-TRY to look at your relationship with this girl from an outside perspective and analyze it. Who is making more sacrifices in it? What is causing problems? ARE YOU HAPPY because of the time you spend with the woman or is it just because you can say you're married?
-Have a sit down with her and seriously discuss what the fuck is going on with her and why she's threatening to leave you.

Canuck76

Banned
Wait are the kids his or hers? Either way man, this isn't just about you or her anymore. Now that the kids are involved you got to make sure their protected and don't get involved in this crap. Seriously whatever you need to do to patch up your relationship do it, because those kids need a mom and a dad.

Make some hard and fast rules though so she doesn't play you to get her family and herself citizenship and leave.

right now my wife is telling me she wants to go with me to eat and that one of her girlfriends will treat is. I told her, "The last thing you said to me was that you didn't love me and you were leaving me. I don't want to go anywhere with you right now." And she is saying that it is the past and to forget she said anything.
I don't even know.

I generally advocate for couples to give it another chance, work through their differences and stick together.

Bail the fuck out, now. She has no respect for you or your feelings. Respect yourself, man, come on.

RedSwirl

Just read this entire thread for first time ever.

iAainPAgexT8K.jpg

Seriously though I am going to say what I feel. I hope this works out for you OP, really I do. I am not some white knight mofo. But best of luck to you bro.

Post perfectly captures my feelings here.

Al-ibn Kermit

The kid ain't his! It honestly wouldn't surprise me if eyeliner felt compelled to pay child support for some dumb reason.

Dude, just shut up. When you raise a kid as your own, you will love them and you can't just let them go. The woman might be wrong for him but there is nothing wrong with trying be in the kid's life.

I don't even know.

In other words, in the time since she told you the truth, she realized that she's broke and stuck in a foreign country with no source of income but you.

Have you ever worked a really shitty job, and you come thisclose to quitting, but you stop yourself at the last minute because you realize you need the money? For your wife, you're her shitty job.

In other words, in the time since she told you the truth, she realized that she's broke and stuck in a foreign country with no source of income but you.

Have you ever worked a really shitty job, and you come thisclose to quitting, but you stop yourself at the last minute because you realize you need the money? For your wife, you're her shitty job.
I would love an employer that pays 10k a minute.

Sorry I couldn't help it.

Violater

OP I don't know wtf is going on with you, but I just hope that you have protected your assets legally from your wife if worst comes to worst.

Canuck76

Banned
no. I would rather have no father than two parents in a shit marriage. I speak from experience.

Yeah. I don't know. I need an update but do try to put the kid first. But also watch out for yourself. It does sound like your getting your chain yanked around here. Maybe see if you can get the kid with full custody.

Sounds like your doing a lot of the parenting

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wait are the kids his or hers? Either way man, this isn't just about you or her anymore. Now that the kids are involved you got to make sure their protected and don't get involved in this crap. Seriously whatever you need to do to patch up your relationship do it, because those kids need a mom and a dad.

Make some hard and fast rules though so she doesn't play you to get her family and herself citizenship and leave.
Go read the OP. It started off with him in a relationship with her sister, who was married with two kids. He gave her family 10,000 over a years time to pay for bills. He was taken advantage off. After he found out she was married he got into a relationship with the sister over the internet who had kid and they eventually got married. Then they moved to the states it seems and have argued most of the relationship.

Since the kid is hers and they have green cards, and unless he can get custody with divorce, it seems like he has to stay married to take care of the kid in the united states. I guess he could send money to the Philippines.

If he stays in this marriage for the kid I think he will essentially forfeit his happiness and forfeit finding someone that actually loves him. The kid may or may not have a better life with a different dad.

Chojin

I hope this thread doesn't make Filipinas to look bad. You really gotta look into the context of that situation.

My fiance doesn't grub me for money constantly. Even when we were away from each other when I had to go back to the states. Any money sent to her parents back home comes from her own wallet. I'd help out too but I wrote to my future in-laws that condoms were expensive.

JaseMath

I generally advocate for couples to give it another chance, work through their differences and stick together.

Bail the fuck out, now. She has no respect for you or your feelings. Respect yourself, man, come on.

:lol Fucking seriously, OP. This dame is walking all over you and she's an emotional bully. I get that you're not as well-traveled in the arena of relationships, but the one you have isn't how they're supposed to work...especially in a loving one.

Just read the whole thread. OP... my thoughts are with you. Even if you were naive you don't deserve to be treated like this.

Hope it works out ok for you in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom