• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Z2 for PS3?

Xater

Well I can not find my thread about the rumor that a new Super Robot Wars might be coming to PS3, so let's do this in a new thread. GameWave says they will have Super Robot Wars Z2 for PS3 in their next issue.

Source

hteng

Banned
yea the cover even go so far as to say that "End of the year, high definition launch!"

oh well... maybe it's refering to the Gundam / Tales line below... but no one really knows.

lol looking forward to a HD console SRW!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
hteng said:
yea the cover even go so far as to say that "End of the year, high definition launch!"

oh well... maybe it's refering to the Gundam / Tales line below... but no one really knows.

lol looking forward to a HD console SRW!

What does it say below?

SRW Hotnews reported that some Japanese blogs have been running with speculation of a new SRW being announced for PS3 at TGS. I'm guessing GameWave is running with those same rumors.

With that said, what does the "Gundam Tales" blurb say?

Srider

Banned
It says right at the top that SRW Z2 is coming for PS3.

The Gundam Tales blurb says that a new title will also be announced at the same time.

The ? and !? are really just what Asian game mags use to catch your attention.

I say this is pretty reliable news.

Btw, this is a Chinese version of Gamewave, I assume the Taiwan edition. Those guys are usually on the spot. I believe the Japanese magazines will have the same news in the next upcoming issue.

hteng

Banned
ULTROS! said:
What does it say below?

says Gundam or Tales game will be revealed simultaneously, it's pretty ambiguous though, doesn't mention which new gundam or tales game

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So does it mean that:

- New SRW for the PS3
- New Tales of Gundam game or new Gundam AND Tales game?

Xater

Srider said:

The Gundam Tales blurb says that a new title will also be announced at the same time.

Didn't Famitsu also tease some announcement for next week? Maybe this is it?

Srider said:

Didnt they confirm another tales game coming to the triple?

fake edit: http://www.ps3center.net/news/4635/new-ps3-exclusive-tales-game-coming/

tales of unitia? sounds... gamey

Srider

Banned
I think what the magazine cover is saying (based on context) is that a new Tales game will be announced alongside the new Gundam PS3 game.

It's not clear if the tales game is for PS3, but with Japanese market the way it is, PS3 should be the ideal platform.

ULTROS!

Srider said:
I think what the magazine cover is saying (based on context) is that a new Tales game will be announced alongside the new Gundam PS3 game.

It's not clear if the tales game is for PS3, but with Japanese market the way it is, PS3 should be the ideal platform.

So Namco Bandai gives the PS3:

- Gundam
- Super Robot Wars Z2
- A new Tales game rumored to be an exclusive (well... The PS3 has yet to receive a brand new Tales game that isn't a port).

Namco Bandai redeemed and TGS2010 is gonna be awesome. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I literally just finished Destiny's storyline in SRW K about 5 mins ago and was in the middle of telling duckroll how terrible Destiny was handled compred to how Z actually made it good and then I click on gaf and see Z2 and I'm like omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

PLEASE BE TRUE

ULTROS! said:
So Namco Bandai gives the PS3:

- Gundam
- Super Robot Wars Z2
- A new Tales game rumored to be an exclusive (well... The PS3 has yet to receive a brand new Tales game that isn't a port).

Don't forget about ACE:R.

Bebpo said:
I literally just finished Destiny's storyline in SRW K about 5 mins ago and was in the middle of telling duckroll how terrible Destiny was handled compred to how Z actually made it good and then I click on gaf and see Z2 and I'm like omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

PLEASE BE TRUE

It's not like Destiny will play any part in the Z2 storyline regardless.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would love an HD sprite-based SRW, but it'll probably be polygonal, won't it? :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hteng said:
i would pray to the machine gods everyday to make it true

nintendo-kicks-off-xenoblade-push-20100401112956326-000.jpg

?

Xater

thetrin said:
I would love an HD sprite-based SRW, but it'll probably be polygonal, won't it? :(

The one on the Wii is polygonal, so I would expect that on the PS3 as well.

Edit: Neo bombed? Hmm then who knows?

Bebpo

Banned
thetrin said:

Z2 would not be 3d. No way.

3d SRW are standalone titles that no one cares about.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Hmm... I wonder if SRW game will remain with 2D Sprites or it will go to 3D models. I hope it stays with 2D Sprites, I think that is its charm.

Bebpo

Banned
Z's sprites are already good enough for PS3. It will be 2d if it is real. They will be reusing A LOT of sprites from Z like alpha 2 -> alpha 3.

Xater said:
The one on the Wii is polygonal, so I would expect that on the PS3 as well.

Edit: Neo bombed? Hmm then who knows?

The one for the Gamecube was also polygonal, that had no bearing on the PS2 SRW titles.

Bebpo

Banned
Pureauthor said:
It's not like Destiny will play any part in the Z2 storyline regardless.

Yeah, but the point is Z was awesome! So Z2 will be as well :)

And I'd wager a lot of the units will still be around from Z. Amuro x Kira x Setsuna crossover dialogue incoming?

hteng

Banned
thetrin said:
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/108/1081398/nintendo-kicks-off-xenoblade-push-20100401112956326-000.jpg

?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.clockworkmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/hob-fig-9239_01.jpg

don't wanna spoil others so i'll leave this man here

Srider

Banned
There is a minor detail that I should add from the text in the magazine cover.

It says NBGI has multiple incoming titles about to be announced.

I don't know where people see the PS3 Gundam vs Gundam N+ news, but that would make me happy if true.

Xater

Srider said:
I don't know where people see the PS3 Gundam vs Gundam N+ news, but that would make me happy if true.

That was an old GameWave cover. It later was announced and released for PSP. But because of this people are wary if it will really come to PS3.

Srider said:
There is a minor detail that I should add from the text in the magazine cover.

It says NBGI has multiple incoming titles about to be announced.

This was a while back. Gamewave ran with a GvGN+ rumors for the PS3. We all got hyped and then let down when it was totally false.

hteng

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
Will buy if this robot is in
A3_Banpreios.gif

that belongs to Alpha and OG timeline, the next best chance it'll ever appear is probably in OG3 or 4. But yea, definitely not expecting to see it in Z2.

we've still got the evil masaki though in Z though.

Tenbatsu

hteng said:
that belongs to Alpha and OG timeline, the next best chance it'll ever appear is probably in OG3 or 4. But yea, definitely not expecting to see it in Z2.

we've still got the evil masaki though in Z though.
Very sad, I am still waiting for Banpreios to separate apart. I want my SRW Beta:(

duckroll

GameWave are the geniuses who also claimed to have scoops on:

- Monster Hunter Tri Portable
- Gundam vs Gundam PS3

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

hteng

Banned
duckroll said:
GameWave are the geniuses who also claimed to have scoops on:

- Monster Hunter Tri Portable
- Gundam vs Gundam PS3

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

noooooo our hopes and dreams~!

duckroll

Xater said:
Well that kinda happened. ;)

No it didn't. MHP3 is specifically not Tri, nor does it even use a logo remotely similar. They took the Wii logo for Tri, and slapped a PORTABLE on it. There was no scoop either. Really lame.

It's really, really easy to make bullshit cover scoops of stuff which will almost certainly eventually happen when there's no need to actually have any sort of article inside talking about anything you promise on the cover. :p

Srider

Banned
duckroll said:
No it didn't. MHP3 is specifically not Tri, nor does it even use a logo remotely similar. They took the Wii logo for Tri, and slapped a PORTABLE on it. There was no scoop either. Really lame.

It's really, really easy to make bullshit cover scoops of stuff which will almost certainly eventually happen when there's no need to actually have any sort of article inside talking about anything you promise on the cover. :p

Maybe the PS3 GvG game reported before is actually the one about to be announced...

Zengar

I'd love to have OG3 instead. Either way, any PS3 SRW is fine. I bought a PS3 solely for SRW
(and Demon's soul, Yakuza..)
. Oh and speaking of Xenoblade, does anyone see that the mech in the beginning look like Ghespent?

ULTROS!

Rikyfree said:
You want more info on Super Robot War Z2?!

ASK TO NAMCO!!

Actually, its Bandai property, you should ask Bandai. :p

ULTROS!

Oops, mixed up Banpresto with Bandai. ><

So I guess it's possible that they'll announce something from Banpresto, Bandai, and Namco... Hm....

Top Bottom