• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: No online Co-op before September 28

Kifimbo

Not sure how Microsoft feels about this. Don't kill me if old. OFFLINE COOP STILL INCLUDED DAY 1.

For months, Crystal Dynamis has touted the online co-op mode in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, where two players work together to battle enemies and solve puzzles. It's without question the game's most intriguing feature, and in a shocking twist, this mode won't debut alongside the game when it hits Xbox Live August 18th for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). Instead, Xbox 360 owners will need to wait for a downloadable update that'll arrive September 28th.

From the press release:

On September 28, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be released with full online support on PlayStation Network and PC (via the Steam network). On the same day we will offer a free update for Xbox 360 gamers to download which will include the introduction of two player online co-op as well as full leaderboard support and voice chat functionality.

More here: http://www.rundlc.com/news/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-co-op-controversy-xbox-live/

Also seems there are gonna be characters from other Eidos (Square Enix ?) franchises.

S1kkZ

like i said in the other thread: very stupid move. who wants to play this online when reach, dead rising 2 and test drive unlimited 2 are out?

it was day one for me, but after this i wont buy it.

Kifimbo

Gravijah said:
So one of the Summer of Arcade games isn't even complete...

That's why I wonder what Microsoft thinks about this. They could have given Lara Croft spot to Deathspank, Shank, and probably some others.

Ricker

Just couch co-op at least? Well looks like I wont get my 3 games in...Castlevania is too hard and this is bullshit,so in the end I`ll get this just the same but that`s got to be one of the worst PR/Preorder/pre hype blunder in a while but that doesn`t surprise me with the Marketplace monkeys,thank god Limbo was great...oh well.

S1kkZ

Relaxed Muscle said:
Probably a fair amount of publishers had nice games that could be part of Summer Arcade, and MS choose one that isn't even complete?!
i think the online coop is already in, but some other exclusive bullshit is holding it back until sep 28th.

feel

DR2K said:
That's probably a deal breaker for a lot of people.
*raises hand*

I could use this right now as a way to kill some time with a friend until Halo Reach releases, but after that is out I won't be needing filler games.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Microsoft tries to fuck other platforms over with moneyhats and it bites them in the ass. Serves them right for trying to fuck PC for the millionth time.

S1kkZ

Stallion Free said:
So Microsoft tries to fuck other platforms over with moneyhats and it bites them in the ass. Serves them right for trying to fuck PC for the millionth time.
butthurt?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
S1kkZ said:
butthurt?
Goddamn right it is, they go out of the way to hold shit away from the platform they pretty much run. If you preferred your PC to your Xbox, you would feel the same way. I don't want to play a lesser version of a game and I don't see why I should have to wait an extra month for it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Strider2K99 said:
I doubt Microsoft gives a fuck.
If I was at MS I would be livid. They gave the game a huge marketing push by including in the Summer of Arcade only to be stabbed in the back.

If they knew beforehand they must have had a weaksauce choice of exclusives to get wrangled into a deal like that. Either way they'll be less than ecstatic about this announcement.

Beth Cyra

SapientWolf said:
If I was at MS I would be livid. They gave the game a huge marketing push by including in the Summer of Arcade only to be stabbed in the back.

That would be only if Microsoft didn't know about this before. I find it hard to believe that Crystal D kept this a secret and they found out today with the rest of us.

And if they did, well Crystal D would be pretty fucking dumb to burn bridges like that.

Stallion Free said:
Goddamn right it is, they go out of the way to hold shit away from the platform they pretty much run. If you preferred your PC to your Xbox, you would feel the same way. I don't want to play a lesser version of a game and I don't see why I should have to wait an extra month for it.

Especially when the 360 version looks like this:

keircommunityshot.jpg

:/

The same engine looks utterly fantastic on PC, not an ugly, blurry, aliased mess like that shitfest.

Beth Cyra

brain_stew said:
Especially when the 360 version looks like this:

:/

The same engine looks utterly fantastic on PC, not an ugly, blurry, aliased mess like that shitfest.

Why does that bug look so shitty?

S1kkZ

nice try brain stew. too bad that ign has gameplay videos of the 360 version. guess what: its doesnt look like that screenshot. since all you do is - the 360, i expect better from you.

Beth Cyra

Stoney Mason said:
Because he's a PC fanboy who can't make a post about anything else but shit like this.

That question was a real one from me.

To me it's body looks like how things do in UE III before texture load in, the head to looks terrible.

Still maybe it is just a bad screen shot and it really looks alot better in motion.

Salsa

Doesnt really affect me, seems like a game id prefer to play with a friend besides me anyway. Offline ftw.

brain_stew said:
So you're telling me that screen doesn't look like complete shit?

I'll telling you as usual this has nothing to do with anything outside of something you have manufactured to bring into this thread to talk about PC graphics versus console graphics. But honestly I barely post over here anymore so continue on. Just saying.

S1kkZ said:
nice try brain stew. too bad that ign has gameplay videos of the 360 version. guess what: its doesnt look like that screenshot. you can do better.

Using compressed low resolution internet video to judge image quality? Real classy. I guarantee you the game is subHD on the 360 and will look just as nasty as that screenshot. The shitty IQ is present in every single screenshot that has been released, you don't go making your game output at a lower resolution specifically for PR material.

Top Bottom