• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

did i watch all the great animes ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

hey
so i just finished fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and i liked it ( except the typical anime main characters ed and al who don't want to kill and always make the stupid anime face that i hate now ).
i used to watch a lot of anime like 4 years ago but i stopped doing that after realizing i finished most of the good ones.

anyway,i want you to recommend me an anime but this is my conditions to watch animes:-
- don't want typical whiny main characters like naruto and bleach but i'm ok with anime like gurren lagan ( started as shitty typical anime then it became godly ).
- drama are ok it don't have to be action.
- anything like hajime no ippo are huge yes.
- it doesn't have to be new (believe it or not i watched all of hokuto no ken episodes before the ps2 fighting game came out ).
- movies-ova are ok but don't want anything like spirited away.

my favorite animes:-
- berserk ( watched it 4 times and read the manga to volume 30 in 1 day ).
- gungrave ( watched it 5 times, my favorite anime of all time ).
-hajime no ppo.
- Gundam universal centuries ( didn't watch double Z and victory, are they worth watching ?! ).
-samurai x both of the ova ( the series is piece of shit after watching 60 episode ).

i know i have some kind of high standard but i want to know if i already watched all the good ones out there or is there anything else left for me to watch ?!.

edit : the favorite list is my absolute favorite, i still watched many many other animes but these what i consider masterpieces.

Aad

No. You're missing these:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Kino's Journey
Mononoke
Kuchu Buranko
Princess Mononoke
Kaiba
Juuni Kokuki
Mushishi
Hunter x Hunter
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Eve no Jikan
More Higashi no Eden
Samurai Champloo
Kemonozume
FLCL
Serial Experiments Lain
Cromartie High School
Shigurui
Paranoia Agent
Boogiepop Phantom

Dresden

There's nothing left for you. You've exhausted all the good anime that's been made in the last five or so decades. All the thousands of shows that have come and gone, are closed to you. The medium is dead to you. It's over. The end. Forget it and move on. Maybe read a book. Learn to use the shift key. Find something worthwhile to do.

Kite

Bible Black
Nightshift Nurses
Kite xD
Mezzo Forte

Go forth young padawan~

edit: I joke nsfw nsfw

Dresden

Aad said:
No. You're missing these:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Kino's Journey
Mononoke
Kuchu Buranko
Princess Mononoke
Kaiba
Juuni Kokuki
Mushishi
Hunter x Hunter
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Eve no Jikan
More Higashi no Eden
Samurai Champloo
Kemonozume
FLCL
Serial Experiments Lain
Cromartie High School
Shigurui
Paranoia Agent
Boogiepop Phantom
Stop lying. It's over. It's done. Anime is dead to him. Let him move on for his sake and our's. Anime is too moe now. We all know anime died three years ago. When Lelouch fell off the platform, Zero Requiem completed, anime died. The industry collapsed. The end came. Apocalypse happened. It's over. It's done. Anime is dead.

Watch Mononoke

mononoke2.jpg
mononoke.jpg

Q8D3vil

Since I see no Macross on your list, no you haven't.
do you mean the new one ?!
my friend told me the begining was good but then it turned into music anime or something like that.
I don't see any Ghost in The Shell either.
thanks you for reminding me about it,i have the first 2 movies on BR, i will watch them today.

Great Teacher Onizuka
Mononoke
Princess Mononoke
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Cromartie High School
Paranoia Agent
i watched those.

i'm interested in those
Kaiba
Kemonozume
Shigurui
keep em coming people :D

You've never finished all the good anime out there.
i know but i don't want a good anime, i wanted the great ones LIKE berserk and gungrave.

Mrbob

I haven't watched anime in a long time, but back in the day I had a friend who had all the seasons of Ranma 1/2. I actually thought it was pretty good for a couple seasons, then everything went happy go lucky and the show went to shit. I think it is season 4 when the show starts going downhill. Maybe later into season 3, been awhile since I have seen it.

I also saw Cowboy Bebop that was pretty awesome all the way through.

Gungrave is sick, but hated the animation of the group when they went necro. Tsuneo Imahori's music is great though.

Hmmmm....

Cowboy Bebop
House of Five Leaves
Gantz
Blue Gender
Trigun

maybe try those.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
sphagnum said:
Hey, stop taking my pick. I'm the one who says K-On! around here.

Watch K-On! dude, it's greatest anime of all time and the pinnacle of japanese animation. Everting else after K-On! is just not cute anymore.

ShinNL

CTRL + F: Gol...

No "Golden Boy".... :(

I also hope OP didn't skip on One Piece thinking it's ugly and/or too many episodes.

Aad

Vox-Pop said:
Hey, stop taking my pick. I'm the one who says K-On! around here.

Watch K-On! dude, it's greatest anime of all time and the pinnacle of japanese animation. Everting else after K-On! is just not cute anymore.
Aarrgggg! Why do you make me want to watch K-On! so bad?!

Q8D3vil said:
hey
so i just finished fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and i liked it ( except the typical anime main characters ed and al who don't want to kill and always make the stupid anime face that i hate now ).
i used to watch a lot of anime like 4 years ago but i stopped doing that after realizing i finished most of the good ones.

anyway,i want you to recommend me an anime but this is my conditions to watch animes:-
- don't want typical whiny main characters like naruto and bleach but i'm ok with anime like gurren lagan ( started as shitty typical anime then it became godly ).
- drama are ok it don't have to be action.
- anything like hajime no ippo are huge yes.
- it doesn't have to be new (believe it or not i watched all of hokuto no ken episodes before the ps2 fighting game came out ).
- movies-ova are ok but don't want anything like spirited away.

my favorite animes:-
- berserk ( watched it 4 times and read the manga to volume 30 in 1 day ).
- gungrave ( watched it 5 times, my favorite anime of all time ).
-hajime no ppo.
- Gundam universal centuries ( didn't watch double Z and victory, are they worth watching ?! ).
-samurai x both of the ova ( the series is piece of shit after watching 60 episode ).

i know i have some kind of high standard but i want to know if i already watched all the good ones out there or is there anything else left for me to watch ?!.

Where's ANYTHING Macross? (seriously, Macross Plus at the very least, if not Macross & Macross II)
What about 3x3 Eyes?
Appleseed (personal favorite here, not sure of others)

There's so many things you've not listed that you've either discounted as "not good/great" or simply haven't watched.

I recommend Gantz. Its only 26 episodes, has some good action, pretty intense drama wise, and can be funny at times (although kinda in a sick way). Most of all it has a pretty fun concept, especially if you are a videogame fan. Seeing how you liked Berserk, I could imagine you really enjoying Gantz.

A lot of people shit on it compared to the manga though. But I think what people have a problem with is that the last couple of episodes are completely different than how the manga goes. Having read the manga I can say that the episodes leading up to that are pretty much the same as the manga.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Gurren Lagann
Durarara
Eden of the East (haven't seen it yet myself holding out for the bluray release in October)
Code Geass
Gundum 00
Toradora
Kanagi
Souleater (love just about all things bones)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm not even the biggest anime person around, and I've seen more than you listed, but I only watched the fighting stuff of the 80's and 90's, and some gems like Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note etc. - now I just follow the "Big Three".

Others can make a proper list, it'd even have stuff I've seen but I really couldn't list them myself.

Wark

Bootaaay said:
Watch Mononoke

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/mononoke2.jpg[/IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Bootaaay/mononoke.jpg[/QUOTE]

I've heard of this, but I'm never actually watched it. The art style looks intriguing. I'll definitely have to check this series out.

I'd list something, but it looks like most of my suggestions were already listed.

Aad

Wark said:
I've heard of this, but I'm never actually watched it. The art style looks intriguing. I'll definitely have to check this series out.

I'd list something, but it looks like most of my suggestions were already listed.
It's a great and only 12 episodes long. I'm sure you'll find it a joy to watch.

Branduil

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
Monster
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Azumanga Daioh
Baccano!
Escaflowne
My Neighbor Totoro
Superflat Monogram
Now and Then, Here and There
Whisper of the Heart
Grave of the Fireflies
Kiki's Delivery Service
Dennou Coil
Fullmetal Alchemist
Kino's Journey
Macross Plus
Nausicaa
Evangelion 1.0
Angel's Egg
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Time of Eve
Voices of a Distant Star
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
5cm Per Second
Sword of the Stranger
Ponyo
Paranoia Agent

Folks, recommend him stuff Pre-2000. Seriously. Most of the stuff you're recommending to him is within recent memory and are acting as if there wasn't anything great in the 90's.

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom