• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA JAM |OT| Whoomp, there it is!

WillyFive

1538597-2.png

NBA JAM is the basketball game for those who love videogames. Sure, the other, "more realistic" basketball games have become
more popular, but the type of basketball game that arcade minded gamers loved to play has seemingly dissipated along with the
hardcore fanbase.

Until now! No longer will you have to abide the laws of physics or the abilities of the human body. You play as you want. You want
to shove a player out of the way? Send him to his mama. You want to elbow this ugly guy next to you? Carve him a new mouth.
Want to dunk this ball? Put it on fire, break the basket! Make awesome (and glass) rain upon spectators!

Play 2-on-2 games, 1-on-1 boss battles, elimination, HORSE, and more! Unlock easter eggs and special players! Complete with
fully digitized players! NBA JAM does what basketball doesn't!

Available now for Wii, 360 and PS3!

1538596-1.png

1538599-4.png

1538600-5.png

*Contrary to the opening post, Willy105 does not confirm Obama and Kotick will be in the game. However, Obama is in the game.​

1538630-6.png

Brofist

taylor910 said:
The Magic get Shaq, ouch.

Well he is still probably the best player the franchise has ever had. Of course legends means it'll be the in his prime backboard breaking version.

snesfreak

Banned
I still haven't decided if I'm gonna buy this, I'm pissed off at EA for RE4ing Wii owners.
It's one of the only sports games I like.

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Is this launching at $50 or $40?

Gamestop.com says $50.

Sad that they gimped both versions. I'll probably end up getting the PSN version when it becomes available (at a likely much cheaper price).

snesfreak

Banned
It's ridiculous, EA has it's own online system, how the fuck could they NOT put it in the Wii version?
NBA JAM T.E. coming soon!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd actually like NBA street to come back, as long as its like Vol 2. I may get this. I loved NBA jam back in the day.

Hey, Chris Webber should be a King's legend and where's Reggie Miller and Sir Charles?

Don't tell me they're licensed by TNT!

Anyway, Nintendo Power gave this a 9. Looks good.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Hey, Chris Webber should be a King's legend and where's Reggie Miller and Sir Charles?

Don't tell me they're licensed by TNT!

Anyway, Nintendo Power gave this a 9. Looks good.
Charles has always needed a separate license, along with Jordan. In fact, that's likely the main reason for the largest Jordan-related omission in 2K11 (Barkley and the 92-93 Suns are the only Jordan-related Finals team missing).

Top Bottom