• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Game Footage Video Reel

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nintendo has released a video reel for several upcoming Nintendo 3DS games.
Video Reel: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/3ds/lineupMovHigh.html
Code:
Games (In Order Of Appearance):
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Nintendogs & Cats
-Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
-Resident Evil: Revelations
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
-Samurai Warriors Chronicles
-Dead Or Alive: Dimensions
-Konami Baseball
-Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3DS
-Super Paper Mario 3DS
-Pilotwings Resort
-Mario Kart 3DS
-Chocobo Racing 3D
-Super Monkey Ball 3DS
-Ridge Racer
-Layton 5
-Starfox 64 3D
-Steel Diver
-Animal Crossing 3DS
-The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

pulga

Banned
lol at the dude talking about RR as if someone gives a fuck

HOLY SHIT AT RESIDENT EVIL. ARE YOU STILL THERE, CAPGOD?!

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Graphics seem pretty underwhelming on most games but they're likely in a very early stage and the devs need time to get used to the hardware I suppose. Still, can't help feeling a little disappointed.

Jonnyram

cw_sasuke said:
From all games shown you pick RR as a power indicator ? Come on....
Because Ridge games have always been good looking launch titles on PS1, PS2, PS3, X360, DS, PSP, yeah.
Let's put it another way. The only thing on that reel that had nice graphics was Biohazard :)

mollipen

UGH at Ridge Racer. Looked terrible at E3, still looks terrible. Ridge Racer 2 PSP was amazing, if Namco drops the ball on this I'm going to be upset.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, Capcom is going all out. More new games than ports is the biggest surprise. Konami and Koei Tecmo support is pretty strong too. And from the sounds of it S-E and Level 5 are on board even though it doesn't show completely here. lol @ Sega and Namco

1-D_FTW

Jonnyram said:
Not impressed by Ridge. Could the 3DS be a little lighter powered than expected?

It certainly didn't seem to be running at 60fps. Everything was super smooth, then comes RR.
30fps RR?

Or maybe my eyes still aren't fully open.

Jonnyram

shidoshi said:
UGH at Ridge Racer. Looked terrible at E3, still looks terrible. Ridge Racer 2 PSP was amazing, if Namco drops the ball on this I'm going to be upset.
Honestly, it looks like a quick and cheap port of the 64/DS version, so they probably haven't put their main Ridge team on it, unfortunately. Still, ultra-depressing for a Ridge fan such as myself. Guess we'll have to wait for PSP2 to deliver on that front.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm sort of surprised there weren't more new games announced? Especially after being quiet for so long.

Revelations looks better in that vid than it does in the screenshots. The cargo ship environment doesn't look very hot, but the others in that vid look nice.

Jin34

Jonnyram said:
Because Ridge games have always been good looking launch titles on PS1, PS2, PS3, X360, DS, PSP, yeah.
Let's put it another way. The only thing on that reel that had nice graphics was Biohazard :)

Did our PC skip the SSF4 part :lol

itschris

Jonnyram said:
Honestly, it looks like a quick and cheap port of the 64/DS version, so they probably haven't put their main Ridge team on it, unfortunately. Still, ultra-depressing for a Ridge fan such as myself. Guess we'll have to wait for PSP2 to deliver on that front.

I think it might actually be a port of the iPhone version:

Gm0lQ.jpg
RPQeo.jpg

Jin34

Jonnyram said:

Its a launch game, there are always those games that look like spiffied up versions of last gen games. It's like judging the Xbox 1's power based of Kabuki Warriors when there is DoA 3 or basing the 360's power on all those rezed up versions of PS2/GC/Xbox games and calling it xbox 1.5.

Jonnyram

Jin34 said:
Its a launch game, there are always those games that look like spiffied up versions of last gen games. It's like judging the Xbox 1's power based of Kabuki Warriors when there is DoA 3 or basing the 360's power on all those rezed up versions of PS2/GC/Xbox games and calling it xbox 1.5.
Did you miss the part where the Ridge games at launch for PS1, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 looked amazing? Ugh. Going round in circles.

jax (old)

Banned
That whole lineup list is very impressive. Its funny how the 3DS is essentially looking like its more robust than the wii.

I want one.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Jonnyram said:
Not impressed by Ridge. Could the 3DS be a little lighter powered than expected?
many of the other games showcased demonstrate that the 3DS has fairly impressive performance for a handheld. why judge it's capabilities on one of the games shown when there were multiple examples of games that look great.

Jin34

Jonnyram said:
Did you miss the part where the Ridge games at launch for PS1, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 looked amazing? Ugh. Going round in circles.

Did you miss the part where DoA 2 and DoA 3 were graphical showcases and DoA 4 mostly looked like an HD version of the XbX 1 games? I swear its the same old shit every new console launch.
Face it Namco ain't what it once was or its just a quickie port cash grab

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jonnyram said:

erm okay, i guess your standards are way off if doa, street fighter, metal gear and co. look like shit to you...

plasmasd

I'm getting this just for MGS3. Will be fantastic to play in 3D. Hope the control works as well as Peace Walker.

Sloane

Banned
Again, Ridge Racer and Mario Kart look pretty bad. Not sure yet, if I like Layton using 3D models. Animal Crossing looks great, better than the Wii version. Well... that's about it.

Animator

All the games except mgs3 and resident evil looked like ass imo. I would call it underpowered but clearly it can pull off kick ass visuals judging from mgs alone, I guess it will be up to the devs to tap the power.

Looking at SF4's passive game features (Automated fights with other people with the game)
makes me wonder If theres a system so I can save part of the game onto the 3DS so I could have multiple games on Passive mode at the same time.

Kard8p3

DennisK4 said:
RE games and Metal Gear look great.....the rest look like DS games :(

When was the last time you saw DS 3D graphics? Even the worst looking games in that video looked better than DS games.

guys didnt you check the 3SD spec thread? what was revealed there looks pretty inline what has been shown here.

BioHazard games looked great, as well as Metal Gear and Animal Crossing!

Medusa looked great there, and OMG Paper Mario <3

But the rest looked underwhelming.

BLagiver

Banned
It looks ok but i'm tired of the RE series, I have both street fighters already, and i'm not replaying N64 games. I want to see more New Paper Mario, Pikmin, and Mega Man Legends 3. If this is all the launch titles then paper Mario and Pokemon black ds is all ill be playing for a while.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:

It's not true for DS. Ridge Racer DS was really pretty damn wretched. I think Namco just hates Nintendo hardware.

Sloane

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
When was the last time you saw DS 3D graphics? Even the worst looking games in that video looked better than DS games.
Still, most of the games are nowhere near GC level and some look even worse than most PSP games, in my opinion. It's just odd that MGS, RE and Animal Crossing look that good so the 3DS seems to be capable of more...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sloane said:
Still, most of the games are nowhere near GC level and some look even worse than most PSP games, in my opinion. It's just odd that MGS, RE and Animal Crossing look that good so the 3DS seems to be capable of more...

So every launch game now has to look like a 360 game ? Its a friggin handheld.... Paper Mario looks better than most games and doesnt really use the 3ds extra power - who cares.....

just because the power is there it doesnt mean that every game will look like resident evil...you have reall high expectactions for launch titles imo. And we didnt saw any of those titles in 3D which is like...a pretty important feature of the system.

duckroll

I'm more curious as to what Chocobo Racing 3D really is. From the gameplay footage shown, it's nothing like the previous Chocobo Racing games, and it isn't a mascot party racing game either. It looks like an action RPG or something, where you ride a chocobo and can get off the chocobo as well and slash enemies. Weiiiiiiiiiird.

Dennis

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
OK maybe I exagerated a tiny bit but still.....quite disappointing visuals for brand new tech. The potential is there as the REs shows....

Expecting games that look way beyond DS is not unreasonable.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Scrow said:
many of the other games showcased demonstrate that the 3DS has fairly impressive performance for a handheld. why judge it's capabilities on one of the games shown when there were multiple examples of games that look great.

Hmm. I got the feeling it was sub-PSP but with fancy shading on a couple of games (fur on nintendogs, shiny on biohazard)

Tiny bit meh (bear in mind that platform will be there for 4-5 years), but as always its the games that count. Hopefully PSP2 will tickle my graphics prostate.

Sloane

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
So every launch game now has to look like a 360 game ?
Where did I write that? I hadn't even compared it to 360 games (why would I) but to GC and PSP games. High expectations? Well, I certainly expect especially a first party game like Mario Kart to look much better than this, yes.

Jonnyram said:

So yeah, this footage of 3DS Ridge looks worse than the PSP launch title...

Res Evil and Snake Eater look pretty good.

Top Bottom