• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Game Footage Video Reel

Flying_Phoenix said:
Not to be a buzz kill, but the only games I've seen that I'm interested in so far are Paper Mario, Megaman Legends 3, Kid Icarus, and maybe the Resident Evil duo.

Everything else seems to suffer from "early life cycle" syndrome. And to be fair we haven't even seen Megaman Legends 3 yet for obvious reasons so I'm not even sure if I should count it.

Five announced titles before the thing even launches isn't bad at all. Why would that be a buzzkill?

I'm interested in Kid Icarus, Steel Diver, Mario Kart, RE: Revelations, and maybe a couple others. Lots of 3DportS, but the promise and potential for good software is there.

EatChildren said:
What list?
There was a list a bit back, I think it was from Famitsu that just showed some games coming out for 3DS. Someone posted it here, I forget which topic it was though. Nothing you don't know most likely though.

ILikeFeet

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
There was a list a bit back, I think it was from Famitsu that just showed some games coming out for 3DS. Someone posted it here, I forget which topic it was though. Nothing you don't know most likely though.
Except HM was announced at E3. So the listing doesn't mean anything

Sorry for this forthcoming abrupt topic change, but I just wanted to say that I think the "home consoles are fucked" rhetoric will be this generation's "DS won't be able to compete with PSP" or "Playstation won't be able to take any of nintendo's market." It seems to be the claim that the most people are saying with so few people refuting and I think, when we look back in a few years, we'll see that they co-exist pretty easily.

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Sorry for this forthcoming abrupt topic change, but I just wanted to say that I think the "home consoles are fucked" rhetoric will be this generation's "DS won't be able to compete with PSP" or "Playstation won't be able to take any of nintendo's market." It seems to be the claim that the most people are saying with so few people refuting and I think, when we look back in a few years, we'll see that they co-exist pretty easily.

As great and convenient as the portables are, people are always going to want to play games "the way they are meant to be played"(not my quote) for various and obvious reasons.

With that said though, if they release a Castlevania on the 3DS, I'm done with console gaming for good.

OrangeGrayBlue said:
It's obvious hyperbole.

But there is a growing concern all console makers should have over where the line between handheld and console gaming lies.

One will never completely take over the other, but they're all still competing for the same dollars, and if handhelds keep getting bigger, that means less money for consoles.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
OrangeGrayBlue said:
Not in Japan.

btw, the post you're referring to was half a joke, half honesty. Just saying.

Our sole 3DS game in Famitsu this week is oddly Marvelous' Animal Resort.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/121/G012157/20100929079/

It's developed by AQ, no idea which of their three formerly individualized teams (Artoon, Cavia, and feelplus) is mainly behind it though. Maybe they just put whatever employees from each together on whatever, completely united I guess.

My bets are on the Artoon side anyway, fits their style most.

rpmurphy

Might as well put it here since the conference topic's been locked too:

Conference Q&A in English:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/100929qa/index.html

Full quote on the pricing deal:
About your second question of the price point, you indicated your concern that it is more expensive than Wii. Portable video game machines integrate both a gaming device and a screen. You do not need any other hardware devices to be connected in order for you to play with it. We do not think, "the price relationship between portable devices and home consoles must stay intact simply because it used to be that way." While it is always better for the price to be as accessible as possible, in terms of its cost, and in order to make a healthy and sustainable business for both the hardware and the software, and given the positive reactions since E3, which give us the indication on how the public are likely to appreciate the value of Nintendo 3DS if they can have hands-on experiences and, above all, by taking other factors into careful consideration, we have concluded that we should propose this price point to our consumers.

Hey mods, since two of the three has been banned, is it safe to post a new general 3DS thread yet? :p

Just for fun, I grabbed those Monster Hunter Frontier PC Benchmark shots, and scaled them down to 3DS res.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/MonsterHunter3DSFAKE#

These are FAKE, just letting you know. :p

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

In my opinion, the first few shots remind me of MGS3D, and with Capcom's crazy MT Framework Mobile engine, I think they just may pull off something like this, not exactly the same, but something pretty damn close. Look at Revelations as another example of course.

What do you think?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
They look great. The MGS3D comparison is pretty spot on for some of the shots.

Might wanna put a watermark on 'em tho. Never know where Kotaku is lurking.

Serenade said:
They look great. The MGS3D comparison is pretty spot on for some of the shots.

Might wanna put a watermark on 'em tho. Never know where Kotaku is lurking.

They're even that stupid to ignore the FAKE notice on the post AND my album?

I'M stupid for questioning that! XD

Plus, I hate watermarks, I make it a point to not slap one on stuff I put up. :/

A.CHAP

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
These are FAKE, just letting you know. :p

In my opinion, the first few shots remind me of MGS3D, and with Capcom's crazy MT Framework Mobile engine, I think they just may pull off something like this, not exactly the same, but something pretty damn close. Look at Revelations as another example of course.

What do you think?

Damn you! I clicked "go to last post" then scrolled up, saw the screenshots and jizzed before reading the fake bit.

Matt said:
Very well done GT.

My one complaint is him saying how it matches last gen visuals, for its best games (Capcom's, MGS3D), I'd have to say... no, they're pretty damn current gen looking.

A.CHAP said:
Damn you! I clicked "go to last post" then scrolled up, saw the screenshots and jizzed before reading the fake bit.

Notices work!

I hate misleading folks, and being mislead by others, I try making the truth obvious, I don't fake announcements.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
A.CHAP said:
I did the same thing. :lol Those are beautiful. Hopefully Capcom can do something close.

Gravijah said:
You gotta make us a Harvest Moon appreciation thread sometime since no one ever makes OTs. Then we'll come out of hiding!

Looks like I missed out on the HM love. I used to have a HM avatar, I LOVE the series. But they started making boatloads of slightly improved or slightly worse games and the series became a bit over saturated. I used to buy/have almost every HM game until a few years ago when they announced/release a shit ton of them.

I really hope HM3DS will be the game that takes ALL the good ideas from all the games and puts them together, without taking a step back. Its like if they put pigs in one game (just an example) they should be in all the following too.

Top Bottom