• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi - Man On the Moon II |OT| Thread of Driving Drunk, Doin Our Thang

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
aW3TC.jpg

Man on the Moon II: November 9th, 2010

Staff: Kid Cudi, Kanye West (exec.), Emile, Jim Jonsin Plain Pat (co-exec.), Ratatat, Dot da Genius, Jeff Bhasker, The Neptunes, Rashad "Ringo" Smith, No I.D.

The newest album is right around the corner and we've got some fantastic releases from it already.

I Do My Thing feat. Snoop Dogg
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xci37t_kid-cudi-i-do-my-thing-2010_music

Erase Me feat. Kanye West (Official Video - Hilarious!)
Kid Cudi as Jimmy Hendrix
Christopher Mintz-Plasse - Drummer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICaTsTkBPV8

There have been plenty of songs that have been released already. The following have been confirmed:

* "REVOFEV" (produced by Plain Pat)
* "Mr. Rager" (produced by Kanye West)
* "Erase Me" (featuring Kanye West, produced by Jim Jonsin)
* "I Do My Thing" (featuring Snoop Dogg, produced by Rashad "Ringo" Smith)
* "Mojo So Dope" (produced by Emile)
* "Ghost" (produced by Emile)
* "Trapped In My Mind"
* "Do You Get It"
* "Dangerous"
* "Maniac" (featuring Cage)

Dangerous and Maniac are great songs. Hopefully we get more along those lines, and less along the lines of Erase Me. Ugh.

AlphaSnake

Pinko Marx said:
Dangerous and Maniac are great songs. Hopefully we get more along those lines, and less along the lines of Erase Me. Ugh.

Aww hell nah! Erase Me is good stuff. Maybe not brilliant thematically, but appealing and catchy as hell.

Ephemeris

Loved the first album. The singles for this one haven't grabbed me like the first did, but still I have faith.

McNei1y

Ephemeris said:
Loved the first album. The singles for this one haven't grabbed me like the first did, but still I have faith.

Man on the Moon is so good. Every song on that album could be played on the radio equally.

Maniac is a solid song.

Tokubetsu

Can't wait for another two weeks of haze, zoning out and some Cudi. Maniac and Mr. Rager are my jams.

EDIT: Just realized this drops the same week as Black Ops? Oh yes! I will be smoking loudly. :lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Leaks so far have been very underwhelming for the most part. I still have faith though, MOTM was my favorite album last year.
Cudi is a twat though.

Hootie

Cudi was at the University of Rhode Island on Tuesday....all of my friends got to see him but I was stuck up at Boston U...lucky fuckers ;_;

Either way this new album is going to be so sick. "Mojo So Dope", "Do You Get It", and "I Do My Thing" are so, so good. Mind-alteringly good while high.

AlphaSnake

siddx said:
Leaks so far have been very underwhelming for the most part. I still have faith though, MOTM was my favorite album last year.
Cudi is a twat though.

What? He seems chill as hell!

The only questionable thing he did was snuff some fan at a concert due to a misunderstanding.

AlphaSnake said:
What? He seems chill as hell!

The only questionable thing he did was snuff some fan at a concert due to a misunderstanding.

Not to mention get busted for ripping a girl's door off in an apartment building and found with a vial of coke on his person.

NYR

Kid Kudi is such a douche, hate that I like his music so much.

Here is hoping for less emo this album....YEAH, I SAID IT!

NYR said:
Kid Kudi is such a douche, hate that I like his music so much.

Here is hoping for less emo this album....YEAH, I SAID IT!

The last album was full of dream sequences, Kid Cudi has gone on to say that this new album, titled "Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager" is to be a description of his recent real life turmoils. His bouts with cocaine that he supposedly stopped doing. Birth of his daughter. Punching that fan. Etc. I doubt it will be any less emotion driven than his last album, maybe it's more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The first album sounds so much more inspired and better than all the leaks and singles I've heard. Not feeling many of these songs =/ First album was so cohesive, this all sounds a lot more depressing and subdued it seems.

nyprimus2

enzo_gt said:
The first album sounds so much more inspired and better than all the leaks and singles I've heard. Not feeling many of these songs =/ First album was so cohesive, this all sounds a lot more depressing and subdued it seems.

enzo_gt said:
I feel the same way. I'm hoping that there will be some hidden gems.

Tokubetsu

spindashing said:
I feel the same way. I'm hoping that there will be some hidden gems.

I don't care for Erase Me too much but I'm buying based off of how much I love Mr. Rager and Maniac. That and Cudi is one of the few mainstream acts I actually enjoy/willing to support.

charsace

Anyone know what brand the jacket is that Cuddy has on and what type of levi's he's wearing? Used to seeing him in APC denim.

Swag

Loved the first album, haven't listened to many of the songs on this one yet, other then Erase Me, which sounded good.

Will be picking this up, November gonna be an amazing month for Hip Hop!

Recon

Banned
Going to see Cudi in a couple hours. Hopefully he doesn't do too much new shit, should be fun regardless.

this guy

Pinko Marx said:
Where did you get leaks of these songs? I haven't heard them yet.

I'm really hoping that the rest of the songs on the album are more in vein to Man on the Moon I. I thought that album was great, but so far all of the songs I've heard off of his sophomore effort have been underwhelming. Anything similar in style to CuDi Zone and Pursuit of Happiness would be great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this guy said:
Where did you get leaks of these songs? I haven't heard them yet.

I'm really hoping that the rest of the songs on the album are more in vein to Man on the Moon I. I thought that album was great, but so far all of the songs I've heard off of his sophomore effort have been underwhelming. Anything similar in style to CuDi Zone and Pursuit of Happiness would be great.
Maybe I dislike these songs because my favourites from MotM1 are CuDi Zone, Up Up and Away and Alive.

As for A KiD Named CuDi, the songs I enjoy the most are quite the opposite, the ones heavily centred around lyrics, Man on the Moon, and The Prayer. Embrace the Martian takes the cake for me though, damn that song is so good.

Recon

Banned
Ughh..waiting for cudi to start. Chip da ripper opened for him, but cudi is sure taking his sweet time getting to the stage .

yencid

she said i dont spend time like i reaalllyy shhooulld!

cant wait, going to make some avatars in commemoration :D

EDIT:

rj46f8.gif
25zksq9.gif
2s6lfug.gif
25gtlqu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom