• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi - Man On the Moon II |OT| Thread of Driving Drunk, Doin Our Thang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So what has cudi been up to since his album release? Seems he was out and about before it came out, now hes ghost.

Filming the tv show I suppose?

Bad_Boy said:
So what has cudi been up to since his album release? Seems he was out and about before it came out, now hes ghost.

Filming the tv show I suppose?

Filming the music video to MANIAC with Cage, directed by Shia LeBeouf.

Bad_Boy said:
not sure if serious. :lol

Maniac-450x337.jpg

Cage is actually good friends with Shia and Shia directed a music video of Cage's awhile back.

Messi

I just wanted to drop in here to say, I heard my brother raving about kid cudi and he downloaded this album on my itunes so I gave it a spin and wow... cudi is pretty damn amazing. I don't even know how to explain it. He has this amazing way of feeling different on most songs. I just love 'All Along' also I know the song 'Erase Me' is not popular but I love it. Kanye is great in it.

Messi said:
I just wanted to drop in here to say, I heard my brother raving about kid cudi and he downloaded this album on my itunes so I gave it a spin and wow... cudi is pretty damn amazing. I don't even know how to explain it. He has this amazing way of feeling different on most songs. I just love 'All Along' also I know the song 'Erase Me' is not popular but I love it. Kanye is great in it.

My sentiments exactly.

This album gets rotated regularly on my iPod. I think it gets more play than Kanye's album...

No word on when the MANIAC video will drop. I guess I'll keep you guys posted if someone else doesn't. :lol

Oz4Wg.jpg

(Not feeling the moustache look, though.)
Promised to keep things up to date, so here's some stuff.

- Cudi's going to be featured on Travis Barker's upcoming album entitled "Give the Drummer Some" on a track named "Cool Head." The album will come out on March 15th of this year. Click here for album art.

- Cudi returned to twitter. @wizardcud

- Yes, Kid Cudi and Dot Da Genius will team up to create Cudi's next ROCK album entitled "Wizard." Yes, rock. He gave this news last year saying that it would only have rock tracks and no usual Cudi rap. They're pushing for a summer release of the Wizard album.

- Along with "Wizard", Kid Cudi will release a mixtape entitled "A Man Named Scott." This is good news for fans that thought he would ditch rap/his usual thing altogether for a new sound. Cudi said this mixtape would be for his fans because the Wizard album will be rock. Plus it's free, lol. The rap mixtape is also slated for the summer.

- The MANIAC video is still being filmed, directed by Shia LaBeouf to be released later this year.

- I was skeptical about it, but Cudi is still slated to be on the new upcoming season of How To Make It In America. Filming begins in March and the season will be on TV during the Summer. Here is the thread dedicated to the first season, if you're interested.

- Also, he is doing work for Jay-Z and Kanye's upcoming work, Watch the Throne.

- Apparently the lame assed beef between Wale and Cudi is gone? Wale's twitter was hacked and the hacker posted shit on Cudi's twitter saying stuff like "Kudi" is a cokehead and a freemason. Wale cleared it up on twitter with:

"Ha.. Hackers imma get u. Don't worry bout it”

"Y'all know lady gaga always returns my calls . Lol and rapradar.com is fam... Cudi... He cool... Back to y'all day . Bye"

Hmm.. =)

And that's it for now. Expect more on Wizard News...

Cudi's twitter said:
@awe5ome718 dior dior dior i love the CUT

-_____-

Also, why after raging at twitter (like Kanye once did) did Cudi return?

Cudi's twitter said:
i really only got back on twitter becuz i heard will smith tweeted about a fresh prince reunion and i wanted to post my response to that...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuuuuuuuuck!

I didn't know Cudi was involved with Barkers album. Hype is back up to a thousand!
And a Rock album eh? I wonder who's doing that with him (just ask Travis :D)

The dude has a full plate. I want it all now.

wenis said:
Fuuuuuuuuck!

I didn't know Cudi was involved with Barkers album. Hype is back up to a thousand!
And a Rock album eh? I wonder who's doing that with him (just ask Travis :D)

The dude has a full plate. I want it all now.

Barkers' album will also include The Clipse, The Game, Swizz Beats, Lil Wayne, and Officer Rick--Rick Ross. The Clipse alone made me hype for the album.

Yeah, as far as the Rock album, I'm not sure who he'll feature, but I bet Travis is a shoe-in at this point. I'm pretty wary about it -- I did not like Lil' Wayne's experimental rock album, I did not like Lupe Fiasco's faux-British accented rock album nor did I ever like Mos Def being experimental in general (lol). I mean those guys are not Cudi and are different, but I'm still skeptical. If it sounds too poppy a la Erase Me, count me out.

wenis

I think Cudi hasn proven up to this point to be pretty aware of the (indie) Rock spectrum that he could drum up some guest musicians and a decent writer (if need be), so we won't have another Lil' Wayne situation brewing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even CuDi said he didn't like the CDDF verse haha.

Still, pumped for a mixtape. I really want MotM3 though.. been listening a lot to MotM1 recently.

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
Barkers' album will also include The Clipse, The Game, Swizz Beats, Lil Wayne, and Officer Rick--Rick Ross. The Clipse alone made me hype for the album.

Yeah, as far as the Rock album, I'm not sure who he'll feature, but I bet Travis is a shoe-in at this point. I'm pretty wary about it -- I did not like Lil' Wayne's experimental rock album, I did not like Lupe Fiasco's faux-British accented rock album nor did I ever like Mos Def being experimental in general (lol). I mean those guys are not Cudi and are different, but I'm still skeptical. If it sounds too poppy a la Erase Me, count me out.
Yeah I'm beyond skeptical, theres no way this ends up being good. And yeah, I definitely think its gonna be Erase Me the Album but well see

wenis said:
I think Cudi has proven up to this point to be pretty aware of the (indie) Rock spectrum that he could drum up some guest musicians and a decent writer (if need be), so we won't have another Lil' Wayne situation brewing.

You're right, actually. Cudi's big on the indies, so maybe there's hope. But like peterb0y said, deep down I feel that there's no way it ends up being good. I mean, Cudi's style is alternative in general so it may not be so bad hearing a rock album but the cards are kind of against him at this point.

I'm only assuming. We haven't heard a thing from the album so it could be crazy good.

@enzo, I'd like a Man on the Moon III too, but then again the Man on the Moon series is a trilogy so I'll be saddened that it will be the last one. =( I liked a Kid Named Cudi and if this mixtape is anything like that then I'll be happy.

wenis

I don't think Cudi will ever not be a rapper, but he's definitely someone who likes to think outside of the box when it comes to hip-hop and now rock it seems.

I look forward to his Animal Collective/Kid Cui album split.

- According to Cudi's twitter, MANIAC won't be the only track getting a music video. Marijuana, Maniac and Mr. Rager are getting short films as well. The MANIAC short film will be released on Halloween, Mr. Rager this summer and Marijuana some time this spring. It's a long wait for some of these, but I'm sure we'll get some Cudi material inbetween that time to keep us busy. Marijuana and MANIAC will be directed by Shia and Mr. Rager will be directed by Jeremie Rozan of Surface 2 Air.

- Cudi and Wale officially squashed that really really really stupid beef they had, so we may see some more material between the two of them.

- Here is a snippet of the Cudi featured track on Travis Barker's upcoming album. The track is called Cool Head and it sounds dope already.

Both MotM 1 and 2 are amazing albums and I still listen to them and his mixtapes all the time. I really liked the 2nd one even though I know alot of people were down on it.

What is this about no MotM 3? Noooooo.

SteveWinwood said:
Both MotM 1 and 2 are amazing albums and I still listen to them and his mixtapes all the time. I really liked the 2nd one even though I know alot of people were down on it.

What is this about no MotM 3? Noooooo.

No, there will be a Man on the Moon III. The 3rd is the last one in the MotM trilogy. It's just that the next album will not be a MotM but a rock album entitled Wizard.

spindashing said:
No, there will be a Man on the Moon III. The 3rd is the last one in the MotM trilogy. It's just that the next album will not be a MotM but a rock album entitled Wizard.
Awesome. I never thought my reading comprehension could be so bad. But after reading back up we get a new mixtape this summer so I can still get my cudder rap on!

Swag

Video for Mr Rager just came out, and it's pretty awesome. I really like the direction he took the videos for this album, Mojo so Dope, and the video for Maniac should be really good.

Kanye at 4:24?

Hootie

No more mixtape...but at least we'll get another rap album after his rock bullshit is over with

Oh and the video is pretty cool

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Cool video. He remixed the song as well to sound more dreamy and atmospheric.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck I thought Cudi dropped somthing new.... bump fail.
Bump fail indeed..

MotM2 isn't a classic though, nowhere close. MotM1 is something I would certainly put up against other albums agreed on as classics. Nothing else like it.

Hootie

MOTM is most definitely a classic in my eyes. I still rock that shit all the time.

MOTM2...not so much. I LOVE some of the songs (Mojo So Dope and Mr. Rager in particular), but as a whole its a big downgrade from the first album.

And yeah wtf, I was expecting some news with the bump.

CRS

God damn it.

MotM 1 - Classic in every sense of the word.

MotM 2 - Not so much. Still a great album though.

Mr. Rager is an amazing song and one of my favorites of his.

nns3d

I wasn't a fan of either End of Day or Mr. Rager. Did he ever drop a video for MANIC though? That was probably one of my favorite songs off of MotM 2.

I might be the only one who likes MOTM2 better than MOTM1.

Both are fantastic tho so it's like only one > in the equation.

Then again...I seriously don't think he's put out anything I haven't found a way to like.

Everyone hates Perfect is the Word...I got like 45 plays on my itunes.

I think I need help.

Recon

Banned
Knux-Future said:

Then again...I seriously don't think he's put out anything I haven't found a way to like.

I think I need help.

I found Perfect Is the Word akin to Ear rape. Im a huge Fan of his mixtape and debut. Found some play from MOTM2. I detest Perfect Is the Word. Shit, im even fan of Cudi on TV.

Knux-Future said:

I think I need help.
Nope.

ReconYoda said:
I found Perfect Is the Word akin to Ear rape. Im a huge Fan of his mixtape and debut. Found some play from MOTM2. I detest Perfect Is the Word. Shit, im even fan of Cudi on TV.

Dude i cannot even explain why I like the song.

That how I know it's weird and yet I never skip it when it comes on shuffle mode.

lol. Im an easy to please apparently

I forgot this thread existed. I posted it in GAF-Hop.

Minus points:
- Bad French.
- Cheesy dialogue.
- No MANIAC song. But it was intended to be a minimovie.

Plus points:
- Dead Shia.
- Some nice camera work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom