• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi's debut album of Man on the Moon: The End of Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And people wonder if Kanye's career is over. :lol

If he can keep putting people like Kid Cudi on he has nothing to worry about. Can't wait to listen to the album.

Ashhong

Acid08 said:
Amazon keeps giving me fucking errors when I try to purchase.

:(

question about these sales. do these cheap prices affect the artists compensation? or is that all predetermined beforehand?

SUPREME1

Banned
Acid08 said:
Amazon keeps giving me fucking errors when I try to purchase.

Me too.

I also tried to download the new Raekwon and got the same problem.

Come on Amazon. You better have the same price tomorrow.

Mister E

so i just bought the deluxe edition from best buy but there were no bonus songs. there's even a sticker on the front that says includes 3 bonus songs. anyone know anything about this

Ashhong

Mister E said:
so i just bought the deluxe edition from best buy but there were no bonus songs. there's even a sticker on the front that says includes 3 bonus songs. anyone know anything about this

only 15 tracks? thats odd..maybe check the dvd for some stupid reason?

Acid08

Banned
ImperialConquest said:
Me too.

I also tried to download the new Raekwon and got the same problem.

Come on Amazon. You better have the same price tomorrow.
It just went through for me. Keep trying, I bet their system is getting hammered right now.

Bowser

exarkun said:
Uhhh some (6 songs?) have been on either on his or yeezy's mixtapes leading up to this. Really like it but kind of wish it was all new ish. I probably should have not have listened to so many of his mixtapes before getting the CD.

Uh no? Everything besides Day n Nite and Make Her Say is new material.

Mister E

Ashhong said:
only 15 tracks? thats odd..maybe check the dvd for some stupid reason?

ya only 15 tracks. no songs on the dvd and i let track 15 play out to see if there was anything after but there's nothing. seems like universal fucked up, but hopefully they'll fix it somehow

SleazyC

Got this at work today and listened to it 3 times. This is going to be on repeat for the rest of the week but I think Cudi nailed it and made a really amazing album.

Ashhong

Bowser said:
Uh no? Everything besides Day n Nite and Make Her Say is new material.

i think Kid Named Cudi had like a live, in no way complete, version of Pursuit of Happiness. if he counts that as "old material" then :lol

outsidah

Amazon just posted that the manufacturer made an error and no bonus tracks were included. They said they are working on something to make it right :(

There were some radio rips/unfinished versions of a number of songs floating around, but only Day 'n' Nite and Make Her Say were released previously.

It sucks "The Prayer" didn't make it on there. Favorite Cudi track.

Tokubetsu

I liked the album already but the more I listen to it, the more I love it. I still wouldn't put it AOTY but it's easily in my top 5/3 for this year.

NeoZylom

Hmmm. Kinda like this album, but I was thinking it would be more "rythmic" like Day 'N Nite.

Make Her Say, Day'N'Nite and Enter Galactic are my favorites.

Oh, also like Pursuit of Happiness and Simple as :)

And talking about Day N Nite, Crookers remix is better

Ashhong

outsidah said:
Amazon just posted that the manufacturer made an error and no bonus tracks were included. They said they are working on something to make it right :(

damn that sucks. i was thinking of ordering it too. i wonder if this error is in all stores then?

exarkun

Ashhong said:
i think Kid Named Cudi had like a live, in no way complete, version of Pursuit of Happiness. if he counts that as "old material" then :lol

Eh saw him in houston at the house of blues. He did do pursuit of happiness, solo dolo, sky might fall (Uhh Transformers 2 soundtrack). I had to literally buy a mixtape so I could have those songs. And I have all three on my computer plus Day and Poker her. I am a big fan. So it was five. Still love the album, I was just saying.

For a concept rap album it is very cohesive and and flows sonically from one to another when within the sections. The one that sticks out the most and wish he had just left as part of a mixtape was Poke Her Face. The second I heard it, it felt out of place. Especially sandwiched between cudi zone and pursuit (the best two productions on the cd?) which both thave more personal meaning than Poke (though if he replaced that song then I would wish Common would be on another song since I love him so much).

I understand why he kept it (commercial reasons) but my only gripe is that if Sky Might Fall and Day N' Nite could be used for commercial reasons then maybe leave that one out? Or replace it with something else?

Mister E said:

This. Does anyone know what's up with that? I'm glad I kept my receipt...

Ashhong

Liquidus said:
I got the Deluxe edition and there is no mention of any bonus tracks.

well thats odd. there should be some. they even admitted there was a mistake

wtf, kid cudi deleted his twitter =(

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Ashhong said:
well thats odd. there should be some. they even admitted there was a mistake

wtf, kid cudi deleted his twitter =(

Either way I already have the those songs so no biggie. I can't put this CD down. Soundtrack 2 my life is awesome.

Dizzle24

I was hoping "Man on the Moon" was going to be on the album. WTF? That's my favorite song of his so far. Bought the album this afternoon and it's not there!

Only listened once so far, but it's good. It's one of those albums where you either like it, or you don't get it. It takes a few listens to get a feel for it.

Tokubetsu

Dizzle24 said:
I was hoping "Man on the Moon" was going to be on the album. WTF? That's my favorite song of his so far. Bought the album this afternoon and it's not there!

Only listened once so far, but it's good. It's one of those albums where you either like it, or you don't get it. It takes a few listens to get a feel for it.

It's getting better and better with each listens. God damn are the Ratatat tracks great, like holy fucking shit great and it's not even pursuit of happiness that has got me all funny. Don't get me wrong, its a great track but Alive just as something about it that makes it perfect.

outsidah

Still going strong... can't pick a favorite anymore.

No news on what they are going to do to fix the missing song situation from the Deluxe though

Tokubetsu

outsidah said:

No news on what they are going to do to fix the missing song situation from the Deluxe though

IT's funny because I literally ordered it a couple hours before this news broke out. It's whatever, I mainly just wanted the dvd and a phsyical copy for my FLAC rip. <3

Anyone know of a vinyl release?

saiftk

Banned
Lot of good music on the album

Day N night
Sky might fall
Enter galactic
Alive
CuDi Zone
Make Her Say
Pursuit of Happiness.

Good Stuff. I like this album much better than The Blueprint 3...

Tokubetsu

I may just be thinking about the album too much but I definitely feel like the art hints at the Ghost and The Machine album a lot. Especially the deluxe version and the back of the booklet.

outsidah

Sharp said:
I'm not really much of a hip hop fan but this album is pretty awesome.
I wouldn't consider this a straight up hiphop album. Artists like Cudi are branching off into a new type of sub genre IMHO

Ovid

My favs (so far):
Soundtrack 2 My Life
My World
Alive

I also like Make Her Say (aka Poke Her Face), Day 'N' Nite and Sky Might Fall. These songs don't count on my favs list b/c they were already released on his mixtapes.

I wish there were more uptempo songs on the album like Maui Wowie

outsidah said:
I wouldn't consider this a straight up hiphop album. Artists like Cudi are branching off into a new type of sub genre IMHO
I agree. This is definitely not what you would call traditional hip hop.

Tokubetsu

Just imagining a video for "alive" makes me crazy. I really hope he picks it as a single. If I hear it while out, I will flip the fuck out.

MercuryLS

Banned
I think the next single off this album will be Pursuit of Happiness. I hope Alive is a single too.

Ratatat are amazing, after listening to this album I went ahead and bought their albums and downloaded their mixtapes. Really fucking talented, I hope the blow up as producers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
outsidah said:

Agreed. My favourite hip-hop album of the year so far, partly because I did not think CuDi would deliver. And he did. At first my favourite was Soundtrack 2 My Life, then Up, Up & Away, then Mr. Solo Dolo, then Simple As.. and right now its CuDi Zone.

I'm amazed this album is so good, even as CuDi fan. Good on you CuDi, I hope this album does good numbers. Hoping he outsells Asher Roth at least. Can't WAIT for Ghost and the Machine.

Only dislikes are that Hyyer isn't that good, and In my dreams doesn't have much replay value for me. And Sky Might Fall was better without the 3rd "verse."

Ashhong

Tokubetsu said:
Just imagining a video for "alive" makes me crazy. I really hope he picks it as a single. If I hear it while out, I will flip the fuck out.

After Pursuit hes going to do Solo Dolo. dont know how many singles hes going to put out, but Alive is definitely a solid choice.

Amazon took out the deluxe edition. is this because they just dont sell deluxe editions after its release or because of the missing bonus tracks?

Sharp

Ashhong said:
After Pursuit hes going to do Solo Dolo. dont know how many singles hes going to put out, but Alive is definitely a solid choice.

Amazon took out the deluxe edition. is this because they just dont sell deluxe editions after its release or because of the missing bonus tracks?
Almost certainly the latter, there were people complaining about it I believe.

I don't normally like whatever Kid Cudi would be classified as, but I took a chance since it was $4 on Amazon. Out of the few tracks I've heard so far, I'm loving it. "Cudi Zone" and "Pursuit of Happiness" are both amazing.

Ovid

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I don't normally like whatever Kid Cudi would be classified as, but I took a chance since it was $4 on Amazon. Out of the few tracks I've heard so far, I'm loving it. "Cudi Zone" and "Pursuit of Happiness" are both amazing.
Cudi Zone.

Just recently started to like this song.

Ashhong

RefigeKru said:
Soundtrack to my Life is AMAZING.

The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom. <--- Love this part.

Once upon a time nobody gave a fuck
its all said and done and my cocks been sucked

songs pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom