• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi's debut album of Man on the Moon: The End of Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimiss

Bishman said:
I've listened to his album 4 times and simply can't get into it. The production is amazing but I can't get into the songs because Kid Cudi can't rap.

I feel just opposite. A few of the tracks are really good but the majority feel like the production and his vocals are mismatched. They just don't gel. Which sucks because I really like Cudi and could not wait for this to come out. Maybe it will grow on me.

Ashhong

Revelations said:
I think its track 13. Nit sure though...its pretty good.

track 13 is Pursuit of Happiness. Is There Any Love isnt on the album, its from A Kid Named Cudi mixtape, unless its on the deluxe edition as a bonus track, which i think it may be.

optimiss said:
I feel just opposite. A few of the tracks are really good but the majority feel like the production and his vocals are mismatched. They just don't gel. Which sucks because I really like Cudi and could not wait for this to come out. Maybe it will grow on me.

i feel exact opposite from both of you, as you can probably guess from my constant posting in here. i think the beat is perfectly tailored to his vocals, absolutely perfect.

Epcott

It's strange, but I actually enjoy this album... I find myself listening to this more than anything else lately.

Weird

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Album of the Year for me so far. New and fresh all around. Somehow Pursuit of Happiness isn't in my top 5.

Haters incoming.

Bowser

enzo_gt said:
Album of the Year for me so far. New and fresh all around. Somehow Pursuit of Happiness isn't in my top 5.

Haters incoming.

...whaaaaaaat?

My top 5:

1. Soundtrack 2 My Life
2. Pursuit Of Happiness
3. CuDi Zone
4. Simple As...
5. Sky Might Fall

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
optimiss said:
Does anyone know where to find some acapella tracks for the album? I wanna try my hand at remixing a few.

Keep your head around here. I'm hoping to hear back from someone soon about those.

Ashhong

hm, dont know about the order, buy my top 5 would have to be

Pursuit of Happiness
Up Up & Away
Heart Of A Lion
Soundtrack 2 My Life
Simple As

Ashhong said:
track 13 is Pursuit of Happiness. Is There Any Love isnt on the album, its from A Kid Named Cudi mixtape, unless its on the deluxe edition as a bonus track, which i think it may be.

i feel exact opposite from both of you, as you can probably guess from my constant posting in here. i think the beat is perfectly tailored to his vocals, absolutely perfect.

yeah Is there Any Love i on the deluxe edition. So good...

Favorites tracks on the album which get repeated plays:

1. Cudi Zone
2. Pursuit of Happiness
3. Enter Galactic
4. Simple As...
5. Soundtrack to my Life
6. Alive
7. Up Up & Away
8. Is there any Love
9. I Make her say
10. Heart of a Lion
11. Sky Might Fall (forgot this one - has kanye beat written all over it literally)

Dynamic3

Fuck, Soundtrack 2 My Life is so good. This cat is so far beyond and different from anyone else it's unreal.

Edit: Up Up & Away is my new favorite song. I have never heard anything like it.

1. Soundtrack 2 My Life
2. Up Up & Away
3. Cudi Zone

outsidah

Top 3 for me:

1) Enter Galactic ( just too damn catch )
2) My World
3) Cudi Zone

Great album. Only track I really don't care for is Hyyer. Maybe it will grow on me

Tokubetsu

Still trying to not listen to the record before retail but I broke down and listened to "Soundtrack 2 My Life." It's been on repeat all day.

Ashhong

Tokubetsu said:
Still trying to not listen to the record before retail but I broke down and listened to "Soundtrack 2 My Life." It's been on repeat all day.

might as well check out Pursuit of Happiness while you're at it...and then the rest of the album =P

nice avatar, no mo gangsta grillz!

Tokubetsu

So I broke down. I got an 8th of some sticky and my soul just needed to hear this shit. The beat in "Soundtrack 2 My Life" hit JUST as I'm exhaling. Perfect. Currently zoning out to "Simple As." God I want this shit on vinyl. Common's narration is fucking perfect. I love this album already. This is My soundtrack.

Tokubetsu

Dark FaZe said:
BP3 > MotM after FINALLY getting a good look at it.

No way bro. I'll give you a couple tracks off BP3 though. Empire is just...brilliant. The beat is bananas and Alicia Keys on the hook was a perfect fit.

KingDirk

So I've had a few listens to digest this, and I've found myself a pretty big fan.

At first I was kind of annoyed with all the indie rock flavor to it--even though I'm a fan of Ratatat and have no qualms with MGMT, it just felt kinda pandering and I didn't even know how I felt about that last song. Granted, "Simple As..." kicked my ass immediately, but I'm a huge Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark fan, Dazzle Ships in particular, so that was more-or-less a given.

But I was fascinated by it nonetheless even through that first listen--it's surprisingly introspective for the most part, and there's clearly a lot of emotion invested in it.

The more I listened to it, the more I became comfortable with the mixed-up genres found, the more I appreciated Cudi's presence, and goddamn some of those beats are amazing.

I'm definitely recommending this to everybody I know when it comes out. It may also be a starting-off point to getting some of my friends into OMD. :D

Tokubetsu

Aljosa said:
No way.

Cuban Linx II beats both of them anyway. :D

Gaf Hop says Cuban Linx II being better than this and BP3 is a given at this point. It's maybe a few notches down from Cuban Linx I but that still leaves it well in the realm of "Classic."

Solo Dolo-
I think I just came. Holy shit, perfect.

Heart of a Lion-
"NO NO NO NO NO NOOO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
This song made me forget to pack again.

My World-
At this point, I forgot to write about each song as they played. I'm at hyerrr right now and I can't understand where the hate is coming from? It doesn't fit the album too well but the it's a great rap song. Makes me want to go put on some Devin or choppped n screwed shit.

Mister E

Tokubetsu said:
So I broke down. I got an 8th of some sticky and my soul just needed to hear this shit. The beat in "Soundtrack 2 My Life" hit JUST as I'm exhaling. Perfect. Currently zoning out to "Simple As." God I want this shit on vinyl. Common's narration is fucking perfect. I love this album already. This is My soundtrack.

This guy's got the right idea. I've been blazing and listening to this album on repeat for the past few days. It may not be a classic cd, but it's gotta be the best smoking music I've ever heard. Cudi Zone is one of my favorite songs of the year but every song is good. Loving this album

outsidah

Mister E said:
This guy's got the right idea. I've been blazing and listening to this album on repeat for the past few days. It may not be a classic cd, but it's gotta be the best smoking music I've ever heard. Cudi Zone is one of my favorite songs of the year but every song is good. Loving this album

Got some Mowie Wowie?

;)

On another note, has anyone seen the Deluxe CD/DVD for sale for cheaper than $11.99 at Amazon using the coupon on this page?

Support Cudi! Make sure you all pickup the CD Tuesday!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eh it's growing on me. This is one album where the discography matters (obviously), so if you're listening to it on shuffle, you're doing it wrong.

Ephemeris

At first glance I was disappointed, until I let it loop during work. Love it.

My faves that weren't singles/leaked before in no specific order (other than tracklist order lol)

Soundtrack 2 My Life.
Solo Dolo
Heart of a Lion <-- prolly my fave
My world

RPS37

I'm in the middle of my first listen right now, but I feel like once Enter Galactic started this CD took a turn for the awesome.

exarkun

Uhhh some (6 songs?) have been on either on his or yeezy's mixtapes leading up to this. Really like it but kind of wish it was all new ish. I probably should have not have listened to so many of his mixtapes before getting the CD.

Ashhong

exarkun said:
Uhhh some (6 songs?) have been on either on his or yeezy's mixtapes leading up to this. Really like it but kind of wish it was all new ish. I probably should have not have listened to so many of his mixtapes before getting the CD.

Day N Nite, Make Her Say, what else?

Zeliard

RPS37 said:
I'm in the middle of my first listen right now, but I feel like once Enter Galactic started this CD took a turn for the awesome.

I like the songs including and after Day 'N Nite. The ones prior to it seem weaker than the rest, which is odd since they start off the album and will give most people their first impression.

Ashhong

Zeliard said:
I like the songs including and after Day 'N Nite. The ones prior to it seem weaker than the rest, which is odd since they start off the album and will give most people their first impression.

dont agree, i would say that Sountrack and Heart of a Lion are some of the best tracks on the album. the first impression i got from Soundtrack was "this is going to be awesome"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom