• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ HERO 2 |OT| Bobby Says Knock You Out

DJ HERO 2: THE THREADSIES

Developer: FreeStyle Games
Publisher: Activision
Genre: Rhythm/Music
ESRB: T
Release Date: 10/19/10 (US), 10/22/10 (UK)
Price: $60 (Game Only), $100 (Turntable Bundle), $150 (Party Bundle)
Platforms: XBOX 360, PS3, Wii

kZ2J9.png

So what's new with DJ HERO 2? Lots.

• 2 Tables 1 Mic: Use two turntables and have a friend sing along to something they've never heard.
• Empire Mode: It's like Word Tour Mode from Rock Band.
• Revamped Multiplayer: New modes include Accumulator, Checkpoints, and Streakers.
• Freestyle: All new Freestyle sections let you change the song, so you feel cool.
• Revamped Online: Now it's all Web 2.0.
• Avatars: Use your avatar in the game on 360 for some reason.

xt5fv.png

DJ HERO 2 also (had) plans to release a steady stream of DLC.

Hit Makers Mix Pack (November 2)
• Usher ft. will.i.am - "OMG" (Remix by FSG)
• Rihanna ft. JAY-Z - "Umbrella" Mixed With Marvin Gaye - "Let's Get It On"
• Big Boi & Cutty - "Shutterbug" Mixed With Mark Morrison - "Return of the Mack"

Electro Hits Mix Pack (November 16th)
• LMFAO - "I'm in Miami Trick" Mixed With Green Velvet - "Shake & Pop"
• Steve Aoki ft. [[[Zuper Blahq]]] - "I'm in the House" (Remix by FSG)
• SMD - "Hustler" Mixed With Technotronic - "Pump Up the Jam"

Tiesto Mix pack (November 30)
• "Traffic" Mixed With "Louder Than Boom"
• "Feel It In My Bones" ft. Tegan & Sara
• "Knock You Out" ft. Emily Haines Mixed With "Young Lions"

Hard Edge Mix Pack (November 30)
• Pixies - "Debaser" Mixed With The Prodigy - "Invaders Must Die"
• Beastie Boys — "Body Movin'" Mixed With Lenny Kravitz - "Rock And Roll Is Dead"

Old Skool Mix Pack (December 14)
• Fat Boys - "Human Beat Box" Mixed With Mantronix - "King of the Beats"
• Tag Team - "Whoomp! (There It Is)" Mixed With 45 King - "The 900 Number"
• Beastie Boys - "Triple Trouble" Mixed With Tone-Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"

Linkin Park Mix Pack (December 21)
• Linkin Park - "The Catalyst (Does It Offend You, Yeah? Remix)" (Remix by FSG)
• Linkin Park - "When They Come For Me" (Diplo Remix)
• Linkin Park - "Pts.of.Athrty"(Remix by FSG)

Trance Anthems (January 18)
• Paul Van Dyk - "For An Angel" Mixed With ATB - "9PM Till I Come"
• Paul Oakenfold ft. Ryan Tedder - "Not Over"
• Ferry Corsten -"Punk" Mixed With Armin Van Buuren - "Imagine"

YxQIk.png

DJ HERO 2 has a number of retailer exclusives. Click to view them. They include:

• Wal-mart: Free DJ Hero 1 with purchase
• Best Buy: Free turntable stand and Deadmau5 unlock code
• Gamestop: Free Puma bag with preorder
• Deadmau5 Online Store: Exclusive Deadmau5 edition
• Tiesto Online Store: Exclusive Tiesto edition

FUeyG.png

DJ HERO 2's song list contains 83 mixes for your scratching delight. And plus, no shitty guitar mixes like DJ HERO 1.

Produced and Mixed by A-Trak:
• Justice - "D.A.N.C.E." Remix
• Naughty By Nature - "O.P.P." Mixed With Jackson 5 - "ABC"

Produced and Mixed by Diplo:
• Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World"
• Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"

Produced and Mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff:
• Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" Mixed With M|A|R|R|S - "Pump Up The Volume"

Produced and Mixed by DJ Qbert:
• DJ Qbert - "Super Battle Breaks" Remix
• Newcleus - "Jam On It" (DJ Qbert vocals) Remix

Produced and Mixed by DJ Shadow:
• Kanye West - "Love Lockdown" Mixed With Metallica - "The Day That Never Comes"
• Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West - "Put On" Mixed With DJ Shadow feat. Q-Tip and Lateef The Truth
• Speaker - "Enuff (DJ Fresh Remix)"

Produced and Mixed by Tiesto:
• Adamski - "Killer" Remix
• Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" Remix

Produced and Mixed by Z-Trip:
• Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock" Mixed With The Crystal Method - "Busy Child (Still Busy After All These Years Remix)"
• Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On" Mixed With Dillinja and Skibadee - "Twist 'Em Out"

Produced and Mixed by RZA:
• Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock" Mixed With Walter Murphy - "A Fifth Of Beethoven"
• LL Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio" Mixed With Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - "The Message"

Produced and Mixed by The Scratch Perverts:
• The Chemical Brothers ft. Q-Tip - "Galvanize" Remix
• The Prodigy - "Omen" Mixed With Orbital - "The Box"

Produced and Mixed by FSG DJs:
• 2Pac ft. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - "California Love Remix" (Remix by FSG)
• 2Pac ft. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - "California Love Remix" Mixed With B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars - "Nothin' On You"
• A-Trak - "Say Whoa" (Remix by FSG)
• Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At" Mixed With Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)"
• BlakRoc ft. Pharoahe Monch & RZA - "Dollaz & Sense" (Remix by FSG)
• Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone" Mixed With New Order - "Blue Monday"
• Daft Punk - "Human After All" (Remix by FSG)
• Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock" Mixed With Dillinja and Skibadee - "Twist 'Em Out"
• David Guetta & Chris Willis - "Love Is Gone" Mixed With Sam Sparro - "B&G" a/k/a "Black & Gold"
• David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi - "Memories" Mixed With Pirate Soundsystem - "Bashy Bashy"
• Deadmau5 & Kaskade - "I Remember" (Remix by FSG)
• Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" Mixed With Chic - "Le Freak"
• Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - "Bonkers" Mixed With Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At"
• Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - "Bonkers" Mixed With The Prodigy - "Omen"
• DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World" (Remix by FSG)
• Edwin Starr - "War" Mixed With Justice - "Waters Of Nazareth"
• Eminem - "Not Afraid" Mixed With Lil' Wayne feat. Static Major - "Lollipop"
• Estelle ft. Kanye West - "American Boy" (Remix by FSG)
• Estelle ft. Kanye West - "American Boy" Mixed With Chic - "Good Times"
• Flo Rida - "Low" Mixed With David Guetta vs. The Egg - "Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)"
• Flo Rida ft. Will.I.Am - "In The Ayer" Mixed With Clinton Sparks, DJ Class, & Jermaine Dupri - "Favorite DJ"
• Gorillaz ft. Mos Def & Bobby Womack - "Stylo" (Remix by FSG)
• Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - "The Message" Mixed With Kool & The Gang - "Jungle Boogie"
• House Of Pain - "Jump Around" (Remix by FSG)
• House Of Pain - "Jump Around" Mixed With Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See"
• Iyaz - "Replay" Mixed With Rihanna - "Rude Boy"
• Janet Jackson - "Nasty" Mixed With Justice - "D.A.N.C.E."
• Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With Lady Gaga - "Lovegame"
• Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World"
• Kanye West - "Love Lockdown" Mixed With Donna Summer - "Bad Girls"
• Kaskade & Deadmau5 - "Move For Me" (Remix by FSG)
• Kelis - "Acapella (David Guetta Extended Mix)" (Remix by FSG)
• Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis - "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff"
• Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low" Mixed With 50 Cent - "In Da Club"
• Lil' Wayne - "Go DJ" Mixed With 50 Cent - "In Da Club"
• Lil' Wayne feat. Static Major - "Lollipop" Mixed With Flo Rida - "Low"
• LL Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio" Mixed With Chic - "Good Times"
• M.I.A. - "Galang" Mixed With Wayne Smith - "Under Mi Sleng Teng"
• Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"
• Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With New Order - "Blue Monday"
• Malcolm McLaren - "Buffalo Gals" Mixed With M|A|R|R|S - "Pump Up The Volume"
• Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On" Mixed With Sean Paul - "Infiltrate"
• MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce" (Remix by FSG)
• MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce" Mixed With A-Trak - "Say Whoa"
• Nas feat. Keri Hilson - "Hero" Mixed With Talib Kweli - "Get By"
• Nelly - "Hot In Herre" Mixed With Warren G feat. Nate Dogg - "Regulate"
• New Boyz - "You're A Jerk" (Remix by FSG)
• Newcleus - "Jam On It" Mixed With Donna Summer - "Bad Girls"
• Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" Mixed With Nightcrawlers - "Push The Feeling On (MK Mix 95)"
• Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes - "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
• Robin S. - "Show Me Love (Stonebridge Radio Edit)" Mixed With Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone"
• Salt N Pepa - "Push It" Mixed With Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock"
• Salt N Pepa - "Push It" Mixed With Armand Van Helden - "I Want Your Soul"
• Sam Cooke - "Chain Gang" (Remix by FSG)
• Sean Paul - "Get Busy" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"
• Sean Paul - "Get Busy" Mixed With Rihanna - "Pon De Replay"
• Snow - "Informer" Mixed With Jackson 5 - "ABC"
• Soulja Boy Tell 'Em - "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" Mixed With Chamillionaire - "Ridin'"
• Sparfunk & D-Code - "Apocalypse" (Remix by FSG)
• Stevie Wonder - "Superstition" Mixed With Edwin Starr - "War"
• The Chemical Brothers ft. Q-Tip - "Galvanize" Mixed With The Chemical Brothers - "Leave Home"
• The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Mase & Diddy - "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" (Remix by FSG)
• The Prodigy - "Firestarter" (Remix by FSG)
• Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System - "I Will Be Here" Mixed With Tiesto - "Speed Rail"
• Tiesto vs Diplo - "Come On" (Remix by FSG)
• Timbaland ft. Drake - "Say Something" Mixed With Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West - "Put On"
• Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson & D.O.E. - "The Way I Are" Mixed With Tiga - "You Gonna Want Me"
• Tweet ft. Missy Elliott - "Oops (Oh My)" Mixed With Snoop Dogg - "Who Am I (What's My Name)?"

9JFPi.png

Eurogamer: 9/10
Game Informer: 9.25/10
Gametrailers: 8.9/10
IGN: 8.5/10
IGN UK: 9/10
Joystiq: 4.5/5

KiKaL

I really hope this game does well. I really enjoyed the first one a lot...sadly with that said I don't think I will be picking this up. I played the first one a lot but not enough to "wear out" the songs, so it's still all I need.

Larsen B

Hyped.

It'll be nice to play some DJ Hero and not hear "Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City" every other track.

mehdi_san

I am so glad they changed the menus, they were really bad in the first one. It came from a good idea (flipping through the covers) but in the end it was just a pain in the ass to find the right set...

bryehn

MadmanUK said:
How does the singing work in this. Is there a karaoke mode?

Not sure if you can sing solo, but in the demo it had a standard vocal scrolling system and the vocalist has to sing along to the remixes/edits.

Oh snap. This ended up coming today.

photo1lw.jpg

But I meant to get the PS3 version :( Opened it anyway.

Empire mode seems to be the same as single player from DJ Hero 1 so far, but with added Megamixes and DJ Battles. The first Megamix was awesome, and the 1st DJ Battle (vs DJ Qbert) was fun. My favorite mix so far is Superstitious vs. War. There's a freestyle fade section between the two yelling parts of the song that cracked me up.

Game's awesome so far. I'll post more impressions later on.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This is my most anticipated game this fall... behind Cataclysm.

I should have a copy tomorrow and I can't wait to check this out. Going to be freaking awesome!

The co-op is MUCH improved. I just hope people play online this time.

XiaNaphryz said:
I should know better than to ask, but any word on exporting from the first game?
You should know better. This is Activision after all, without an EA/Harmonix to keep them honest.

As far as I know, no exporting the tracks from the 1st game and DLC from the 1st game won't be compatible.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I just skimmed the set list (want to keep some surprises) but compared to the first game it looks like there are more single-song remixes and less mash-ups. Am I crazy?

Can't wait regardless.

You should know better. This is Activision after all, without an EA/Harmonix to keep them honest.

As far as I know, no exporting the tracks from the 1st game and DLC from the 1st game won't be compatible.

The DLC will be compatible, there was a press release about it yesterday.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Okay - I have the first one...I'm guessing I don't need the new turntable? Which edition should I buy, or do the limited editions only come with the turntable? :/ I'm really looking forward to this game!

Edit: Also - semi-related question, is there a way to set the original version up in such a way that it just plays all of your songs in party mode? I tried once, but it just kept cycling through the same song...

TheOMan said:
Okay - I have the first one...I'm guessing I don't need the new turntable? Which edition should I buy, or do the limited editions only come with the turntable? :/ I'm really looking forward to this game!

Edit: Also - semi-related question, is there a way to set the original version up in such a way that it just plays all of your songs in party mode? I tried once, but it just kept cycling through the same song...
Same turntable, the limited editions don't come with anything all that great if memory serves. I'm just buying the standalone game.

You can queue up a playlist of up to 8 songs in Quick List. Blue button adds songs.

IrishNinja

man, that's a better setlist (minus pitbull, ugh) that i'd hoped for. will get to see RZA/Shadow/etc, just gotta catch the next clearance sale on part 1 to finally snag that + a cheap turntable first!

KAP151

Got DJ Hero Renegade really cheap and thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than Guitar Hero.

Will be picking this up!

DiscoJer

It's funny - I almost entirely listen to dance music these days. I DJ as a hobby.

And out of the track list, I like 3 songs.

Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock" Mixed With The Crystal Method - "Busy Child (Still Busy After All These Years Remix)"
(would be better without the Crystal Method)
Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" Mixed With Chic - "Le Freak"
Kaskade & Deadmau5 - "Move For Me" (Remix by FSG)

Then again, as I have DJ gear, I hardly need this...I guess I am the wrong audience.

Better than the first one though. That had like no dance music in it at all.

Fixed1979

Looking foward to it, will grab the game disc. Really hoping that the "career" mode works well. I loved playing the first one but a path through the game would make it more enjoyable for myself anyway.

So, I've had time to play the game more. Made it up to the fourth tier of Empire mode. Here's some more impressions:

+New interface is awesome, and the new scratches/taps are a lot of fun.
+Soundtrack is just a great as the first, maybe a bit better.
+Empire Mode is very fun. The Vs DJ Battles are my favorite addition.
+The Bonus Mixes at the end of each Empire mode are some of my favorite in the game.
+Megamixes are seamless and very fun. I hope they expand these in DJH3.
+Mix loads are quicker, and transitions between one mix to another is a fraction of what it was in the first.
-Some of the decks you unlock give you score boosters, like Scratch Master gives you more points per scratch, Multiplier deck gives you a max of 5x multiplier, Euphoria deck makes Euphoria last twice as long. I just hope this isn't a leaderboard breaker, because from what I've seen, they do count towards leaderboard scores.

So really, if you like DJH1, you'll probably love this. It's DJH1 refined, essenetially, and I haven't seen any new additions that I've hated (except potentially the new decks).

Top Bottom