• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ HERO 2 |OT| Bobby Says Knock You Out

-PXG-

I can't wait to buy this
used

;)

Eh, I'll probably end up being Activision's bitch and buy this new....First game was good.

Fixed1979

ascully said:
Not much interest in this it seems, I am looking forward to it more than any of the other releases this week.

It will be my only purchase this week, but I've been making a consorted effort not to get in over my head this Holiday season and buy too many games. I am on PS3 if anyone wants to add me, but I'm really not too sure how much interest in playing this online.

Classic_Gs said:
I loved the first game and picking up the sequel on Tuesday. I need to find a cheap second turntable though...
There have been some fire sales recently. Toys R Us was selling the whole DJ Hero 1 Bundle for 20 bucks a few weeks back.

I'm getting this game, Can't wait for it. But question in regards to DJ hero 1.

Does anyone know the Dj who did the Mix for

-Feel Good vs. I heard it through the grape vine

-Fix up look sharp vs. Organ donor

-Disturbia vs control

and

-somebody told me vs. pjanoo

I've been dying to know as those are like my 4 favorite tracks from the first.

Fixed2BeBroken said:

-Disturbia vs control

and

I don't know but you can sort all tracks by who mixed them in quickplay mode. The vast majority were mixed internally at Free Style Games.

Neuromancer said:
I don't know but you can sort all tracks by who mixed them in quickplay mode. The vast majority were mixed internally at Free Style Games.

MEH, so it's some random uncredited guy... I want to hear more of random uncredited guy's personal stuff. :lol

Doel

The track list doesn't seem as current as the DJ Hero one was when it released. Regardless, it's going to take some will power for me not to purchase this today.

Did anyone else try the singing in the demo? I got my girlfriend to try it out on a couple tracks while I played with the turntable, and it just seems incredibly pointless and hard to follow. Since the majority of the songs are mixes, the lyrics just go back and forth and it's just awkward.

joelseph

Fixed2BeBroken said:
MEH, so it's some random uncredited guy... I want to hear more of random uncredited guy's personal stuff. :lol

Personal stuff? The person is making mashups on a DAW.

Doel said:
The track list doesn't seem as current as the DJ Hero one was when it released. Regardless, it's going to take some will power for me not to purchase this today.

Did anyone else try the singing in the demo? I got my girlfriend to try it out on a couple tracks while I played with the turntable, and it just seems incredibly pointless and hard to follow. Since the majority of the songs are mixes, the lyrics just go back and forth and it's just awkward.
I'll do it once or twice if there's an achievement; other than that I have no interest. Seems tacked on like guitar mode in DJH1.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Neuromancer said:
Same turntable, the limited editions don't come with anything all that great if memory serves. I'm just buying the standalone game.

You can queue up a playlist of up to 8 songs in Quick List. Blue button adds songs.

Awesome, thanks for the good info!

Remy

Fixed2BeBroken said:

-Disturbia vs control

and

All were FSG per the Wikipedia page.

bryehn said:
So, can we import the DJH1 tracks?

Nope. I talked to the developers back in August, and they said they were figuring out if it would be possible at some point in the future. Either making a export thing, or "Best of DJ1" DLC packs.

bryehn

Bummer about all the DJH1 stuff, seems my DLC isn't showing up either, lame.

Like the "new" format, though really it's the same. Play a few tracks as a megamix, unlock the next mix.

Other than the interface and the freestyle stuff, there really isn't much new at all. Something here doesn't feel as fresh as last year, I think it's the mixes themselves so far.

Still fun, though I'll miss firing off the airhorn sample all the time. A real shame about old tracks/DLC though, kinda sours the experience for me. That and no crazy/hardcore 2 deck mode.

Oh and my new table (360) has different face buttons than my original one.

bryehn

hypodrmage said:
DLC is supposed to work through a day one Title Update, may not go live until tomorrow.

It better :lol

Finally hit a decent mashup with a fun chart. Replay vs Rude Boy

edit: Just beat the first DJ battle. It's like boss battles from GH3 but fun.

Fixed1979

Great review scores. Can't really say I'm too shocked, the first game was excellent, hopefully this one does a lot better sales wise and helps push them towards releasing more DLC. Picked up my copy today at noon, can't wait to try it out.

Benjamin1981 said:
Does the party bundle no longer include a white and a black turntable?

Amazon Germany shows me two Renegade Edition turntables.
Yeah looks like normal controllers to me

410oTM0lMYL._AA300_.jpg

Added reviews to the first post. I think the mods are messing with me...someone changed the thread title to "says" instead of "said" :(

Also, my PSN is DrAndonuts if you want to play. I'll be on later.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Awesome. I was a fan of the first one, but unfortunately I'll be picking this one up at a later date. Rock Band 3 comes first. ;)

I'm subscribing for info/impressions.

GODAMN the tracks in this are AWESOME. This may be my favorite music game ever (GH, RB, EBA, Oendan and DJ Max Portable included). I'm about 20 tracks in and have been consistently floored. No grimaces like in the first game on occasion, just good to great shit (RZA in this, Heartless vs Midnight in a Perfect World omg).

GWX

Just saw Mo' Money Mo' Problems on the tracklist. Sucks I don't have the money to buy, because now I'm interested.

edit: ops

DrAndonuts said:
You should be able to. The "Select DJ" option is there when you choose your setlist in Empire.
I'll try that but think that option was grayed out for me since I'd already started.

Anyway so far so good, the mixes are all very good from what ive played, and the graphics in general have been improved.

The cheat section is fairly disappointing though, would have liked to see some more interesting options. DJH1 had all kinds of crazy filters and things you could play around with.

Fixed1979

The freestyle sections are pretty cool, shockingly enough one of my favorite new things is the way songs in a set are linked together. It really keeps the flow going throughout the set.

Sai-kun

Banned
This. Game.

Is.

Fucking.

Amazing.

Wow. Freestyle scratch, crossfade, and taps are the best thing ever. This game is fucking rad. :lol I love it.

It's a much more refined version of the original game. Freestyle sections are fantastic. Soundtrack is much better and the free patch to import DJ1 DLC is very welcome.

Worth buying for sure.

Top Bottom