• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ Hero 2 demo hits today

Update: it's up on the Marketplace now

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-000041568899

dj-hero-cat.jpg

Via Kotaku:

The DJ Hero demo walks players through various tutorials before giving them a taste of QuickPlay single-player and the Accumulator and DJ Battle multiplayer modes, with four songs ready to scratch that scratching itch:

* Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
* Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 "Ghosts N Stuff"
* MSTRKRFT Featuring N.O.R.E. "Bounce" (Battle Mix)
* Estelle Featuring Kanye West "American Boy" Mixed With Chic "Good Times"

It's not up yet but when it is I'll post a link to the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Edit: article doesn't say but I am guessing for both PSN and Xbox 360 until further notice.

Re-edit: A careful re-reading of the article indicates to me this demo will be Xbox 360 only, for now.

TheHakku

I'm surprised they'd put the "Bounce" beat juggle in. That's one of the first tracks I wanted to play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LADY GAGA!

notworksafe said:
Might be. The GH games are.
I'm pretty sure the GH games haven't been since they introduced the new peripherals. If you have a controller connected and try to play it'll only let you sing. Well, that or tell you you have to connect a microphone so you can sing.

EYEL1NER

This and the WoR demo? Awesome!!! Though I am really more pumped for this one.
Wonder what the file size is though. Curse you, 20 gig HDD...

Wrekt

Wessiej said:
Guitar Hero demo is up on Xbox live
And it comes with the Dethklok song. A.k.a. the only thing that made me contemplate buying another Guitar Hero game. Thanks for saving me $20-$60 Activision!

YagizY

Cool, I bought DJ Hero 1 2 weeks ago when it was $20. Well worth it. Very fun game. I had more fun with this game than any of the guitar hero or rockband games (well Beatles comes close).

Today (Tuesday) sounds realistic for the PS3 demo. Unless there is a 360 timed exclusivity.
Can't wait to give it a try, still way far off from 5 starring all Expert mixes on DJH1 though.:lol

Neuromancer said:
Not really big enough news for its own thread IMHO, but something cool:

That was my favorite part of GH5. Get away from the Frankenstein freaks and allow for avatars to rock. I like it!

Skiptastic said:
That was my favorite part of GH5. Get away from the Frankenstein freaks and allow for avatars to rock. I like it!
It'd be even better if that makes the crowd and the sexy dancing girls into avatars, too. :lol

Just turned my Xbox on to download this... and it ain't there. The Guitar Hero is up there though. There isn't even a game page of DJ 2 on the UK Xbox site anyway.

I played one song on it this morning. I really like it so far. It seems like the added features really spice up the gameplay. I like how you know have to hold down some of the buttons or have freestyle scratch and fade sections. There are little lines in the freestyle fade sections that show you the beat or the words being said so you can figure out exactly when you want to fade back and forth. It gives you a sense of being a real DJ. Day One!

bryehn

Stormwatch said:
I played one song on it this morning. I really like it so far. It seems like the added features really spice up the gameplay. I like how you know have to hold down some of the buttons or have freestyle scratch and fade sections. There are little lines in the freestyle fade sections that show you the beat or the words being said so you can figure out exactly when you want to fade back and forth. It gives you a sense of being a real DJ. Day One!

It's nothing like real DJing at all, but it's still fun.

I'm only able to access 2/4 mixes though, what gives?

bryehn said:
It's nothing like real DJing at all, but it's still fun.

I'm only able to access 2/4 mixes though, what gives?

Yeah, I know it is nothing like being a real DJ, but it is way better than DJ Hero 1. At least you have some control over the song as opposed to having no control at all.

I also can only access 2 of the 4 mixes. I'm at work now and can't check, but are the other 2 mixes in the Battle Mode maybe?

shuri

Banned
I bought DJ hero and i was surprised by how random some of the crossfader moves where sometimes. It felt very gaming and sometimes it would be nothing like what was being heard on the mix.

I honestly played for 2 nights before putting it back in the box, some of the mix were hilariously bad and annoying to hear. I look forward djh2, im sure they worked hard on this one

Wrekt

Wrekt said:
And it comes with the Dethklok song. A.k.a. the only thing that made me contemplate buying another Guitar Hero game. Thanks for saving me $20-$60 Activision!
Ugh, I forgot how bad Guitar Hero charting is. The Dethklok song was great but you have to unlock it first. 2 of the 3 songs you originally get to chose from are all over the fucking place.

Played through the demo. Here are where all of the songs are.

Quick Play:
-Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
-Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 "Ghosts N Stuff"

DJ Battle:
-MSTRKRFT Featuring N.O.R.E. "Bounce" (Battle Mix)

Tutorial:
-Estelle Featuring Kanye West "American Boy" Mixed With Chic "Good Times"

Mr Jared

Hey all. I'm going to run a quick stream of the demo to go over the two songs for my PS3 brothers who can't download it. I'll link to the archive once its done.

(Edit: Ultimate fail! My laptop overheated during the stream so the video got all glitched up.. then Ustream didn't save it. Profound sadness.)

DrAndonuts said:
Played through the demo. Here are where all of the songs are.

Quick Play:
-Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
-Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 "Ghosts N Stuff"

DJ Battle:
-MSTRKRFT Featuring N.O.R.E. "Bounce" (Battle Mix)

Tutorial:
-Estelle Featuring Kanye West "American Boy" Mixed With Chic "Good Times"
That's kind of a dick move that they didn't make them all for quick play. Is that DJ battle for online or off?

Zachack

I picked up DJ Hero during the $20 sale and am still playing it (so it's fresh in my mind), so is it just me or is the Gaga song on Hard much harder than DJ1 songs on Hard? The speed just seemed crazy.

Just played the demo, it's pretty awesome and a solid improvement in a lot of ways. I really liked the freestyle cross fading bits and overall the graphics were better (although the character Mixy Trix still looks like a skank).

They also had videos of the Empire mode where they walked through some of that stuff, unfortunately there were less customization options than I would have liked (not that many logos or club names to choose from).

And in answer to my own question, no you can't pick your avatar in the demo.

The scoring in DJ Battle against the AI is ridiculous. My first match I lost, my second match I got a draw (we each both won the same number of sections). I went to the stats of the match and in literally every area, I had a better stat than the AI (except for freestyle scratches). Why it ended in a draw is beyond me.

Demo was awesome.

Love the new 'clean' menu style. Visuals overall are a little cleaner than 1, and the added touches to the gameplay are really cool.

Freestyle crossfades are fucking awesome, and give you the feeling of far more control over the song.

Mafro

Neuromancer said:
The scoring in DJ Battle against the AI is ridiculous. My first match I lost, my second match I got a draw (we each both won the same number of sections). I went to the stats of the match and in literally every area, I had a better stat than the AI (except for freestyle scratches). Why it ended in a draw is beyond me.
Yeah I don't know what the hell was going on with this. I certainly won't be playing that in the full game.

Mafro said:
Yeah I don't know what the hell was going on with this. I certainly won't be playing that in the full game.
Unfortunately it seems to me like you're going to have to in Empire mode, unless I got my details mixed up.

If I do, I may be playing those on a lower difficulty.

Top Bottom