• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi - Man On the Moon II |OT| Thread of Driving Drunk, Doin Our Thang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pinko Marx said:
Think its a little odd that he seems to be trying to compare himself to Jimi Hendrix.
everything modern cudi does seems a little odd IMO. but every time i play "Cleavland is the reason" i can't help but believe :D

I absolutely love his first album (nothing beats Cudi Zone) but from the random songs I've heard off this new album... it's lacking... something. I dunno. A Kid Named Cudi is great too... so I dunno. I remain faithful I guess.

shadowcomplex said:
everything modern cudi does seems a little odd IMO. but every time i play "Cleavland is the reason" i can't help but believe :D

I hate that song :lol

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
apocalidiot said:
I absolutely love his first album (nothing beats Cudi Zone) but from the random songs I've heard off this new album... it's lacking... something. I dunno. A Kid Named Cudi is great too... so I dunno. I remain faithful I guess.

I hate that song :lol
:lol :lol to each his own. but this shows how awesome cudi can be. BELIEVE!:D

shadowcomplex said:
:lol :lol to each his own. but this shows how awesome cudi can be. BELIEVE!:D

Oh, I'm stoked.

I just can't get into the chorus of Erase Me. I dunno, it'll probably grow on me. Does anyone have a link of Maniac?

KJTB

...so I just listened to "Erase Me" for the first time, what the fuck was that shit? Sorry to those that like the song, but that was just bad pop imo.

The rest of the CD better be better than that garbage...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Dipindots said:
...so I just listened to "Erase Me" for the first time, what the fuck was that shit? Sorry to those that like the song, but that was just bad pop imo.
The rest of the CD better be better than that garbage...
really because yesterday you had a completely different attitude :lol

Dipindots said:
Loved his first CD... Will be buying this :D

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
I don't think this is gonna make its current date.

Well, at the concert thursday night he plugged the date several times, so unless something drastically changes soon, he still is shooting for nov.9th.

KJTB

shadowcomplex said:
really because yesterday you had a completely different attitude :lol

This is before I listened to erase me hahahaha

I'll still be getting the album, I just hope that there are better songs than erase me :lol

KJTB

DaMan121 said:
To be fair, Erase Me is nothing like MotM

Pretty much, I was hoping that he'd stick to his whole dream type theme without your run of the mill pop production. It's not fair of me to say that MotM 2 will be bad just because of this one song and I'm certainly not saying that, just that I was surprised when I heard erase me because I was expecting something different.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
yencid said:
she said i dont spend time like i reaalllyy shhooulld!

cant wait, going to make some avatars in commemoration :D

EDIT:
25gtlqu.gif
Can I use this?

Edit- Thank you!

Swag

kid-cudi-man-on-the-moon-2.jpg

Album Cover

Audiofix said:
With Man on the Moon, Vol. 2, Cleveland-based rapper Kid Cudi drops the sequel to his debut album, but there’s a twist. Vol. 1 focused on Cudi’s dreams and nightmares but here he introduces Mr. Ranger, a rapper who lives in our world and is forced to deal with the realities of 2010. Guest rappers Snoop Dogg and Cage plus producers like Kanye West, the Neptunes, and Ratatat all help Cudi deliver the Ranger’s story.

I like the cover. Audiofix wtf? Mr. Ranger? Fail.

Billboard.com said:
Kid Cudi has had an eventful year. Brawls with fans allegedly led to being booted from his opening spot on Lady Gaga's tour, he was busted for possession of cocaine and criminal mischief, he beefed with Wale, and he became a father to a baby girl named Vada.

But oddly, none of those topics is addressed on his upcoming sophomore album, "Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager" (G.O.O.D. Music/Dream On/Universal Motown). "It's not like 'Cudi's problems with fame, chapter two,' " the 26-year-old says of his forthcoming set. In fact, the album, while still "aggressive and dark and energetic," as he describes it, is a reflection of where Cudi, born Scott Mescudi, is in his life right now.

"I'm a lot happier-things are in better order and there's peace within my crew and within myself," Cudi says. "I feel I had to go through the fire to get here and I wouldn't change my experiences for the world. At this point, I'm locked in. I definitely got my shit together."

Now that his life's in order, Cudi, who says he's been off drugs for a few months now, is ready for the Nov. 9 release of "Man on the Moon II," which features guest spots from Mary J. Blige, Cage, GLC and mentor/G.O.O.D. Music label head Kanye West. To promote the album, Universal Motown partnered with music video site Vevo's "Go Show" viral events to premiere the first single, "Revofev." Cudi also performed at New York's Bape clothing store, where he once worked, with Vevo and YouTube broadcasting the concert. According to Universal Motown senior director of marketing Billy Zarro, the video garnered "over 8.7 million views in 10 days, immediately becoming the most popular Go Show to date."

However, "Revofev" failed to chart. But second single "Erase Me," featuring West, bowed at No. 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 in September. Follow-up "Mr. Rager" will be released in a couple of weeks.

According to manager/producer Plain Pat, the new album is a sign of Cudi's growth. "It's more mature on all angles-the production, himself. He really lays it on the line on this album and it's a lot more cohesive," he says.

Cudi is on a college tour and planning a worldwide trek for 2011. He's also designing a collection for Bape, including a "Rager" T-shirt that will be available on the album's release date, and is set to shoot the second season of HBO series "How to Make It in America" early next year. Additionally, he has struck branding partnerships with Converse, Vitaminwater and Heineken, while "Erase Me" appeared in the season premiere of CW's "90210," according to Zarro.

Now that he's found peace, Cudi hopes to remain grounded-in his own newfound, overconfident way. "I really just find that life is fucking funny," he says. "You have to take shit as it comes and man up. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger-that's a fact. Even in death no one will stop me from being great. That's all I know."

New Acapella (not on his next album but will be on the Dot Da Genius Collab Album) titled Runaway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPrcWR5xbs

Swag

spindashing said:

Yeah dunno what's up with that spelling.

Didn't know Wale had beef with Wale, kinda makes me laugh a bit. Beef between Wale and Cudi :lol

ep85

UDyIF.jpg

Mr. Ranger, a rapper who has to deal with deforestation and possums, fucking possums.

and here are some avatar sized album covers.
hPJV4.jpg
gPXwW.jpg

Recon

Banned
spindashing said:

New Acapella (not on his next album but will be on the Dot Da Genius Collab Album) titled Runaway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPrcWR5xbs

He performed that on thursday night, it was really good too, wish it was on the album.

...actually, i think that performance was from his set on thursday lmao.

EDIT: And i was right, i was like 10 feet from him when he was doing that song, good shit. I kinda wish he did something else tho, since he did that song and Mr.solo dolo as an encore.

Talon

So saw Kid Cudi live last night. Pretty good show. Dude's all over the place just jumping around and dancing. Security was none-too-pleased. It was mostly old stuff, but he did Erase Me.

He was opening for Snoop, so Cudi came out for a few numbers. They did "The Tree" together, and Cudi just sort of danced during a couple songs. "The Tree" is about 9999124239054914851234 times better live.

Recon

Banned
Talon- said:
So saw Kid Cudi live last night. Pretty good show. Dude's all over the place just jumping around and dancing. Security was none-too-pleased. It was mostly old stuff, but he did Erase Me.

He was opening for Snoop, so Cudi came out for a few numbers. They did "The Tree" together, and Cudi just sort of danced during a couple songs. "The Tree" is about 9999124239054914851234 times better live.

Yeah, i saw him thursday night, his shows pack so much damn energy. Its almost like a rock/techno concert at some spots.

My interpretation, or atleast one of my interpretations of the box art is that MOTM1, it being a dream, is reflected in the painting behind him. Now Cudi's sitting in reality which has a grainy, but distinguished look to it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I remember hating his first album for the first few weeks and then just loved it, Erase Me sounds alright (until Kanye comes in).

Swag

Ikuu said:
I remember hating his first album for the first few weeks and then just loved it, Erase Me sounds alright (until Kanye comes in).

Sorry do these lyrics not appeal to you?

The height of her shopping was writers blocking me
I couldn’t get my shit out anyway, I hope you die Aria

DaMan121

Sebulon3k said:
Sorry do these lyrics not appeal to you?

The height of her shopping was writers blocking me
I couldn’t get my shit out anyway, I hope you die Aria

I swear, no other rapper makes me laugh as much as he does - Em used to have that mantle, but Kanye just takes the cake. I mean that verse it just soo bad, but so good!

What's he holding in his hands?

Does anyone know?

OP forgot to mention a few other tracks slated to be on the album. These are the confirmed tracks so far:

* Horizon
* RevOfEv
* Erase Me (feat. Kanye West)
* Marijuana
* Groovin’
* Mojo So Dope
* Wildin’ Cuz I’m Young (feat. Kanye West)
* Trapped In My Mind
* Maniac (feat. Cage)
* Don’t Play This Song
* Ghost
* Mr. Rager

SPINmagazine rated the album a 8/10
. Common is supposedly not doing narration this time around (damn it), but there is narration. Then again, this review was a month ago, so things could have changed. I implore you guys to read the SPINmagazine review. It's a great read!

I will admit, Erase Me is poppy and caught me off guard, but it's hella catchy.

Edit: Ok so I got bored and finally got to making my Zelda-esque Mr. Rager logo:

wT4Rj.png

Then I placed it on the album art:

qwh5k.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
OP forgot to mention a few other tracks slated to be on the album. These are the confirmed tracks so far:

* Horizon
* RevOfEv
* Marijuana
* Groovin’
* Mojo So Dope
* Trapped In My Mind
* Maniac (feat. Cage)
* Don’t Play This Song
* Ghost
* Mr. Rager

SPINmagazine rated the album a 8/10
. Common is supposedly not doing narration this time around (damn it), but there is narration. Then again, this review was a month ago, so things could have changed. I implore you guys to read the SPINmagazine review. It's a great read!

I will admit, Erase Me is poppy and caught me off guard, but it's hella catchy.

Edit: Ok so I got bored and finally got to making my Zelda-esque Mr. Rager logo:

http://imgur.com/wT4Rj.png[IMG]

Then I placed it on the album art:

[IMG]http://imgur.com/qwh5k.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
That logo is dope as fuck man, I love it! :D I prefer the simpler album art though.

EDIT: What font is that for the "Man on the Moon" part?

spindashing said:

* Horizon
* RevOfEv
* Marijuana
* Groovin’
* Mojo So Dope
* Trapped In My Mind
* Maniac (feat. Cage)
* Don’t Play This Song
* Ghost
* Mr. Rager
Almost half of those songs are live versions only T_T

The rest are pretty good, I like Mojo So Dope, RevOfEv, Erase Me, and I Do My Thing. :D

Not feeling Mr. Rager too much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom