• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Cudi - Man On the Moon II |OT| Thread of Driving Drunk, Doin Our Thang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this album going to be less depressing/dramatic and more fun than the last?

edit: looking at the track titles, I'm gonna guess NO.

The Lamonster said:
Is this album going to be less depressing/dramatic and more fun than the last?

edit: looking at the track titles, I'm gonna guess NO.

:lol No. Previously, when the album was called Cudder: The Revolution of Evolution, it was going to be. He planned to get a variety of artists to just have fun and make music with, but he suddenly changed the direction of the album wanting to give the fans more "dark", "twisted" sounds.

spindashing said:
:lol No. Previously, when the album was called Cudder: The Revolution of Evolution, it was going to be. He planned to get a variety of artists to just have fun and make music with, but he suddenly changed the direction of the album wanting to give the fans more "dark", "twisted" sounds.
Awesome thanks, I appreciate the real response instead of typical GAF "defense force" fashion.

Himuro said:
Holy shit.

Does this rap about nothing a lot just to rhyme or does every single rhyme and every single beat have a meaning?

Will check him out.
Altough Cudi's one of my favorite artists, I can sadly admit that he's not a lyrical beast at all. He tells stories in his songs, but don't expect something like Nas. In all honesty, it's hard to even classify him as a rapper, but at the end of the day, he does have hip hop roots. That's one reason I like Cudi, he really is not like the other rappers that are around at the moment. I've had friends praise him and I've had other friends say, "This shit isn't rap. This shit is too emotional, too."

It's either hit or miss with Cudi, so that's why I suggest for you to either check out his first album on YouTube or something to get an introduction to how he does things or check out the link regarding the 20 second previews to his upcoming album posted not so long ago in this thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
Altough Cudi's one of my favorite artists, I can sadly admit that he's not a lyrical beast at all. He tells stories in his songs, but don't expect something like Nas. In all honesty, it's hard to even classify him as a rapper, but at the end of the day, he does have hip hop roots. That's one reason I like Cudi, he really is not like the other rappers that are around at the moment. I've had friends praise him and I've had other friends say, "This shit isn't rap. This shit is too emotional, too."

It's either hit or miss with Cudi, so that's why I suggest for you to either check out his first album on YouTube or something to get an introduction to how he does things or check out the link regarding the 20 second previews to his upcoming album posted not so long ago in this thread.
I agree 100% with this. Sometimes what he's saying makes no fucking sense at all, but, you understand man. Its straight up weird.

Hootie

Love the previews. Gonna be so good.

But what happened to "Did You Get It"? I thought it was going to be on the new album? It's one of my favorite Cudi songs

Hootie said:
Love the previews. Gonna be so good.

But what happened to "Did You Get It"? I thought it was going to be on the new album? It's one of my favorite Cudi songs
If Mr Solo Dolo digs the album, you know this Cudi episode will be gold.

And you have a good point. I loved Did You Get It. Damn...

I guess if it is not going to be on the album, I should go ahead and download it instead of hiding from it thinking it was a leak. :lol

sorry for the doublepost, but here's Poster #3.

dsTjA.jpg

CRS

The only track I'm not a fan of is "Wild'n Cuz Im Young". Other than that, I'm really excited.

Edit: The mastered version of Mr. Rager is amazing. I love the strings near the end.

Tokubetsu

spindashing said:
If Mr Solo Dolo digs the album, you know this Cudi episode will be gold.

And you have a good point. I loved Did You Get It. Damn...

I guess if it is not going to be on the album, I should go ahead and download it instead of hiding from it thinking it was a leak. :lol

Link to did you get it?

Tokubetsu

Man, I LOVE Hyerrr. Fuck all y'all.
Really the only song I skip regularly is Sky Might Fall because the Novel cover kinda ruined it for me. Sometimes entergalatic and heart of a lion.

Pre-ordered my copy of MOTM2 Deluxe and CoD Black Ops today. Now to just get some bud on luck and I'll be :D

EDIT: They completely ruined Maniac. At least, Cudi's verse.

Tokubetsu said:
Link to did you get it?
Shit, I need a link too, because all I found were DJ versions and I will not keep that version on my iPod. :lol

Wow, Maniac is different? I guess that comes with not listening to leaks...

Edit: Weren't you the one to recommend that Cage album to me? (Depart From Me)

:lol Even as a Cudi fan I could only stomach 2 or 3 tracks out of it. Thanks, though.

Edit2: that might have been Kimo. I always confuse you two... :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
hyyer was amazing. my personal favorite ganja song

Cause life is short
And filled with lots of grief and doubt
So I just pull that bag of colorful frosty leaves on out and free my scalp
I mean free my mind, a puff a time
I'm up all the time
I'm up on the grind
So a Red bull and a blunt would be fine
Just wanna feel fine, Just wanna kill time
Just wanna relax and think of a rhyme
Dont really like sippin' cuz I get to trippin'
my nigga just roll up a heap of that pine
And only bring a lil bit for the trip
in case we get blurped by the 5-0 (Sir you look high)
I know but I prefer my eyes low

that flow is fucking genius

Tokubetsu

spindashing said:
Shit, I need a link too, because all I found were DJ versions and I will not keep that version on my iPod. :lol

Wow, Maniac is different? I guess that comes with not listening to leaks...

Edit: Weren't you the one to recommend that Cage album to me? (Depart From Me)

:lol Even as a Cudi fan I could only stomach 2 or 3 tracks out of it. Thanks, though.

Edit2: that might have been Kimo. I always confuse you two... :lol

What? I'm pretty sure I've always told everyone to stay the fuck away from Depart From Me. If you want good Cage tracks, you either go into Weathermen shit or you listen to Movies For The Blind (My personal favorite) and Hell's Winter.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
enzo_gt said:
I agree 100% with this. Sometimes what he's saying makes no fucking sense at all, but, you understand man. Its straight up weird.
Agreed. I have to explain what hes saying to my gf all the time. :lol

It's like he speaks in his own slang or dialect that only some can understand.

Kid Cudi has his own language. Cuddernese. :lol

Some news:

- Cudi will be the musical guest on David Letterman on this Thursday (Oct. 28th).

- Cudi is set to appear on One Tree Hill on Thursday Nov. 30. One Tree Hill plays on the CW, and Cudi will perform Erase Me as well as act in a few scenes.

Ashhong said:
I heard this leaked? True or False? i cant find it..

I don't think so. I haven't heard anything about that, but then again, I'm staying away from leaks.

A reminder, but Cudi will be performing on David Letterman tonight on CBS. It'll probably be Erase Me, but I'll still check it out just to see Cudi perform.

:lol Apparently Cudi is going to be in a rock-band with Dot da Genius called Wizard or Wizards...

PBY

Banned
Mr Solo Dolo said:
Nope now give yourself a slap on the wrist for getting my hope up.
fuuuuck, ive been online since that post trying to find it, what a waste of time:lol

Hootie

GatorBait said:
So what happened to "I Do My Thing" feat. Snoop? I am on iTunes and don't see it in the track list anymore.

"Did You Get It" as well. Those are my 2 favorites songs that have leaked so far, too. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:
When I zone,
I'm feeling alright
I'm feeling alright
I'm feeling alright

efing love that song.
Agreed, best song on MotM hands down. That and Up Up & Away cheer me up no matter what.

Ferny

Can not wait for the album to drop. I loved MotM and hearing some samples from his second album, it'll be even better.

Mr Solo Dolo said:
FFFFFFFFUUUU stuck on this bus for another hour, Kanye's album in the next 24 hours aswell apparently.
That sucks if true for Kanye. But, it happens.

I think I'll avoid this thread and the Kanye one 'till their respective release dates.

To the guys using the leak, enjoy. :D

Slizz

I've been a fan of Cudi way before his first album, but I didn't really like his first one. However this shit right here is amazing......I'm lovinnnnngggg it right now GREAT Friday.

Grzi

Slizz said:
I've been a fan of Cudi way before his first album, but I didn't really like his first one. However this shit right here is amazing......I'm lovinnnnngggg it right now GREAT Friday.

Same with me.
This album is surprisingly dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom