• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 year old roma gypsy girl gives birth in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the father of this child is about 13 years old, and the girl migrated to Spain a few weeks before childbirth.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/11/03/andalucia/1288776768.html

Link is in Spanish, by the way.

With the laws as they are, now this girl and her whole family will be able to move in and live off a special kind of welfare check called "baby check". What kinda bothers me is that the entire family lives in an abandoned block, with no power or sanitation and even in the video in that news article there is an official representative giving the "it's their tradition, sometimes gypsies have kids at such early ages, let's respect them".

I don't know what to think, but my gut feeling is that I don't want this kind of shit going on, let alone having some people passing it off as "normal" or "cultural". It's a fucking 10 year old child, pun intended. Disgusting.

For reference, El Mundo is one of the three major newspapers in Spain.

At any rate, I do believe that the newborn is pretty much fucked for life already.

EDIT

English mirror

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8105960/10-year-old-gives-birth-in-Spain.html

funkmastergeneral said:
Any kid born into a family of gypsies is fucked for life.

I didn't want to be that harsh, but you have a tragic point.

i_am_ben said:
This won't end well.

Even though this issue hits close to home here and I really dislike this situation, I trust the ability of our fellow gaffers to keep it civil.

DonMigs85

There was an 8 year old girl in Africa who gave birth too, and she later became a grandmother at age 16.

Who ever fucked her is a irresponsible dude. obviously.

On the bright side, when the kid is 18, she'll be 28 and will stil have her full life ahead of her.

No she won't....

DonMigs85 said:
There was an 8 year old girl in Africa who gave birth too, and she later became a grandmother at age 16.

holy shit.. is this true? 8????

16??? so 8 again...

SmokyDave said:
Yeesh, what an unfortunate situation. I have no solution.

Last I heard they were sending people to check out the situation, see if they need to take custody away from the parents and whatnot, but them being immigrants that just arrived makes things very difficult. Also, the amount of press is a factor.

Speedymanic said:
I just learnt it's possible for a 10yr old to successfully carry a child to term. :eek: :/

as did i =/ Her body would still be so tiny!! That poor girl..

EDIT : :lol :lol :lol at the post above.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Make no mistake: the real cunts are the tribalistic, arse-backwards parents that arranged their "marriage".

Social Services should take action swiftly. Not that I expect it...
jorma said:
So if this is cultural, why is this list not filled with Romani children? There are a lot more south/north american children on it.
In all fairness, 10 is too young even for gypsy standards. The age bracket for arranged marriages is more like 13 to 16. Also, they are smart enough to avoid Social Services when they know they are doing something punishable.

Edit: Spanish gypsy standards. I just noticed that those are Romanian gypsies, that pride themselves for being the purest, most conservative and traditionalist in Europe. AKA, the biggest douches.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Always-honest said:
Who ever fucked her is a irresponsible dude. obviously.

On the bright side, when the kid is 18, she'll be 28 and will stil have her full life ahead of her.

No she won't....

holy shit.. is this true? 8????

16??? so 8 again...
There was a 4 or 5 year old that gave birth some where in South America, there's a picture of it too on the Wiki page.

It's disgusting.

SmokyDave

jorma said:
So if this is cultural, why is this list not filled with Romani children? There are a lot more south/north american children on it.
Perhaps they're more capable (as a community) of hiding these births. Perhaps they refuse medical help whereas the people on the list relied on it (and had their births recorded as such). Perhaps the list isn't exhaustive. Perhaps it isn't a cultural thing.

Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.

Shanadeus

Banned
What a clusterfuck of a situation.
I'd definitely try to get that child away from that family, as a ten year old simply cannot care for one and a family that doesn't notice their ten(9?) year old girl being pregnant shouldn't be given custody either.

megateto

Well, she's not eligible for the "cheque bebé", Romeo, that's something XD. It doesn't surprise at all that she just came over to give birth to the baby...

Btw, nobody cares that the love relationship is broken? Poor 13 year old dad XD.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Shanadeus said:
What a clusterfuck of a situation.
I'd definitely try to get that child away from that family, as a ten year old simply cannot care for one and a family that doesn't notice their ten(9?) year old girl being pregnant shouldn't be given custody either.
They knew. Oh, they knew.

"Es normal entre nosotros, los gitanos. Esto es una alegría, no un drama. A esa edad nos casamos en Rumanía", señala Olimpia, una abuela que aún no habrá cumplido los 30 años.
"It's normal among us, gypsies. This is a joyful event, not a drama. That's the age at which we marry in Romania", says Olimpia, a grandmother that doesn't seem to be over 30".

megateto said:
Btw, nobody cares that the love relationship is broken? Poor 13 year old dad XD.
Chances are they are hiding their marriage to avoid prosecution. The oldest trick in the Roma's giant book of tricks.

megateto said:
Well, she's not eligible for the "cheque bebé", Romeo, that's something XD. It doesn't surprise at all that she just came over to give birth to the baby...

Yeah, you're right. She should be here for a year or so, I think.

Funky Papa said:

"It's normal among us, gypsies. This is a joyful event, not a drama. That's the age at which we marry in Romania", says Olimpia, a grandmother that doesn't seem to be over 30".

That, and the THAT 10 YEAR OLD CHICK HAS CURVES AND BOOBS AND ALL, I WISH I HAD THOSE line got me. Now I'm curious.

We really need Chris Hansen in here.

DonMigs85

Remember folks, not every culture shares your view of a long, happy childhood, being underage and chaste, going to school everyday, etc. It sucks, but that's the world we live in.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
these stories are the reason people are racist against gypsies.

get a 10 year old pregnant and move her to spain, booyah, free cash for everyone. Or you know, just banging kids.

Shanadeus

Banned
Funky Papa said:

Chances are they are hiding their marriage to avoid prosecution. The oldest trick in the Roma's giant book of tricks.
I didn't want to assume anything but if that's their general opinion of this then I can't see how they could possibly be fit to care for the new child.

Or the ten year old herself.

Best thing to do right now would be to take both children away from these destructive people.

DonMigs85 said:
Remember folks, not every culture shares your view of a long, happy childhood, being underage and chaste, going to school everyday, etc. It sucks, but that's the world we live in.
I think most people are aware of that, that's why these children should be taken away from this family so that they can be taught the that having a long, happy childhood is something desirable.

Kurtofan

DonMigs85 said:
It's not normal for a ten year old girl to give birth.
It's not about culture it's about physiology.

Kurtofan

J. M. Romeo said:
Man! That's a very ethnocentric thought!
?
Most ten year old girls can't have a baby,nothing ethnocentric about it.
And the ones who do likely suffer complications.
By physiology I meant anatomy and the likes.
Edit:Unless it's sarcasm,don't mind me then :D

Bento

DonMigs85 said:
What also sucks is that the Spanish tax payer is now going to have to pay to keep this cultural idea, or whatever you want to call it, alive. There is a reason why we try and encourage our children to go through school before becoming parents as they otherwise almost guaranteed have to rely on everyone else to take care of them and their child for a very long time (and it's not cheap). These cases and others slowly but surely hollows the credibility of our social security net as it becomes more of a tool to uphold parasite behavior then to provide temporary safety for those in need.

Kurtofan said:
?
Most ten year old girls can't have a baby,nothing ethnocentric about it.
And the ones who do likely suffer complications.
By physiology I meant anatomy and the likes.

Yeah, I was just being facetious. I just cannot understand how the minds of this people work. I really can't.

WillyFive

Naked Snake said:
w-w-w-what... the... FUCK??! I really didn't think that was biologically possible.

Unlike boys, girls come with their stuff already developed when they are born. They don't really work well, and they certainly shouldn't be used, but they do have their eggs already.

Which is why usually these types of cases end up being rape. It's wrong.

Dali

J. M. Romeo said:
Apparently, the father of this child is about 13 years old, and the girl migrated to Spain a few weeks before childbirth.

So does that mean no one can call for his balls on a pike? Haha take that vindictive, "justice" GAF.

Dali said:
So does that mean no one can call for his balls on a pike? Haha take that vindictive, "justice" GAF.

Well, maybe they could but those would probably be flimsy little kiddie balls.

I was about to make a joke on how we should take away his gameboy instead, but now that I think it twice, HE IS THE ONE IMPREGNATING LADIES, not me!

SmokyDave

Dali said:
Well, I could certainly grumble about statutory rape laws being about as effective as immigration laws (Proof positive of crime committed met with utter indifference and unwillingness to enforce the law). I'm not going to though, they ain't gonna change.

J. M. Romeo said:
I was about to make a joke on how we should take away his gameboy instead, but now that I think it twice, HE IS THE ONE IMPREGNATING LADIES, not me!
Children are perfectly capable of impregnating ladies. Men father children (in an ideal world).

jorma

is now taking requests
Kurtofan said:
It's not normal for a ten year old girl to give birth.
It's not about culture it's about physiology.

Well people seem to have already decided that this is normal for romani as a way to get EU benefits and also that this is why people are racist towards them. And their deviousness does not end there - even though it's perfectly normal for them they manage to hide it so well that the wiki list of youngest mothers has no other roma girls on it.
The Romani bag of tricks - it's giant.

Dali

Flying_Phoenix said:
I guess we should all cancel welfare and have a bunch of hardworking good people live on the streets because of this mooch.
France seems to think the other way around is easier.

edit:

Just read the Telegraph article. How does the "baby check" and the family's legal status work if the baby dies after a year? Naturally I'd expect the checks to stop, but do they get the boot too since their anchor child is dead?

Bento

Flying_Phoenix said:
I guess we should all cancel welfare and have a bunch of hardworking good people live on the streets because of this mooch.
Nice strawman but nobody here is arguing for that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
jorma said:
Well people seem to have already decided that this is normal for romani as a way to get EU benefits and also that this is why people are racist towards them. And their deviousness does not end there - even though it's perfectly normal for them they manage to hide it so well that the wiki list of youngest mothers has no other roma girls on it.
The Romani bag of tricks - it's giant.
That's, uuuh, a pretty broken reasoning. Teenage and even child pregnancies/marriages are normal among gyspy comunities, but they avoid contact with Social Services for a numer of reasons, both legal (they know they could be prosecuted) and cultural (they believe hospitals are impure places, and therefore only reach them in case of extreme necessity). Because of this, they rarely akwnoledge the real age (or actual relationship) of the couples in official forms. This is, however, an open secret; as one of the gypsies cited in the OP states, this conduct is normal among them; they just don't make it legal because of the potential implications (probably none in this case, given that there is no recognized marriage, so it's just something that happened between two children in a foreign country).

With that said (again), 10 year old is too young for bearing a child, as they usually wait until 13 years old or so.

kottila

13 year old Romani girl sold by family to a roaming gang of thieves.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.no%2Fnyheter%2Flokalt%2F--Solgt-som-tyv-for-10.000-euro-1186364.html&act=url

From a linked story:
We have testimony from victims who said that criminal networks contacts poor Roma families and offer them to bring one of the children abroad so they can make money for the family. After a moment, the family often told that the child does not earn enough money and that they have to send another child. To finally get the whole family moved to foreign countries, and then get placed second families with children, "explains Gravett.

Through a joint investigation team has Romanian and British police since 2008 indicted 26 people in Romania to have brought 181 children to Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom