• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 year old roma gypsy girl gives birth in Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafarabo

Banned
How did they get the baby to fit through her tight little 10 year old "thing"? Isn't it too small?
Or did they have to open up her stomach?

DonMigs85

Kafarabo said:
How did they get the baby to fit through her tight little 10 year old "thing"? Isn't it too small?
Or did they have to open up her stomach?
I've noticed that in many of these cases the baby is usually under 5 pounds, so it can just squeeze through, but in other cases they need to do a C-section.

Disgusting, 10 year olds should not be having babies in any culture.

crazy monkey said:
I hope they take care of baby and parents. They should be fine hopefully.

I don't like this mentality. So any 10 year old that has a baby automatically gets taken care of? We need systems to want to deter this as much as possible, not pass it off as acceptable. I'm not saying I hope they suffer, but stuff like this isn't good for society.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
demosthenes said:
I don't like this mentality. So any 10 year old that has a baby automatically gets taken care of? We need systems to want to deter this as much as possible, not pass it off as acceptable. I'm not saying I hope they suffer, but stuff like this isn't good for society.
I think he means the parents of the baby. In my eyes, they are victims, too.

Funky Papa said:
I think he means the parents of the baby. In my eyes, they are victims, too.

Yea, the 10 year old definitely is, I can't stand this and it happens all over the world and it sucks knowing you can't do anything about it.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
The article says she's not qualified for the welfare checks....

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
otake said:
The article says she's not qualified for the welfare checks....
She is not qualified for the automatic check you get just for having a baby. She is qualified for other forms of revenue.

Either way, the monetary argument is the last of my concerns when it comes to gypsy integration.

Dyno

Romania, it sounds just lovely. Send them back. I exonerate Spain from any responsibility in this. Really, they shouldn't have to even deal with it.

Bento

Funky Papa said:
She is not qualified for the automatic check you get just for having a baby. She is qualified for other forms of revenue.

Either way, the monetary argument is the last of my concerns when it comes to gypsy integration.
I'd say this is very important if for no other reason then to change the perception of gypsies. As long as they remain unable to be self-sustainable we should not be expecting the hostility towards them to disappear.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Bento said:
I'd say this is very important if for no other reason then to change the perception of gypsies. As long as they remain unable to be self-sustainable we should not be expecting the hostility towards them to disappear.
True enough. I was more or less talking about the amount of money spent in them, which is very considerable, but not gigantic in the grand scheme of things. Self sustainability is a must.

Bento

Funky Papa said:
True enough. I was more or less talking about the amount of money spent in them, which is very considerable, but not gigantic in the grand scheme of things. Self sustainability is a must.
Unfortunately it really doesn't matter how much money is being spent to support minorities as long more money is being spent then earned the anger of the people paying for it seems inevitable in any society. To make things worse there really doesn't seem to be much that can be done to put those feelings to rest besides to actually make sure that the minorities contribute with more money then they receive (I'm not even sure if that's enough sometimes).

It's a real tough issue in general when dealing with immigration and even more so with Gypsies since they're simply much harder to integrate into society and the workforce (don't even want to think about how much money was spent in Sweden during the 60's and 70's trying to do so).

jorma

is now taking requests
Bento said:
Unfortunately it really doesn't matter how much money is being spent to support minorities, the fact that more money is being spent then earned is enough to stir anger among the people paying for it. To make things worse there really doesn't seem to be much that can be done to put those feelings to rest besides to actually make sure that the minorities contribute with more money then they receive (I'm not even sure if that's enough sometimes).

It's a real tough issue in general when dealing with immigration and even more so with Gypsies since they're simply much hard to integrate into society and the workforce (don't even want to think about how much money was spent in Sweden during the 60's and 70's trying to do so).

When i read this i sort of interpret this as if you think that immigration to Sweden since the 60's has brought a net loss. Surely you do not think this is even remotely true? I mean "the fact that more money is spent on immigration than earned" is such a colossal pile of bullshit i'm not sure what to say. How is that "fact"? When was this established? How was this established?

Sweden with her ageing population needs immigrants a lot more than immigrants need Sweden.

Chuckie

J. M. Romeo said:
Even though this issue hits close to home here and I really dislike this situation, I trust the ability of our fellow gaffers to keep it civil.

Topics about Gypsies, Batman, Christina Hendricks and circumcision never remain civil my friend.

Bento

jorma said:
When i read this i sort of interpret this as if you think that immigration to Sweden since the 60's has brought a net loss. Surely you do not think this is even remotely true? I mean "the fact that more money is spent on immigration than earned" is such a colossal pile of bullshit i'm not sure what to say. How is that "fact"? When was this established? How was this established?

Sweden with her ageing population needs immigrants a lot more than immigrants need Sweden.
Hmm... Maybe I expressed my self clumsily.

No, I don't think immigration has been a net loss for Sweden as there are many examples in modern times that it has helped whether it has been from Iran, Italy, Norway or Argentina. I also support continued immigration but with an emphasize on skilled labor. Nor do I think more money is being spent then earned (and there is in fact proof that immigration overall is beneficial to Sweden economically even in a short term perspective through improved trading relationships with foreign countries). What I'm saying in my previous post is that when minorities does cost more then they bring in, as has been the case of gypsies and Somalians, tensions begin to rise. I'm not even saying this is a fair sentiment as especially Somalians have an incredible disadvantage of often having gone through horribly traumatic events and/or lack any sort of education. But it happens and not only in Sweden but in the rest of Europe.

Now my solution to this is not to simply raise our hands in defeat (but neither do I think this is something we can simply talk away and therefore despise the distraction that is "taking the debate") but to create policies which stimulates growth and employment especially within sectors that require unskilled labor. Also education and continued investment turning our presently unskilled workforce into a skilled one is a necessity (which is why I think the cuts to Comvux is really fucking dumb).

EDIT:

Also I believe we should try and encourage exchange students that are studying engineering and medicine to stay and work in Sweden after graduating, which is why I think adding a fee for foreign students is stupid since it discourages poor students (who are probably more willing to stay and enjoy our living standard) to attend our schools. We're not that attractive to western academics considering our high tax rates so trying to appeal to those who might like the security our system provides wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Kurtofan

YoungHav said:
How about spain go out and rape and colonize again to make up for the welfare income being siphoned from them? Booeffinhoo!
The colonization card is really really stupid.
Like it's our fault bad things happened in the past.
And it has nothing to do with the subject?

YoungHav

Banned
Kurtofan said:
The colonization card is really really stupid.
Like it's our fault bad things happened in the past.
It's not like you don't benefit from it. Spain isn't a 3rd world country now is it? I just find it ironic that you guys are crying about illegal immigrants invading your space and resources.

jorma

is now taking requests
bento ok fair enough then. And i think that you did indeed express yourself a bit clumsily yes ;)

SmokyDave

YoungHav said:
It's not like you don't benefit from it. Spain isn't a 3rd world country now is it? I just find it ironic that you guys are crying about illegal immigrants invading your space and resources.
There are so many ways that your logic can be abused that I genuinely do not know where to begin.

Kurtofan

YoungHav said:
I'm not Spanish,but which country didn't do something bad in its history to gain money and influence?

jorma said:

No one knows that, the government won't even reveal how much the yearly cost is for immigration.

I think that is a myth.

YoungHav

Banned
In all seriousness, why is there a lot of animus towards gypsies? I hear about stuff in France and Spain involving them (i think FR recently raided and controversially deported a gypsy ghetto?). Should I just trust what Wiki says on the matter? (I'm ignorant, we don't have a gypsy problem in The States).
Kurtofan said:
I'm not Spanish,but which country didn't do something bad in its history to gain money and influence?
I just wanted to get some trolling in before noon!

Bento

Copycat_Wannabe said:
No one knows that, the government won't even reveal how much the yearly cost is for immigration.

I think that is a myth.
I would believe the reason why the government doesn't "reveal" the cost of immigration is the same as why they don't "reveal" the revenue of said immigration. It seems like a really big task to make a comprehensive report that details the revenue and/or costs of immigration. Economy is multifaceted and all that. So I'm kind of glad they don't waste time on that since some of the costs we do end up with are so glaringly obvious in the form of people in unemployment that I'd rather see them deal with that immediately. Also some costs like Healthcare, Education and Retirement are so intertwined with the rest of the population that it probably would be better to make a separate federal investigation on into how we can make our welfare more cost efficient instead of figuring out how much of said cost immigrants represent (or we could act upon the hundredsofbloodyfuckingthousands of investigations already done).

Guess what I'm trying to say is that we already do enough federal investigations that gets us nowhere and another one, but this time regarding immigration, will only once again lead us to nowhere. Would rather see us demand ideas and action from our elected politicians instead of allowing them to delay actually having to work by pushing the responsibility over to some bureaucrat investigator.

The parents of the 10 year old should lose custody of the kid and the grandkid, no money for them. The 10 year old obviously deserves welfare, shes too young for this to be her fault.

YoungHav said:
In all seriousness, why is there a lot of animus towards gypsies? I hear about stuff in France and Spain involving them (i think FR recently raided and controversially deported a gypsy ghetto?). Should I just trust what Wiki says on the matter? (I'm ignorant, we don't have a gypsy problem in The States).

popcorn.gif

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-The-10-year-old-baby-13-year-old-cousin.html
For this is Elena Chiritescu, the ten-year-old gipsy girl who became one of the world’s youngest mothers when she gave birth naturally to 6lb 6oz baby Nicoleta.

The picture was taken when she was three months pregnant. At her side is her 13-year-old cousin Gheorghe Mecic, the baby’s father. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the pair are no longer a couple.

Today the Daily Mail publishes these first pictures of the feckless parents and can exclusively reveal details of their doomed relationship, including how after she became pregnant aged nine, their mothers allowed them to live as ‘husband and wife’.

Elena and Gheorghe were raised as siblings by their grandmother in the Romanian capital of Bucharest after their mothers fled abroad to escape the grinding poverty.

Despite looking older than her years, officials have confirmed Elena was born in April 2000.
article-0-0BEE96A2000005DC-533_468x637.jpg

article-0-0BEE9615000005DC-324_468x286.jpg

Binabik15

jamesinclair said:
Hes 13 and has a beard?

Shes 10 and looks 15?

WTF are they feeding these kids

I don´t know, gypsy years don´t work like dog years. Or do they?

No, seriously, I´ve seen a couple of boys of a "darker" complexion (Turkish, Persian etc, every ethnicity that can get a tan from looking at a light bulb) with beard shadows as early as ten. My Turkish friend had dark hairs on his upper lip in elementary school! The girl´s body might be because of all the hormones pumping through her, though being able to become pregnant at that age is sort of crazy in itself. The face looks plastered in make-up, so hard to tell her age from that. Maybe they´re not really that young, kind of hard to prove probably, it´s not like their parents got birth certificates for them usually.

PS: I hope I won´t look as old as those 30 y/o grannies in my FOURTIES, jeez.

Edit: Scratch that, men age good. Make that SIXTIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom