• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 Linking is LIVE! Share your profiles for other GAFfers to follow.

Big thank you to Pancho for the thread idea.

Rock Band 3 linking has gone live, and you too can share all your glory (and shame) of playing plastic (and now real) instruments!

Rock Band Website said:
Once you've linked your RockBand.com account with your Rock Band 3 game, you can log in to RockBand.com and click on My Gameplay. You should see your career progress in a meter. You'll see your career score, number of current fans, and your career plus DLC score. You can also view your progress on all the Rock Band 3 goals, and your activity feed will show all your Rock Band 3 actions like cool gear you've won, setlist you've created or played, and more.

This is a great way to keep track of fellow GAFfers, share setlists, achievements, and to see how much better (and many times, worse) you are compared to other board members.

You can get your account linking code from the pop up menu in Rock Band 3. Go to the website linked in the OP picture logo and link your game up.

NOTE: If you have already linked your RB2 game, you must UNLINK your game and then put in the link code from Rock Band 3 to get access to all the tracking.

To start things off (and I will try to update this as often as I can remember)
I changed this a bit since the OP, but to simplify the updating of this list, if you could please give a link to your RockBand profile, then a link to your gamertag/PSN ID (with platform of choice so I dont have to guess). Some have done this, and thank you for making it easy. And thank you to all for posting information.

GAFFERS:
Phonciplebone
(ROCKBAND) http://www.rockband.com/users/phonciplebone79
(XBOX LIVE) PhoncipleBone79

RockBand Profiles(click the username for the RB link,):
Plaguefox
BenjaminBirdie
Pancho
Firehawk
jgkspsx
navanman_gaf
Psychotext
drmcclin
Monkeylord
Remy
GCQuinton
Genchi
DarkCloud
mrklaw

Xbox Gamertags (GAF name on left, gamertag on right)
PhoncipleBone = PhoncipleBone79
BenjaminBirdie = Kidinsomnia
Plaguefox = Plaguefox
Firehawk12 = firehawk1234
Monkeylord = MonkeylordUK
GCQuinton = Wsv771
DarkCloud = DarkCloud12X

PSN Usersnames (GAF name on left, PSN ID on right)
Pancho = Danny-kun
Navanman = navanman_gaf
drmcclin = FlashFlooder
Remy = RemyVJA
Yeef = Yeef
MrKlaw = MrKlaw

jgkspsx

If you're having problems with the website, make sure you have www in the address.

http://www.rockband.com/users/jgkspsx

Hey guys, please include the www or it won't work, at least with some browsers. Something's funny in their server setup.

So my data is rather out of date. How long does it take to sync everything?

fernoca

Yeah.
Site still says (2 days ago) I'm like halfway through the Bus Road Challenge, when I'm halfway through the Hall of Fame Challenge (as of a few hours ago).

It's also weird, because in my case, when I use 'www.' it directs me to the International site.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
navanman said:
Try this link. Its shows the link to "Well Connected" page and will give you the achievement.
http://www.rockband.com/international

Hrm, well, hope that works. :lol

Nope, played a couple of songs and nothing. Weird. :(

Wow, now when I go to my profile it says I'm not linked... and then when I try to link again, it tells me my code has already been used.

God damn... whatever happened to just plain leaderboards?

Great - it looks like it created this account: http://www.rockband.com/users/firehawk1234__FWDT4K7DQJ

Oh websites.

jgkspsx

I did the international thing and now it won't unlink OR link. Aw cmon.

EDIT: Oh, I see. It's your gamertag plus your account linking code. Brilliant.

Please don't tell anybody to use the international version again, OK?

This website is such a total cluster.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Linked my account, got the achievement, and it still hasn't updated since I first linked. Still says I only have 300 fans and 5 of the basic RB goals unlocked... GAH!

Gamertag MonkeylordUK http://www.rockband.com/users/MonkeylordUK

Also, the Facebook linking doesn't work. I'm getting sick of clicking on links on the RB website and being confronted with a "Oops, looks like we rocked too hard" error message.

Yeef

AvidNobody said:
Pretty cool idea, now no more getting proof and stuff like that for FCs :) everything is recorded!
Not necessarily true. There's tons of goals that I have completed that are showing up as incomplete on the site. It's mostly guitar-related ones. I haven't played guitar at all since linking, so hopefully next time I do it'll fix itself.

Updated the OP with all the information in the thread so far. I also changed a lil bit about posting info for those coming late, just to make it simpler to keep the OP list up to date and refreshed quicker.

I added the "www" to some of the RB site links to help prevent the issues many are having with it. Just remember when linking that RB page, it likes it with "www" at the front for some reason.

Thank you to all for posting information. If you do not see your gamertag or PSN id listed, it is because I did not see it. If you do not want it listed, please let me know so I can delete it.

EDIT: While trying to follow some one here, there are quite a few that are not linked with RB3 yet. I know some have had issues linking, but those that did get a code, dont forget to UNLINK your RB2 game, then relink using the RB3 code to properly see everything online.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GAF: mrklaw
RB: Mrklaw http://www.rockband.com/users/Mrklaw
PSN: MrKlaw

How does this work in-game? If I add everyone in rockband 3 or rockband.com will they show up as setlists etc in game, or do I need to add you as PSN friends? It'd be a shame if it was limited to your specific platform - as its web-based I should be able to see setlists/other info from 360/wii or PS3 all together.

jgkspsx

PhoncipleBone said:
EDIT: While trying to follow some one here, there are quite a few that are not linked with RB3 yet. I know some have had issues linking, but those that did get a code, dont forget to UNLINK your RB2 game, then relink using the RB3 code to properly see everything online.
I was linked on the international site due to taking bad advice, but it's fixed now.

I don't see a way to "unlink" from RB2. I also think that Rock Central has not been updating the website since Friday.

Still can't register with the site. Every time I try it goes to the fail screen "Whoops, something went wrong we're trying to fix it"

It's been like this for a week.

Hydranockz said:
Why does one need to unlink their RB2 game and why is this even needed?
Because your RB3 career updates will not post online then. With the RB3 linking you can create and share setlists and battles online. You can look at your career achievements and song scores, along with those that you follow. It is rather nice how much information they put on the site. Once you put in the RB3 code (after unlinking the RB2 one), it will take a little bit of time to update the info.

Also, easy achievement in the game!

jgkspsx said:
I don't see a way to "unlink" from RB2. I also think that Rock Central has not been updating the website since Friday.
When you go to the "link" erm...link on the site, it will say you are already linked. On that page there should be a button that says "unlink game." That should get rid of the link to RB2. Then just click the "link my game" button again to input your RB3 code. If the site is not being annoying that is.

mrklaw said:
How does this work in-game? If I add everyone in rockband 3 or rockband.com will they show up as setlists etc in game, or do I need to add you as PSN friends? It'd be a shame if it was limited to your specific platform - as its web-based I should be able to see setlists/other info from 360/wii or PS3 all together.

I havent looked to see if setlists show up or not in the game itself, but I dont think they will. It would be VERY nice if the people you follow on the website would show up in game as well, even if on a different platform.

Also, I added your information to the OP.

Linking is pretty much useless. All these games lately have less functionality online than GH3; why can't they just give me a spreadsheet of my scores and owned DLC?

The website is showing this message for me "You’ve linked to Rock Band 3 but we haven't seen you play yet!" despite the fact that I finished 2 or 3 road challenges while hooked to Live after linking it. I don't think I got the achievement either.

butter_stick said:
Linking is pretty much useless. All these games lately have less functionality online than GH3; why can't they just give me a spreadsheet of my scores and owned DLC?
A spreadsheet is probably something that will come eventually, considering just how much the site shows now.

And linking is pretty cool I think. It is nice to see how many others on here are doing and see how you compare to their ability. I also get a good idea of where people's music taste lies by looking at their profile on the RB website.

GuitarAtomik said:
The website is showing this message for me "You’ve linked to Rock Band 3 but we haven't seen you play yet!" despite the fact that I finished 2 or 3 road challenges while hooked to Live after linking it. I don't think I got the achievement either.
It takes a lil bit before the achievement shows up. Did you link, then play the challenges? It took some time for stuff to appear that I did after linking, but all the stuff I did pre-linking showed up almost instantly. I also know the site is slow this past two days, so that might be an issue as well.

butter_stick said:
Linking is completely necessary if you're OCD about Gamerscore and didn't realise that calibrating was worth 4GS. That shit should be banned.

Of course, it's no good linking if the achievement never unlocks.

PhoncipleBone said:
It takes a lil bit before the achievement shows up. Did you link, then play the challenges? It took some time for stuff to appear that I did after linking, but all the stuff I did pre-linking showed up almost instantly. I also know the site is slow this past two days, so that might be an issue as well.

Yeah, I did it a few days ago and still nothing. I had completed a bunch of stuff before linking as well and none of that is there either. It's just a blank slate.

EDIT: I should also note that I was linked to RB2 but it didn't give me any trouble linking to RB3 beforehand.

GuitarAtomik said:
Yeah, I did it a few days ago and still nothing. I had completed a bunch of stuff before linking as well and none of that is there either. It's just a blank slate.
I think the site is just bogged down again. It is rather annoying. Is it like Harmonix sacked most of their good IT staff or something? I wouldn't think the traffic to the site was THAT bad.

Looking at my profile it still only shows stuff from 3 days ago and nothing I did the last two days. Perhaps an issue with the site getting the info from Xbox Live or PSN servers? Who knows.

EDITED RESPONSE TO YOUR EDIT: Did you ever unlink from RB2? Because it showed nothing for me until I unlinked then relinked with just RB3.

PhoncipleBone said:
EDITED RESPONSE TO YOUR EDIT:Did you ever unlink from RB2? Because it showed nothing for me until I unlinked then relinked with just RB3.

I'll have to try that when I get home today. Hopefully that works.

Following all the links in the OP as of 08/11/10 (19:00).

Hopefully it'll start updating soon cos I'm sick of seeing I only have 300 fans and next to nothing done when I have a damn sight more than that.

Also, I've found that once you incur the "oops, we rocked too hard" website error message then you will continue to receive it until you exit the browser. DAMMIT!

Monkeylord said:
Following all the links in the OP as of 08/11/10 (19:00).

Hopefully it'll start updating soon cos I'm sick of seeing I only have 300 fans and next to nothing done when I have a damn sight more than that.

Also, I've found that once you incur the "oops, we rocked too hard" website error message then you will continue to receive it until you exit the browser. DAMMIT!

That's just ridiculous.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ok, it's great that you can follow people directly on rockband.com, but it's a shame that platforms get in the way. Eg, benjaminbirdie's setlist has 'buy for xbox' next to some tracks. I'm guessing it's tracks it knows I don't have, but if it's so smart, it should know I have a PS3.

And if I'm following someone, i'd like the ability to tag a setlist and have it appear in my game, otherwise I have to manually create it which seems unnecessary. Plus if a friend has a setlist that has DLC I don't own, that's a potential upsell for Harmonix, so they should encourage more seamless sharing of set ists between people.

jgkspsx

PhoncipleBone said:
When you go to the "link" erm...link on the site, it will say you are already linked. On that page there should be a button that says "unlink game." That should get rid of the link to RB2. Then just click the "link my game" button again to input your RB3 code. If the site is not being annoying that is.
I have linked and unlinked about ten times.

However, my RB.com user account was created for the Wii, and my RB3 profile is for 360. For what that's worth.

Top Bottom