• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

h2LWX.jpg

jVJYj.jpg

Welcome to the first GT5 NeoGAF Racing League. It is my intention to make this a friendly competition, while at the same time maintaining the thrills and emotions
real race drivers face on similar competitions. This will be a team race league, you are allowed to partner with friends or make a mixed team with random gaffers.
All players, of all skills, are encouraged to join as long as you are committed to do a clean race and above all, to have fun.
Keep in mind that nothing on this thread is final, and it will most likely go through changes. Any feedback is more then welcome.

»»»»»» REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!! ««««««
To register into the NRL all you have to do is fill out this form:

NRL Registration Form

You can register even during the middle of the league. We always need new drivers. Just make sure you read all the rules before registering. They're listed below.​

HZ9bp.jpg

General Rules:
  • A race will be made of 12 players, 2 players per team, 6 teams on the league.
  • Each team must have one captain. It's with this captain that all matters concerning the team will be discussed.
  • Members of a team can drive different cars.
  • Team colors are encouraged, but it's not mandatory.
  • Teams are encouraged to make a small banner (300x60), but it's not mandatory.
  • If for some reason a team does not have enough players to participate in a race, substitute drivers will be used, but the team will have a point penalty.
  • Races are meant to be taken seriously, don't use other players as breaks, don't block harmless overtakes, don't ram other players.
  • The occasional bump WILL happen, and it's perfectly legal, but penalties and even disqualifications will be issued if we think you are harming the race/league.
Race regulations:
  • Driving Line Off
  • No Skid Recovery Force
  • No Active Steering
  • No ASM
  • TCS allowed
  • ABS allowed
  • Tires: Racing (Any)
  • Penalty: Off
  • Damage: Light
  • Grip reduction: Real
Server/Racing Etiquette:
  • Server will be a hosted Private Lounge on the PSN account "GT5NRL". Every member needs to add that account to the friends list in order to join the lounge.

• Voice chat will be disabled to save bandwidth.

• Due to a game bug sometimes players get de-synchronized with the server and become invisible. To fix this problem we ask that during the preparation time and before qualifying, when the race organizer says it's time to synch, everyone should enter the race, but NOT go into Free Run mode, remain in the pits. We will then see if players are seeing the full grid or not and ask the necessary players to leave the track and rejoin until everyone is visible. We also ask that to chat as little as possible during this time to avoid confusion.

• Qualifying starts after an announced 1 lap race. We do this to reset the times so that qualifying works with no problems. After that 1 lap race finishes, once you are back in the lounge you can re-enter the track right away and start posting your times.

• Be extra careful during the first lap and specially during the first corner. The track will be packed and it's easy to get into a big crash.
    Remember, you'll be ruining the race for someone else as well.

• If a crash happens, when returning to the track, pay attention to see if someone else is passing and don't go immediately into the typical racing line, stay away from it until you gained some decent speed. The same applies when leaving the pits.

• If you are being lapped by a much faster player, don't move aside to let him pass, he's the one that has to overtake you. This doesn't mean however that you should intentionally block him, just keep to your regular driving line.

• If your car is damaged and extremely slow please move away from the regular driving line to avoid further crashes from faster players.

hgfAc.jpg

• A race will take place every other weekend on a Saturday.
  • Each race will last approximately 1 hour. (5minutes for preparations, 10 minutes qualifying, 30 minutes race)
  • Actual race times will change to give everyone a chance to race.

Shg1a.png

(You can click an event to go to it's respective Preview or check the Race Results and replay files)
(Due to the different time zones, late times, such as 02:00AM, can actually be on the next day, so just click the Schedule in the respective Event to see a proper countdown with the exact date and time)

e4HyP.png

Team Rankings are based on the sum of each members individual points gained during the races. Individual Rankings are based on the ratio between the number of points gained and the number of races the player participated in. Substitute racers will only gain points for their individual ranking and are not counted towards the team ranking.
  • Team Rankings:
ChesL.jpg

• Individual Rankings:
VBNSQ.jpg

9i5tp.jpg

f3rOI.png

Super Metallic Red
SKgcL.png
4EqGS.png
Zm8wT.png
7LV43.png

• UFRA - (Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08)
  • brentech - (Mazda RX-8 Type S '07)
  • Konosuke - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05)
  • h3ro - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)

JiHfo.png

New Indy Yellow Pearl
RXFMT.png
qA10z.png
jokXE.png
qA10z.png

• SunhiLegend - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)
  • Lion heart - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
  • Dibbz - (Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C5) '04)
  • Firewire - (N/A)

VDF9r.png

Cosmos Blue Metallic
qA10z.png
Knph1.png
pS5u9.png
bivS4.png

• Metalmurphy - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Angst - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Niks - (Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02)
  • gutterboy44 - (Ferrari 512BB '76)

9Tjdu.png

Orange
dmLUg.png
lf3w0.png
SRm9r.png
qA10z.png

• Mush - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07)
  • Toxa - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99)
  • Kaze13 - (Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08)
  • Lead Farmer - (N/A)

CSXfK.png

Matte Black
juD1n.png
CotUN.png
ma3MT.png
qA10z.png

• weekend_warrior - (BMW 135i Coupe '07)
  • ashk - (BMW M3 Coupe ‘07)
  • Dead Man - (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06)
  • Risk Breaker - (Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08)

qzCNU.png

Brilliant White Pearl (3P)
dXJg2.png
kHgDe.png
qA10z.png
qA10z.png

• Schmitty - (Audi TTS Coupe '09)
  • BroseyBrose - (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION ‘99)
  • CozMick - (Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08) [INACTIVE]
  • vissione - (Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05) [INACTIVE]

IDc4x.jpg

The first NeoGAF Racing League will allow any car that meets the following requirements:
  • Stock cars only. (No Race cars, RMs or LMs)
  • Powered 414 BHP or under
  • Weighted over 1100 Kg
  • Racing tires: Soft/Medium/Hard
  • Special cars with hidden specifications are NOT allowed
  • You are allowed to tune the cars, as well as make changes to it through out the League, as long as it still meets the specifications.

is8bh.jpg

LhQbo.png
p7ASB.png
TP7TT.png

2H1qI.png
zuP9h.png
5KZ2T.png

mc8MH.png
9YlQS.png
SQihH.png

Y3Fqy.png
RGeH5.png
VJXRQ.png

pjrCu.png
QyyqB.png
MlQuv.png

kFa3R.png

• Real world and fictitious race tracks will be the stages for this first league.
  • The specific date for each track will be revealed soon before the League starts.

Thanks to Niks for the NRL logos, G Rom and Taxigamer.com for the help with the NRL Trailer and Norante for the overlays!

4IIZY.png

- How this works:
Every month a Reasonably Priced Car will be chosen to be driven on the Top Gear Test Track. Any Neogaffer can then try to set a best time on it,
do well enough and you go on the board. There is no time limit to submit a time, other then the one month that car will be active.
Afterwards the board will be archived and we make a new one for the new car.​

- Are there prizes?
Yes! Yes there are!
At the end of the month, the NeoGAFer with the fastest time, as well as a randomly selected participant, will win a prize. The NeoGAFer with the best time gets to choose ANY purchasable premium car, as well as a limited list of standard cars (currently 500+), to receive as a prize. The randomly selected participant gets a Ticket 1000.
Craving for that F1 car? Here's your chance to get it!​

- How do I submit my time:
Considering there are no Leaderboards at the moment, and when they do go live they'll most likely work on Rolling Starts, we've decided to register the lap times on private lounges hosted by the PSN ID: TG-NRPC. Each member can join the server on 2 different days, and in each day you have 2 individual laps to set the time. The best lap goes on the board.
If you feel ready to set a time simply post here or check if a server moderator is on the chat room.​

- Code of Conduct for the server:
  • In order to be able to join the server, you'll need to add the PSN ID: TG-NRPC
  • Don't forget to favorite the reasonably priced car before you join the server.
  • The car must have NO upgrades at all. The server will have a Power restriction so if your car is upgraded you won't be able to choose it.
  • Once a lounge is up (it will be announced in this post) any Neogaffer is allowed to join, even if they are not going to register a lap.
  • You can go into Free run mode to get warmed up before registering your lap.
  • Once the server moderator announces who will register the lap, every one but that person must go into spectator mode.
  • After each lap the replay will be saved, when the 2 laps are done everyone is allowed to go back into free run mode.

- Regulations locked by server:
  • Oil trick is not allowed!
  • Driving Line Off
  • No Skid Recovery Force
  • No Active Steering
  • No TCS
  • No ASM
  • Stock tires (What the car has when you buy it)
  • Penalty: Weak
  • Grip reduction: Real

- The reasonably priced car for this month (February 2011):
CeNLt.jpg

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01 [143 BHP]
1BiTb.png

(click lap times to download the replay file)
dQ8uk.png

78Kje.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This h3ro/firewire rivalry knows no bounds! And I'm in. Keep in touch and add me if you want. I need more GT5 fiends.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm in!

I set the world record in porsche challange on ps1. even won my self a sony tv, playstation 1, 10 games and 2 memory cars because of my leet skills :p

lets see if I can do it again :D

Omiee

im in baby im in, man i can NOT wait to play with you guys online.
man nurburgring 24h track with weather and time is gonna be freaking awesome.
also we should have an online lobby with 16 players on the top gear track or what ever and have people set times one by one.

Az

Yes, I've been waiting for this, sub'd. One small suggestion, one race every other month? We should make it at least once a month.

I have 3 sub'd threads right now, and all are GT5 related. =D

Edit: ahh week, that makes more sense

Niks

Depending the amount of people interested we could even set up a knockout league?
Just throwing ideas out there.
;)

Oh man, I just noticed the stig is so poorly photoshopped :lol

My other monitor is so dark I didn't even notice it, but now that I'm on my laptop, ugh... Gotta fix that tomorrow.

Teknoman

Going to be cool if spectator works the way I think it will. Then other team members can watch the race take place and learn what/what not to do, as well as see some nice races.

Mobius 1

Metalmurphy said:
Oh man, I just noticed the stig is so poorly photoshopped :lol

My other monitor is so dark I didn't even notice it, but now that I'm on my laptop, ugh... Gotta fix that tomorrow.

Check your PM for the tentative race replay overlays.

Thread strated with Ayrton Senna quote = WIN

Senna was my hero, good choice for the quote.

Alright bitches, shit is going down in this league. Let´s see if i can keep up the pace i had during the Time Trial.

Juicy Bob

I'm going to be following this one. I'm a clean racer and I'm looking forward to some good battles with you all!

Edit: Anyone in AU/NZ want to form an Oceanian team?

h3ro

All kidding aside, I'm definitely interested in running in the SuperGT series with a bunch of you guys.

Gaffer in a reasonably priced car is going to bring some laughs as well. :D

EL Beefo

I saw a lot of RX-7 owners in the last thread. Anybody want to start up a rotary only team? There's premium FC's, FD's, and FE's, plus a 787B and two RE Amemiya FD's so we would have a car for most occasions.

h3ro

EL Beefo said:
I saw a lot of RX-7 owners in the last thread. Anybody want to start up a rotary only team? There's premium FC's, FD's, and FE's, plus a 787B and two RE Amemiya FD's so we would have a car for most occasions.

rotary. :lol

One of the mods mentioned a "Drive what you Drive in real life" series in the Rage Fap thread, that might be a fun diversion every now and then.

paskowitz

You should add the Steve McQueen quote: "When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "

Teknoman

Frawdder said:
Awesome! Looking forward to this, hopefully I won't be bringing up the rear.

-viper- said:
i'm down but i fear i suck too much. my lap times in prologue are terrible.

As long as we dont end up in a 16 car pileup :lol

Once everyone gets a feel for the tracks, there shouldnt be too much of a gap.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Count me in.

Hmm, to use an old Logitech Steering Wheel from GT3/4 days, or see what's around now...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
are there any plans for a general GT5 online thread? eg to share PSN IDs and arrange ad-hoc races for those less capable of committing to a full league?

Teknoman

mrklaw said:
are there any plans for a general GT5 online thread? eg to share PSN IDs and arrange ad-hoc races for those less capable of committing to a full league?

There should be, especially for Rally and Go Kart stuff.

Fixed1979

I'm in 100%. Looking for a team! I'm guessing this won't get going until a bit after release so people can get some cars collected and figure out the tracks? iRacing on it's last month subscription...for now.

Flek

Banned
love the top gear thing, had the same idea actually :)

it would be funny if everyone who wants to be on the top gear list uses a famous name too.

1.34.3 (W) - Clarkson aka Flek

Chris R

Racing league sounds too complicated with the teams business, but I'm guessing with how popular the game will be there will plenty of other splinter leagues that can go on at the same time (I'd probably slot in nicely into a semi-pro driving level league).

Bi-monthly seems like a VERY long time for the lap board. I'd prefer something like bi-weekly or monthly at the most, but whatever.

Top Bottom