• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Mush

Also peeps, be on the look out for the Super GT League, which MM will post whenever he gets the chance to. Sign ups are coming soon, so reserve your Skyline now!

Angst

I want to participate, but sadly none of my IRL friends is dedicated enough to be a team mate. So I guess I'll have to just try for the ordinary car timetrials. :-(

Absinthe

I'm in.

Looking forward to some real competition finally. All my friends IRL suck at GT, they're more the NFS type.

Don't have a team, but after we do some practice times hopefully I can get on one.

UFRA

Wow, fantastic setup here Metalmurphy.

Sounds like it will be great. I'm glad it doesn't start until next year. I always loved GT career modes, and I'd hate to jump online right away.

Can't wait for this!

Angst said:
I want to participate, but sadly none of my IRL friends is dedicated enough to be a team mate. So I guess I'll have to just try for the ordinary car timetrials. :-(

but seriously, if people need team mates I am sure there are plenty of gaffers to go around.

I am definitly down for the time trials event.

I think i'll pass on the team stuff, since despite loving all GT games im pretty terrible at them.

Jal

Definitely up for some Gaffer in a reasonably priced car, have to see if im decent enough to compete for the league.

turnbuckle

This is gonna be my first GT game (and sim racing game, actually) so I'll have to give it some time to see if I wouldn't just be embarrassing myself by signing up :lol

spats said:
The Spyker C8 Laviolette is in.

Oh yeah my fault. Looked at an old list. Too bad it's standard i would like to see that ridiculous interiour :lol

Aileron_Interior_1.jpg

Az

I am really excited for this. So the first thing we are doing is the reasonable price car? Should be tons of fun.

We could do something quick the first weekend after it releases.

TheAzRim said:
I am really excited for this. So the first thing we are doing is the reasonable price car? Should be tons of fun.

We could do something quick the first weekend after it releases.

The plan is to do Track Day servers for NeoGAF members only.

EL Beefo

Are the reasonably priced car races supposed to be every other week like the races too? Once every other month is a long time to set a lap time.

kerrak

Lonesome nights, waking up early, working all day, coming home and nobody is waiting for me... Does that sound like an excerpt from your life too? I want a new relationship. Are you a man/woman who wants to start the team of your dreams?
I'm a very loyal and clean man. I'll try to make you proud of your choice.
Note: only smoke i tolerate is from tires spinning.:D

Firewire

Banned
kerrak said:
Lonesome nights, waking up early, working all day, coming home and nobody is waiting for me... Does that sound like an excerpt from your life too? I want a new relationship. Are you a man who wants to start the team of your dreams?
I'm a very loyal and clean man. I'll try to make you proud of your choice.
Note: only smoke i tolerate is from tires spinning.:D

I think you an h3ro where made for each other.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, I just need to get the game first :D

You are going with standards, right? Premium only is a bit of a cash grind and a bit insane when it comes to power.

Frankly, it should be both. Gives a good mix of power + cheap-car-buying so everyone can get in.

EL Beefo said:
Are the reasonably priced car races supposed to be every other week like the races too? Once every other month is a long time to set a lap time.

No. Once a month is reasonable given Top Gear JUST NOW (this year) replaced their car with the Kia Cee'D after the Chevy Lancia of five-six years was retired.

Lagspike_exe said:
I'm willing to race if you accept drivers with bad driving skills and with DualShock controllers:lol .

Like it's said in the OP, as long as you don't act like a dick when racing all drivers are welcome.

Metalmurphy said:
There's no problem in one team having members from only one country, but don't expect all the teams to be like that.

Fair enough, just a thought. Is there a short list for the RPC yet?

UFRA

Another question about NRPC - Can we attempt to beat the top time as much as we want, or do we only get to submit 1 time and then it's final?

i.e. If I think I have a good time and I submit it and I get on the board, then Firewire comes along and beats it, can I go back and try to beat him or is it going to be like Top Gear and just dealwithit.gif?

MikeDub said:
Fair enough, just a thought. Is there a short list for the RPC yet?
No because the choice will be made depending on how reasonably price it actually is in in-game credits :p

UFRA said:
Another question about NRPC - Can we attempt to beat the top time as much as we want, or do we only get to submit 1 time and then it's final?

i.e. If I think I have a good time and I submit it and I get on the board, then Firewire comes along and beats it, can I go back and try to beat him or is it going to be like Top Gear and just dealwithit.gif?
I was just thinking about that yesterday. Tbh I don't know yet. Maybe we'll make a pool to see what people prefer.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
I was just thinking about that yesterday. Tbh I don't know yet. Maybe we'll make a pool to see what people prefer.

That would be a good idea. IMO we should kinda mix both ideas. Allow people to try as many times as they want to get their best lap (unlike Top Gear), however once you decide to submit your time to the final board that's it - you're done for the cycle with that specific car and can't submit another time until we're on to a new car (like Top Gear).

This would make things a little more tense, and put pressure on people to give a good effort since you only can submit 1 time to the board per car.

Top Bottom