• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Rewards Program: Starting December 1, 2010

fernoca

Well, sorry if this was posted. (Search only brought me results of the Pilot Program of it)
Apparently the Rewards program starts "tomorrow" (seeing how it's Dec. 01 in a few areas already).

Just register, spend Microsoft Points, renew Live and do monthly surveys; etc. and you get Microsoft Points deposited to your account and other things.

Info
(Can't register at the moment, since it starts "tomorrow"; so either Dec.1 or Dec. 2)

NOTE: At the moment, seems to be only for the 50 states in the US and UK.
Open to residents of 50 United States (including District of Columbia) and United Kingdom, 18 years and older. See Terms and Conditions for details
Freaking sucks! :p

2hz0cr8.png

Source: Xbox Twitter
Get ready to earn w/ Xbox LIVE Rewards! Tomorrow, join and earn additional benefits & Microsoft points. #XLR http://xbx.lv/fzN2yf

Nelo Ice

Banned
wonder what it'll take to earn all 15k during 1 year

saw this in terms and conditions
The maximum number of Microsoft Points a participant can earn during a twelve (12) month period is fifteen thousand (15,000).

parasight said:
Says UK and US. Fuck. Would it kill MS to include Canada?

It's not MS fault when it comes to contest, prize program and such since there are rules that govern by local government. I remember when they have 1vs100, there were some states in the US that you can not win prizes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Such a shameless ripoff of the Playstation rewards, at least they give you cash for doing this shit as opposed to Sony's crap-tacular avatar's for PSN id's with "SELECT!" under them.

However, the money value for these things is :lol

How about giving me 1,000 MS points and fixing my 360, MS? No? Can't care then.

And the site not being on X-box.com makes me REALLY leery about signing up with my .net passport/X-box Live account at that site. I'll pass, thanks.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
TheSeks said:
Such a shameless ripoff of the Playstation rewards, at least they give you cash for doing this shit as opposed to Sony's crap-tacular avatar's for PSN id's with "SELECT!" under them.

However, the money value for these things is :lol

How about giving me 1,000 MS points and fixing my 360, MS? No? Can't care then.

And the site not being on X-box.com makes me REALLY leery about signing up with my .net passport/X-box Live account at that site. I'll pass, thanks.
Took long enough for the first guy to complain about MS giving FREE money to LIVE subscribers.

DMczaf said:
I don't want the 10 points only because I hate having an odd amount of MS Points

That is my biggest gripe about MS points. I always buy some add-on and have odd point number. Then when I want something, I'm always short. 10 MS points not really worth it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
GillianSeed79 said:
I'm having a hard time thinking of what I could actually buy with those rewards. What is 10 points in real money?
Just think of it as 1/8th of the way to a nice, new hat for your avatar!

LiK

Saw the tweet and was wondering wtf it was about. Seems like a good idea. Who doesn't like free MS Points?

onken

LiK said:
Saw the tweet and was wondering wtf it was about. Seems like a good idea. Who doesn't like free MS Points?

Spending 5-10 minutes filling out a survey is not "free". I don't know about you but I value my time at more than a dollar an hour.

Firestorm

25 CENTS FOR DOING A SURVEY?
FUCK YEAH

Edit: Woah 12.5 cents if you spend $9? And I can do that every month? EVEN BETTER! I mean, I'd much rather do that than spend $35 for a year's worth of Live.

Tomasooie

TheSeks said:
Sony's program was announced barely over a month ago, whereas this one has been in pilot phase for over a year.

And a rewards program is hardly anything new anyway...Why would you call this a shameless ripoff?

Saw this on CAG. Jumping through hoops much?

Joartrak said:
4. It will take up to 96 hours after Enrollees perform point earning activities for their corresponding Microsoft Points to appear in the Enrollee’s Account as "pending". An Enrollee needs 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points before the Microsoft Points will be converted to "awarded". Once an Enrollee has 100 or more "pending" Microsoft Points, it will take up to 30 days for such Microsoft Points to appear

A program like this should have existed for a long time, so its good that its here now.

Daigoro

blackMamba1187 said:
Saw this on CAG. Jumping through hoops much?

A program like this should have existed for a long time, so its good that its here now.

yikes. that does kind of suck.

LiK

onken said:
Spending 5-10 minutes filling out a survey is not "free". I don't know about you but I value my time at more than a dollar an hour.

just randomly fill it out. shouldn't take long. i'm in similar programs where i get paid for filling out surveys. pretty quick and easy if you dont take it seriously.

Kusagari

onken said:

If you had enough time to post on this topic you have enough time to fill out a 5 minute survey.

Sew

Kusagari said:
If you had enough time to post on this topic you have enough time to fill out a 5 minute survey.
I think I'd rather be discussing my interests on forums than prostituting my time for a few cents. :p

Gowans

Better than nothing but pretty bad.

They should have tied this to gamerscore n done something interesting rather than jobs to do.

tokkun

LiK said:
can't believe people are complaining, but whatever.

There is a local survey place that sends me $7 cash in the mail for filling out a 1-minute-long survey every once in a while.

Getting payed the equivalent of $0.25 that can only be spent at the company store seems awfully miserly.

LiK

tokkun said:
There is a local survey place that sends me $7 cash in the mail for filling out a 1-minute-long survey every once in a while.

Getting payed the equivalent of $0.25 that can only be spent at the company store seems awfully miserly.

sure, but it's optional.

Top Bottom