• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Triple Pack Confirmed (Triple???)

Gowans

Experience Gaming’s Biggest Saga from the Beginning with the “Gears of War Triple Pack” Feb. 15

New compilation offers unprecedented value with both award-winning “Gears of War” titles and the complete “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” Game Add-on

CARY, NC, JANUARY 18, 2011 — For gamers who haven’t yet experienced the first two installments of one of the most celebrated video game franchises in history, Microsoft is making it easier than ever to jump into the action with the launch of the “Gears of War Triple Pack” on Feb. 15 in the United States.

For half the price of a standard retail game, this compilation includes the award-winning “Gears of War” and “Gears of War 2” along with the “Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection,” which features the sequel’s bonus “Road to Ruin” campaign chapter and 19 additional multiplayer maps. This compelling collection offers new players a chance to experience the first two installments of the award-winning franchise before the launch of this year’s most anticipated blockbuster, “Gears of War 3.” Available for a suggested retail price of $29.99, the “Gears of War Triple Pack” includes a total of 38 explosive maps* and 61 campaign chapters, and every Achievement to date worth a total of 3,000 Gamerscore.

Published by Microsoft Game Studios, the “Gears of War” franchise has won over 50 “Game of the Year” awards, sold more than 12 million copies worldwide and redefined the third-person shooter genre this generation. One of the bestselling Xbox game series of all time, “Gears of War” is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and its riveting multiplayer action makes it one of the most popular titles on Xbox LIVE.

*Five multiplayer maps from the original “Gears of War’s” Multiplayer Map Pack 1 and “Hidden Fronts” Map Pack are not included on disc, but are available for download on Xbox LIVE at no additional charge.

http://www.epicgames.com/news/experience-gamings-biggest-saga-from-the-beginning-with-the-gears-of-war-tr

Triple Pack? What a crap name

kadotsu

Banned
250px-Chad_Warden.jpg

Great name!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I could swear this thread is a duplicate, but after I locked it I couldn't find the original, just the rumour thread from before. If it is a duplicate, someone post the original so I can re-lock it.

Gowans

Stumpokapow said:
I could swear this thread is a duplicate, but after I locked it I couldn't find the original, just the rumour thread from before. If it is a duplicate, someone post the original so I can re-lock it.
yeah I didn't see it anywhere either.

Anyway really odd choice of name.

Z_Y

I hate that the total Gamescore available is a bullet point.

I hate that I'm worried that the 3K gamerpoints available differ from those available in the original editions and DLC. Deep down, I know it isn't. But if MS ever wanted to be truly evil...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
"Available for a suggested retail price of $29.99, the “Gears of War Triple Pack” includes a total of 38 explosive maps* and 61 campaign chapters, and every Achievement to date worth a total of 3,000 Gamerscore."

Really? Really?! I'll laugh if this is a box bulletpoint

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I never finished GoW2 after how many times it crashed on me in campaign.
But 30$? might have to go back to it

jkanownik

Wario64 said:
"Available for a suggested retail price of $29.99, the “Gears of War Triple Pack” includes a total of 38 explosive maps* and 61 campaign chapters, and every Achievement to date worth a total of 3,000 Gamerscore."

I don't see why anyone should be surprised if it is a bulletpoint. There is a demonstrated market for people that care about gamerscore. You could go as far as to say that whoever was designing the box art wouldn't be doing their job correctly if they didn't put that on there.

Wario64 said:

Imagine how hard it must be to get Seriously in Gears 1 (10k kills in Ranked). Fewer players and the ones on these days are probably super dedicated.

Top Bottom