• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War collection being tested now

DaGwaphics

This information was circulated on Twitter by user Idle Sloth following a captured clip from The Infinite Podcast, during an episode which also saw claims surface that 343 Industries has had a hand working on the Indiana Jones game.

Justin Timberlake What GIF

I'm not sure how I should feel about that tidbit. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

This is great news. Assuming that GoW 6 will be coming along, this is probably the perfect way to reinvigorate the player base of the series.

LordCBH

Justin Timberlake What GIF

I'm not sure how I should feel about that tidbit. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

This is great news. Assuming that GoW 6 will be coming along, this is probably the perfect way to reinvigorate the player base of the series.

As long as 343 Shitdustries isn’t making creative decision regarding the campaign it should be fine.

I remember a college friend and I watched the trailers for Gears of War 1 and thought it wasn't going to get any better than that. Absolutely amazing looking game and the last time I truly thought graphics were a generational leap ahead of the previous generation. There was no fucking way that level of detail could have been achieved on OG Xbox.

If multiplayer is included then I'll grab these I imagine. They're great games.

RAIDEN1

So as someone who always skipped Gears, probably watched the video walkthroughs of the early games over the years, what would be the best entry to check to see what the fuss is about?

Fake

So as someone who always skipped Gears, probably watched the video walkthroughs of the early games over the years, what would be the best entry to check to see what the fuss is about?

I started at the 3, but I would also suggest the ultimate.

Gears 3 give you a really short summary about how things happen and already put you in action.

Fredrik

UE5? Oh my. If anyone can do UE5 right it’s The Coalition. Trying and failing to temper my expectations here. This could be awesome! …IF they haven’t broken something or tweaked any designs or removed any environment damage etc…

Shut0wen

I dont get this collection when you can literally play gow2 and gow3 through BC, both games hold up, id get if the multiplayer is all interconnected, gow3 gameplay with the gow1 and 2 maps but fuck them if they bring back the noobie sawed off shotgun

MikeM

Be cool if they launched it with a special console. The Gears Xbox One S is my favourite special edition console. I’d buy another Xbox if they do it.

Fredrik

I dont get this collection when you can literally play gow2 and gow3 through BC, both games hold up, id get if the multiplayer is all interconnected, gow3 gameplay with the gow1 and 2 maps but fuck them if they bring back the noobie sawed off shotgun
The games are recreated in UE5, this should be way more than a BC fps boost or hires bump remaster.
Note: should!
Keep expectations somewhat grounded.
I’m thinking it’s The Coalition trying to learn UE5 with a game that ”doesn’t matter” as much as Gears 6.

ManaByte

Gold Member

fatmarco

If for whatever reason they're actually bothering to make this, then they need to remove those awful PC version levels/the extra Act from Gears of War 1 Ultimate, or at least make them an optional toggle.

That "extra" Act completely ruins the original games' flow for needless padding right when the story is building up for its big climax. It lasts way too long and it also has that awful Brumak boss fight.

Kings Field

Spent many 12 hour gaming sessions on Gears 1 and 2 doing game battles ladder matches with the bros. My favorite MP game series of all time before Judgement.

Also, a Killzone trilogy, a Resistance trilogy, and MGS 4 will take the edge off a bunch of shit not being backwards compatible wherever

Last edited:

Crew511A

No, but it's always fun seeing a few green rats squirm. The timing of this rumour is impeccable, the comedy just writes itself.
Hey now, I still have PTSD from watching Sega go third party. Still, if releasing Halo MCC and Gears on other consoles increased the player base, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Reaseru

Hope they fully remake gears 2 (like gears 1) and release it together with the remastered gears collection. Or a gear collection with visual upgrades and enhancements across all games.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
One of the most consistent franchises out there. Not a bad entry (other than maybe Judgment).

I'd rank them as such:

1. Gears of War 2
  2. Gears 5: Hivebusters
  3. Gears of War 3
  4. Gears 5
  5. Gears of War 4
  6. Gears of War
  7. Gears of War: Judgment
you are a fucking monster.
Obviously its:
fucking trash 5.

Imo the trilogy got better with each game. It's one of my fav trilogies ever, if not most fav. How can any gears fan say anything positive about trash that is 5, I have no idea.
At least we agree - Judgement is the worst :p

Codes 208

you are a fucking monster.
Obviously its:
fucking trash 5.

Imo the trilogy got better with each game. It's one of my fav trilogies ever, if not most fav. How can any gears fan say anything positive about trash that is 5, I have no idea.
At least we agree - Judgement is the worst :p
2 has a better campaign than 3 but overall 3 is definitely the best so…

Yeah, i can agree with this list

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I mean, these games already looked incredible with earlier iterations of the Unreal Engine. Remaking all of them in Unreal Engine 5 should be a tour de force of
graphics and special effects goodness. Can't wait!

Shut0wen

The games are recreated in UE5, this should be way more than a BC fps boost or hires bump remaster.
Note: should!
Keep expectations somewhat grounded.
I’m thinking it’s The Coalition trying to learn UE5 with a game that ”doesn’t matter” as much as Gears 6.
Not gunna lie gow1 remake was poor af, graphics werent that impressive and the only addition they added was tweaked damages for weapons and the ability roll top left, right, bottom left and bottom right and the shit pc dlc

Top Bottom