• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Pharaoh price reduction, partial refunds, paid DLC becomes free, map expansion and new factions through 2024

New price is £29.99 /$39.99 / €39.99.

In addition to Steam and the Total War Store, partial refunds are being offered by:

2Game, DLGamer, Fanatical, Feral Interactive, Gamesplanet, GamesforPC, Gamebillet, Humble Store, Wingamestore for purchases in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
2Game Bahamut, CE Asia, Heybox, H2, SWT and Epicsoft retail partners for purchases in Asia.

We want to make Total War: PHARAOH as engaging as possible and will continue to add updates throughout 2024 to improve the experience. One plan that we’ve always had since the early stages of development on Total War: PHARAOH is to expand the size of our campaign map as a free update, and to introduce even more factions and cultures to the game. We’ll have more to say, and to show, what that looks like in the new year after the High Tide update releases.

Alongside that, we aim to add new features to the game that we know some players have been asking for, and others that we think will make the Total War: PHARAOH experience even better, such as: Mortality & Succession for faction leaders, New mechanics alongside the new cultures and territories (Royal Traditions, Legacies, Court), improvement to battles and unit variety, and more.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Gimme dat blood pack, Ive been waiting on that. (Unless its already out honestly havent been paying close attention).

For whatever reason I cant play a Total War game until the blood pack drops. It just grinds my gear not having violence in my battles.

Every release they wait a damn month or 3 to release it it always pisses me off so bad, I buy all their games but never actually play them until the blood comes out.

T4keD0wN

Animated GIF

This is a big deal, not just empty words and promises, but action behind them. Should probably include the whole message from leadership blogpost here, seems like community pushback has worked and CA are not as dense as previously thought. Perhaps there is a spark of hope left in the studio after all.

GHG

This is some welcome news. I have a feeling the redemption arc for this game will be strong since they have now decided to go back to being all-in on these games instead of trying to do GAAS projects.

Still waiting for it to be finished before purchasing though.

Hudo

Let's hope the next game is going to be a full game again and not a DLC-platform because they wanted do emulate Paradox' bullshit business model.

Last edited:
This is some welcome news. I have a feeling the redemption arc for this game will be strong since they have now decided to go back to being all-in on these games instead of trying to do GAAS projects.

Still waiting for it to be finished before purchasing though.
CA Sofia did a great job turning Rome 2 into a playable game and with the Troy DLC.
I'm glad Pharaoh was not abandoned like Britannia, which has a DLC button in the main menu lmao... Of course, it might be killed if there's no spike in sales when the DLC drops.

Also I am huffing maximum hopium:
- the newly revealed Sherden leader is Iolaus
- the mythical Iolaus lived and died in Sardinia
- the western Anatolian map is suspiciously empty in Pharaoh, but it was half of Troy
- you can see Troy's Mount Olympus from Egypt
Could they merge the two games, Warhammer style? This fucking Iolaus and the confirmation of map expansion is giving me hope we're getting a Mediterranean murderbowl...

Corian33

Game has my interest again, but I’ll still wait for the additional content. I watched videos when it came out, and it looked super polished but I couldn’t justify the price for the amount of content.

Reactions: GHG
I used to be a big fan of CA and their Total War series, but it's been a while since the last time I played one of these games. What happened to Pharaoh?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I used to be a big fan of CA and their Total War series, but it's been a while since the last time I played one of these games. What happened to Pharaoh?

Main complaint seems to be that it's low on content. It's set during the years leading up to the Bronze Age Collapse

BACollapse936.jpg

but at launch the campaign map only covered this much territory

starting-points-in-total-war-pharaoh-seems-like-dlc-for-60-v0-3vtllavyqsrb1.jpg

with the Assyrians, among others, being completely absent.

It's not a bad game per se, but between that era of history attracting only a niche audience and others feeling like it was little more than an expansion to Troy, it never really had a good chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom