• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Victorious Season 1 | OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
vxosgz.png

Last thread was a little crazy so lets keep this one tame. anybody watch this show? I just started (in 720p) and it is actually fairly funny. Girl that hates the world is hilarious. Love when she makes death jokes at her fellow students. Season 1 is almost over. Anybody else watch this show? I'm eight episodes in.

(don't make fun of people who like this show)

Did you really make this thread or am I just dreaming?

I think I didn't type that question just now so let me repost that.

Did you really make this thread or am I just dreaming?

InB4 Selena Gomez enters the arena. Darknessbear, I'm looking at you, homey.

To be serious, I do watch the show. It's okay. It's not laugh out loud funny, but it's decent. Some of the jokes are pretty raunchy, too. Dan Schneider managed to get a good cast with this show, but then again he does alright for Nick. Supposedly a crossover between this and iCarly is in the works, which could be something to look out for if you dig that sort of thing.

How many pages before this thread is shut down too? I know it is supposed to be just for the show, but you know it will devolve into another thread like the last one. It already is.

JGS

Banned
I like all of Dan Schneider's shows but Victorious is my current favorite. Kids love them which is why I watch them. I see Schneider's name on all of them, so he gets the formula.

First and foremost, Oozer3993, I hate you. LOL.

PhoncipleBone said:
How many pages before this thread is shut down too? I know it is supposed to be just for the show, but you know it will devolve into another thread like the last one. It already is.

I'm actually surprised that this thread was made as well. Did you get mod approval for this? I know the SNSD thread got approval by mods, but I don't know. Maybe I'm a bit too optimistic because the creepy thread was fun as HELL. I guess if we keep the thread about the show more or less, things could be better here. I swear if I see a Wizards of Waverly Place OT, I'll stay on the Gaming Side forever. :lol

Edit: Yeah, Schneider is gold. Remember, the man is responsible for All That and Kenan and Kel. Memories...

Priz

To be clear, I am NOT making fun of people who watch/like this show, I'm making fun of the OP.

OP: What IS this show? Pretend I know NOTHING about this show - I've never heard of it before, I don't know what it's about, I don't know what network it's on (and my DirecTV box gets lots o' channels, so...) or anything. How about a little summary, what network/day/time and such?

KamenSenshi's animated gif has me interested in more... but there's nothing in your OP besides the logo to go on. ;_;

G-Fex

Then there will be a Wizards OT, then retaliation for that.

The war will spread and consume OT.

Til we are at our weakest, then lord Inglip will rise and conquer us without resistance.

KamenSenshi said:
Wonder if there will be a "Patty Duke" moment since Victoria was on iCarly.

Schneider's a good producer with witty references thrown around in his work so it's bound to happen.

(._.), if you need help making a full fledged OT, I'll be more than willing to assist you. I'm stuck on a puzzle in Ghost Trick so I've got nothing to do. PM me if you desire.

Lebron said:
I am here

Good, we need DY_nasty, yencid and a few others to complete the League.

G-Fex said:
Then there will be a Wizards OT, then retaliation for that.

The war will spread and consume OT.

Til we are at our weakest, then lord Inglip will rise and conquer us without resistance.

It will be as disastrous as the Race War of 2010, but only this time it's Nickelodeon shows staring girls. Like the "Asian" thread created during said Race War, the iCarly thread will have the least of the population.

Ducarmel

I only saw freak the freak out cause one of the Justice League was making noise about it, ok show can't honestly say I would ever watch it again.

Thread needs more gifs though commandeered from the best thread ever.

gPtn8.gif

wnveR.gif

ariana-and-victoria-kitty-o.gif

KamenSenshi

Priz said:
To be clear, I am NOT making fun of people who watch/like this show, I'm making fun of the OP.

OP: What IS this show? Pretend I know NOTHING about this show - I've never heard of it before, I don't know what it's about, I don't know what network it's on (and my DirecTV box gets lots o' channels, so...) or anything. How about a little summary, what network/day/time and such?

KamenSenshi's animated gif has me interested in more... but there's nothing in your OP besides the logo to go on. ;_;
I'll play along a bit and simplify: show is about
Victoria-Justice-pg199159.jpg
who is in a performing arts school. She wants to be Britney Spears
take3.gif
. A bit of an oversimplification but gives the basic idea of her goal. The rest is kinda the situations her and her friends get into.

(._.)

Banned
spindashing said:
(._.), if you need help making a full fledged OT, I'll be more than willing to assist you. I'm stuck on a puzzle in Ghost Trick so I've got nothing to do. PM me if you desire.
I plan on decking it out later when I open photoshop. Could you help?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Such a funny show, it's right up there with Drake and Josh in being apart of Nickelodeon's best live action stuff.

Priz

Thanks for the info, Kamen. Now I have a better idea. I also see it's on Nick. I asked a coworkers son (who she picked up from school) if he knows this show and he knows of it, but he was almost offended when I asked if he watched it. (I know he likes iCarly, so...)

My daughter is 8 and this is one of her favorites, along with iCarly. Nick's shows have much better acting and writing than those on Disney.

JGS said:
I like all of Dan Schneider's shows but Victorious is my current favorite. Kids love them which is why I watch them. I see Schneider's name on all of them, so he gets the formula.
I like all of Dan Schneider's shows too. Nickelodeon needs to step it up and start putting his old shows on DVD, I need a Kenan and Kel DVD collection.

iCarly has jumped the shark, and Cosgrove has gotten anorexic, so maybe I'll check out Victorious. iCarly in it's prime was untouchable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom