• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spoiler-Free E3 2011 Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried this last year and it was quite successful and people have shown interest in the other E3 thread so I thought I'd do it again. Now that we're only two weeks away it seems like an appropriate time to create it so people can bookmark it in time.

Last year there was some confusion about this thread and what it aims to achieve, so to put it simply:

1) If you don't want to know anything about the press conferences and can't watch them live, this is the thread for you.
2) Simply bookmark this thread or post in it to add it to your GAF subscriptions.
3) After the press conferences air I will update the OP with various links to the press conference in full. This may take a few hours for sites to upload their streams for repeat viewing.
4) Then, you can simply follow your bookmark to this thread, thus avoiding the headlines of gaming sites or the other thread titles on GAF, and watch them with no prior knowledge of what happens.
5) This isn't a discussion thread about the conferences themselves - there are other threads for that and we want to keep this spoiler free throughout.

Yes, some people want to watch them without knowing what's going to happen. We know a lot of you think that's lame, but the thread last year went around in circles, so please refrain from commenting if you have no interest in this thread.

Spoiler free links (more will be added after they air):

Konami:
Gametrailers Warning: spoilers in text description!

Microsoft:
Gamespot Repeat stream is live. Warning: Comments may contain spoilers.
Official website Repeat stream is live.
G4TV Warning: Spoilers in text description under video!
Download link from official site

EA:

Ubisoft:

Sony:
Gamespot Repeat stream is now live. Warning: Comments may contain spoilers.
G4TV Warning: Spoilers for other press conferences in side bar, and may be in user comments.

Nintendo:
Gamespot Repeat stream is now live. Warning: Comments may contain spoilers AND it's starting mid-way through at the moment for some reason.
Official website Repeat stream is now live. Warning: It seems to be playing in a loop, so it might be hard to catch it from the start AND slight spoilers in the right navigation bar!
G4TV Warning: Spoilers for other press conferences in side bar, and may be in user comments.

I've booked the week off for E3 so unless something goes horrible wrong, I will be watching the conferences live.

But I think this is a brilliant idea, and is a great way for those not fortunate to be able to watch the conferences with us, to later experience the same revelations, betrayalatons and "one more thing" moments.

Great work.

Zenith said:
isn't it a bit early?
I don't think so. The other press conference thread is getting a fair bit of traffic and two weeks seems like a decent duration to allow people to discover this thread.

It's not like this will be full of discussion and constantly bumped :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll support this just like I did last year, but it's way too early for this thread, no ?

Andrefpvs

Subscribing to this thread. Last year it was pretty useful since I missed Microsoft's conference (which later turned out to be a good thing).

TimmiT

Great thread, I'll add it to my bookmarks. I won't be able to catch the Sony and Ubisoft press conferences.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I probably won't need this but still subbing.

So much happen during E3 that we keep getting new thread with the info because you can't keep up. Having the 'what did I miss' info from from every single E3 event in one place seems like a nightmare.

Great thread.

Last year, I was out for Nintendo's conference, but I recorded the conference myself and watched it later.

This year, I don't have G4 anymore (thanks DirecTV :mad: ) so if for some reason I miss a conference, I'll be here.

Iwatas Magic Sports Coat said:
Don't you US guys get G4TV? They show the press conferences commercial free. Why not just tape them? Doesn't everyone have DVR by now?
not me.

Why buy one when everything is on the net :p iPlayer, itv on demand, all that stuff.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This is a wonderous idea! I'll be moving cities / houses around the time of E3 so I know I wont be able to keep up but would love to get back to the conferences after spoiler free :) ty

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Iwatas Magic Sports Coat said:
Don't you US guys get G4TV? They show the press conferences commercial free. Why not just tape them? Doesn't everyone have DVR by now?
G4 is being axed by a lot of cable networks like crazy. I used to have it, don't anymore. I know a lot of people are the same.

Cranzor

Fantastic idea. I'll be able to catch all the conferences except, of course, Nintendo. Sigh. So this is really great, thanks.

Slavik81

So this thread is for talking about everything except E3? Or the entire purpose of this thread is a handful of links in the OP?

McNum

Slavik81 said:
So this thread is for talking about everything except E3? Or the entire purpose of this thread is a handful of links in the OP?
The latter. It's so late arrivals can see the conferences without knowing what to expect, so when the big announcements are made, they can get to be surprised just like those that watched it live.

KAL2006

Banned
shouldn't you do the same thing as last by adding a Twitter account to follow which has all the links to the press conferences as GAF would be having 500 errors due to server overload around E3 time

creid

I'm taking the days off and watching the conferences, but I think this thread is a great idea for those who can't.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
creid said:
I'm taking the days off and watching the conferences, but I think this thread is a great idea for those who can't.

Indeed it is, as someone who was at work during all the three conferences last year I agree.

Well at least there isn't nearly as much opposition to the thread this year as there was last year.

chubigans said:
G4 is being axed by a lot of cable networks like crazy. I used to have it, don't anymore. I know a lot of people are the same.

You're not missing ANYTHING. It's basically COPS marathons with 1 Xplay 1 Attack of the Show and then more COPS. it's an awful station. But it's great to watch the E3 conferences in HD on your TV while sitting on your couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom