• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spoiler-Free E3 2011 Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you OP - seriously. I'm going to be missing Nintendos conference (by an hour) and it was going to suck trying to click around on various websites trying to find a link - while getting everything spoiled.

If ya can get Nintendo's up right away (My first class goes from 9am-12:30pm) because I was going to watch it at school on a projector w/ friends then I'd donate to your life. Thanks a lot!

I'm going to be at the mercy of when the sites re-upload their broadcasts, I'm afraid, so I can't guarantee them within a few hours :( Last year they seemed to go up fairly quick, though, so you might not have to wait long!

I'll keep checking sites and update ASAP, I promise that much.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm going to be at the mercy of when the sites re-upload their broadcasts, I'm afraid, so I can't guarantee them within a few hours :( Last year they seemed to go up fairly quick, though, so you might not have to wait long!

I'll keep checking sites and update ASAP, I promise that much.
Alrighty, thanks for the effort either way! Can't wait!

Arren

Thanks a lot, this is a very nice idea.

It will be useful for people like me that won't be able to watch some of the conferences during their original broadcast time, but would still like to preserve that live emotional impact that any surprise will likely entail.

Seems so.

I'm not sure what to do this year. I want to watch the conferences but want to skip the game videos for which I am in full blackout (Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, etc). So I guess I'll be watching the Nintendo conference and parts of the Sony/Microsoft one.

I'm also thinking of asking for the day off at my job, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Thanks so much. I won't be able to watch any of the conferences LIVE which is disappointing, but hopefully I'll be able to capture the feeling of watching it live thanks to this thread. It isn't the exact same as watching the live stream of the conference with a live chat/thread discussion going on but it's certainly the next best thing.

Irish

PhoenixDawn said:
Thanks so much. I won't be able to watch any of the conferences LIVE which is disappointing, but hopefully I'll be able to capture the feeling of watching it live thanks to this thread. It isn't the exact same as watching the live stream of the conference with a live chat/thread discussion going on but it's certainly the next best thing.

Heh, I usually read through the threads after I've already watched the conferences. That way you can go "Ooooooh, these guys are going to be shocked at what happens next!" (even though at that point they've already seen the entire thing as well, so you're basically talking to yourself)

I do the same thing for Official threads.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PsychoRaven said:
Wait. People actually worry about a press conference being spoiled? Really?

Ok then. To each their own I guess.

Some people enjoy watching how the news is presented, and what the presenters talk about.

is that too hard to understand?

Cday

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Wait. People actually worry about a press conference being spoiled? Really?

Ok then. To each their own I guess.

Did you trip over the first post of the thread and fall all the way to the last or something?

OP said:
Yes, some people want to watch them without knowing what's going to happen. We know a lot of you think that's lame, but the thread last year went around in circles, so please refrain from commenting if you have no interest in this thread.

Sadist

Yeah, reading about E3 announcements feels so... bland.

I'd rather not be spoiled about Sony's conference and watch it a few hours later.

Platy

This might be useful even for non-spoiler free people

I mean ... I really like to see the bizarre parts and my internet has some serious budget problems this months and probably streaming will not work ...so subscribed to see the full conferences in streamable places where i can pause and let load =P

Lakitu

st5fu
It's a big help, considering I won't be able to catch any of the conferences live. Once I go on the internet, I'll go straight to this page. I wouldn't dare go to the Neogaf gaming side frontpage.

besiktas1

After the Konami conference I'll be on a media blackout anyway... This is bookmarked, then ima try wean myself off gaming side again...

KAL2006

Banned
FUCK!!!

The only E3 I can watch live this year is Microsofts, which I am the least excited for. Sony's one is too late as I have work the next morning, and Nintendo's start just when I finish work so I will miss most of it when I get back home.

I guess this thread will come in use. Can the OP make sure that there are direct links to the stream without getting all the announcements ruined by linking to a homepage.

Carl

KAL2006 said:
FUCK!!!

The only E3 I can watch live this year is Microsofts, which I am the least excited for. Sony's one is too late as I have work the next morning

Catch some sleep after microsoft, wake up and watch Sony and then stay awake on energy drink. That's my plan.

FJ0372

Thanks so much for this thread, My brother has asked for me to wait for him to come back from the airport before we watch the Microsoft conference together so this thread will be perfect.

Bookmarked

Dynoro

Many thanks; Sony is at an ungodly hour for me and I will miss the start of MS's and Ninty's as I'll be at work

Mikey Jr.

luffeN said:
Don't know if those links will be spoiler free because there is a comment section below each media player window and if the conferences will be available as recordings after the live events:

Ohh, these could be good.

Does anyone know of any site that can restart live streams? I have class 9-12 Tueday and am going to try to get off as early as possible to watch it at school w/ some friends. But it might still be going on - would I have to wait for it to be over?

luffeN

Darknessbear said:
Does anyone know of any site that can restart live streams? I have class 9-12 Tueday and am going to try to get off as early as possible to watch it at school w/ some friends. But it might still be going on - would I have to wait for it to be over?
I think, and don't quote me on that, that a service like justin.tv would allow you to do that. So if Nintendo or whoever coded the streams like that then yeah, you could restart live streams.

Lakitu

st5fu
ace3skoot said:
umm they have been in the last few years, though my experience is there not the most stable

Yeah, I had Gamespot Complete (or whatever it's called now) the last 4-5 years and that's how I watched E3. I didn't have any problems with it. I cancelled my subscription a while ago.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Big thanks for this!

Dunno if i'm going to be able to watch the conferences live yet, so this is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom