• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Reload Shipped Early to Some Lucky Gamers

junpei-holding-persona-3-reload-ps5-box-next-to-koromaru-and-yukari-on-deep-sky-blue-background.jpg

Physical copies of Persona 3 Reload started shipping early to some lucky gamers on January 22. The much-anticipated remake of the third mainline Persona game isn't scheduled to release for almost two more weeks.

Premature game shipments are a fairly common occurrence. While major publishers often incorporate severe penalties for breaking street dates into their contracts with distributors, accidental mishaps still happen on a regular basis. The most high-profile recent example of such a mistake dates back to last spring, when early copies of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom appeared in the wild weeks ahead of the game's mid-May release.
History repeats itself yet again with Persona 3 Reload, which already found its way to some lucky gamers who pre-ordered it. Multiple people took to social media on January 22 to post images of their prematurely shipped copies, with each of them expressing their excitement at being able to play the highly-anticipated RPG 11 days early.

All of the images that have surfaced online so far depict the PS5 copy of the game's standard edition, which comes without the Persona 3 Reload day-one DLC. However, this development does raise the likelihood of the PS4 and Xbox versions of the RPG already being out in the wild as well. None of the lucky gamers who got an early copy of Persona 3 Reload have divulged the retailer(s) responsible for their shipment. However, one of them has explicitly claimed they have no special relationship with the store that sent them the game prematurely, suggesting that this early release was indeed a happy accident.

Persona 3 Reload Spoilers Will Likely Swarm Social Media Soon​

Fans hoping to experience the upcoming remake spoiler-free should consider this turn of events a signal to avoid social media until February 2. Namely, some people are already streaming Persona 3 Reload as of January 22, so there is a good chance that places like Twitter and YouTube will be full of spoilers in the day ahead. Twitch, for its part, is currently cracking down on such early broadcasts in its typically aggressive manner, so it should be safe to keep visiting.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
LMAO, do they even know the original Persona 3 came out in 2006, there's a statute of limitations on spoilers
My first time playing. Hoping to make it through the game without spoilers to see what all the fuss is/was about.

Persona 5 story was good, and persona 4 was incredible. Hoping P3 lands in between.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My first time playing. Hoping to make it through the game without spoilers to see what all the fuss is/was about.

Persona 5 story was good, and persona 4 was incredible. Hoping P3 lands in between.

Many consider this the best story of the 3-4-5 trilogy.

I'm a lot more interested in seeing the game play refinements rolled back into the game from P5 Royal.

Last edited:

mejin

Without The Answer I hope Atlus have a better ending for this game.

Actually, I'm waiting for spoilers to see if it's worthy to play this remake. Ending sucks in the original.

StereoVsn

Without The Answer I hope Atlus have a better ending for this game.

Actually, I'm waiting for spoilers to see if it's worthy to play this remake. Ending sucks in the original.
It doesn’t suck. It’s just isn’t a traditional “good” ending. I don’t think that will be modified in he remake. This is more step in step with the game vs something like FFVIIR.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
That's the bane of being a PC Gamer, i still remmeber getting Halo Reach a week earlier back when i had my 360

mejin

It doesn’t suck. It’s just isn’t a traditional “good” ending. I don’t think that will be modified in he remake. This is more step in step with the game vs something like FFVIIR.

It's incomplete without The Answer.

If they don't do a better job this time I have no doubt people will complain.

StereoVsn

IMO it is complete. It’s the ending, just not an happy one and sacrifice has been made.

I think Answer is unnecessary, plus it’s badly done. Again, IMO of course.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I guess the original Persona 3 was incomplet?……the Answer was extra, extra that most didn't liked.

graywolf323

I guess the original Persona 3 was incomplet?……the Answer was extra, extra that most didn't liked.
it wasn’t so much incomplete as it left you with questions at the end, The Answer helps address them but it also was a step down in quality from the OG game

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Until online is required to play a game and check for release date applied and if before the game won’t run.
I mean they could of done that with the 360 & PS3.
with Online games they can get away with it not working without an internet connection, and they got that little print to say they're in their right to do so.
But physical possessions and a offline game?
Kinda hard to justify blocking someone's physical purchase without someone taking you to court because you purposely blocked something they own, regardless of if they got it early or not.
It's why those pubs will love nothing more then you all to go Digital.
Creators like Christopher Nolan & Guillermo del Toro have gone on record saying that's the beauty of Physical Media.
It belongs to you, and no one can take it away or stop you from using it.
And I think game creators feel the same, it those greedy Publishers that want you to go Digital.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

I have been wanting to play that game for years now, I just cannot wait.

I am even going to put Yakuza aside to play this, and I am a big fan of that series.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I mean they could of done that with the 360 & PS3.
with Online games they can get away with it not working without an internet connection, and they got that little print to say they're in their right to do so.
But physical possessions and a offline game?
Kinda hard to justify blocking someone's physical purchase without someone taking you to court because you purposely blocked something they own, regardless of if they got it early or not.
It's why those pubs will love nothing more then you all to go Digital.
Creators like Christopher Nolan & Guillermo del Toro have gone on record saying that's the beauty of Physical Media.
It belongs to you, and no one can take it away or stop you from using it.
And I think game creators feel the same, it those greedy Publishers that want you to go Digital.
Absolutely. Digital media is Rent. It should be illegal to call it Buy. As for physical media, those greedy publishers can’t send their representatives to your house to take your physical purchases.

kunonabi

P3 and P4 have more tighly put together narratives than P5 in my opinion. :messenger_fistbump:
The problem with P4 and P5 is they just collapse at the end with really weak
kill god/save the world
narratives that feel way more arbitrary and random than P3's which feels more organic and thematically consistent. P3 just suffers from gimmicky party members more than anything.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
But they didn't…..so far and most Atlus games don’t do this.
I meant applying it for physical in the future.

Also Atlus are ridiculously restrictive in what you can and can’t share/stream for SMT and also region locked P4A on PS3 so if there is a list of publishers who might do it, they would be high up on that list.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Why are you so combative? It's common courtesy to tag spoilers properly for an unreleased game even if it's a remake since people WILL check this thread.
I’m not. I’m just saying if I didn’t play that game before I would be avoiding this type of threads as there surely be discussion and most likely spoilers.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not. I’m just saying if I didn’t play that game before I would be avoiding this type of threads as there surely be discussion and most likely spoilers.
Compare to Persona 4&5, P3 is less known, so they are more people who havent played it, so they naturally curious about P3 who enjoyed P4&5 so they check out thread like this.

Just put Spoiler tag on, pointless or not.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Compare to Persona 4&5, P3 is less known, so they are more people who havent played it, so they naturally curious about P3 who enjoyed P4&5 so they check out thread like this.

Just put Spoiler tag on, pointless or not.
Who are those imaginary people who have not tried a 2006 game and avoided a portable version and the anime adaptation and somehow skipped all the rereleases on many consoles after and one of the releases was 7 months ago on Xbox and now this imaginary interested person or group going to check a thread about shipping early to not expect someone to spoil a 2006 game for them? That’s ridiculous.

Kumomeme

P3 story is much darker, serious and mature. in a sense, those who play P4 first and expect it full of colourfull some happy go lucky moment, P3 not the game. the cast also more 'adult' and ' bit realistic'. some people dislike the game due to it since they get to used to the P4 setting and expect similliar stuff but for me it is what set P3 above the rest. while P5 strike balance between mature and playfullness.

Last edited:

kunonabi

P3 story is much darker, serious and mature. in a sense, those who play P4 first and expect it full of colourfull some happy go lucky moment, P3 not the game. the cast also more 'adult' and ' bit realistic'. some people dislike the game due to it since they get to used to the P4 setting and expect similliar stuff but for me it is what set P3 above the rest. while P5 strike balance between mature and playfullness.
Realistic in regards to P3's cast is a stretch.

artsi

Who are those imaginary people who have not tried a 2006 game and avoided a portable version and the anime adaptation and somehow skipped all the rereleases on many consoles after and one of the releases was 7 months ago on Xbox and now this imaginary interested person or group going to check a thread about shipping early to not expect someone to spoil a 2006 game for them? That’s ridiculous.

People born in 2006 are 18 today.

Shocker but new humans are born every day and they have not experienced what we old people have.

night13x

Half these preview videos talk about how a new feature in persona 3 is being able to walk around in town ...lol.

It's sad that apparently most people only played P3P which was a soleless 80% stripped out version of P3/FES that added FeMC to please people's fayboy/fangirl fantasies to hide its huge shortcomings.

Top Bottom