• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 2 For 360 Pushed Back To Q1 2012.

Saty

CD Projekt’s confirmed it’s delaying The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 into Q1 2012.

“The extra time will allow us to polish the title to perfection, so that the game offers an ideally balanced, fantastic experience to gamers. As the launch of the game approaches, we will be sharing more details how it will be released on Xbox 360. I trust that despite the release date shift, players will be satisfied with what we are planning for them,” said studio boss Adam Kicinski.

CD Projekt also said it would show a video on “major DLC” that will form part of an “upcoming, as-yet-unannounced update” for the PC version at gamescom.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/01/witcher-2-360-gets-pushed-into-q1-2012/

I knew it I knew this holiday is crazy enough without the game and give them more time to put it in a time period when people are paying attention.

Foffy

Banned
Fantastic that they have indeed confirmed that more stuff is planned with the Witcher 2 beside a 360 port.

I can't wait. ;_;

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
KareBear said:
Can anyone please list the games of Q4 2011 that will make it a slaughter?

Skyrim, MW3?

It was always going to be pushed back to 2012. They have FFXIII-2 and ME3 to deal with next year, but it should do well.

overcast

Good. It helps the sale forecast for the game. Also, it's much better for me. It will help me get through the ridiculous amount of games that I have to.

Vasili2K38

Wise decision, better than compete against Skyrim, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, MW3, Battlefield 3, AC Revelations..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's nice to know that CDPR are focused on downgrading the game instead of building an expansion for the real version.

Foffy

Banned
Snuggler said:
It's nice to know that CDPR are focused on downgrading the game instead of building an expansion for the real version.

Uhm..

CD Projekt also said it would show a video on “major DLC” that will form part of an “upcoming, as-yet-unannounced update” for the PC version at gamescom.

They've long hinted at making an expansion to the game. This news confirms that such a thing will probably be what they show at Gamescom.

StuBurns

Banned
Snuggler said:
Downgrading? Are you serious? Have you seen The Witcher 2 on the lowest settings? It looks worse than just about anything on 360. There will be no downgrading.

Natiko

Banned
Probably a good call but at this rate by the time it comes out on Xbox I'll have a PC that can run it lol

Vasili2K38

Snuggler, relax man, as the previous poster has quoted, we'll see new content for the PC version in the Gamescom.

PD I didn't also read that lol, the quote just made me happy :D

Mr_Zombie

Snuggler said:

Huh?

tumblr_lmwy4hKByn1qe11kdo1_400.png

Everyone who really wanted to play the game already did it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuck yeah, more DLC. I hope CDP are working on an expansion too.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The_Player said:
tumblr_lmwy4hKByn1qe11kdo1_400.png

Everyone who really wanted to play the game already did it.

US is a console land, a lot of people don't have capable computers to run this.

EatChildren said:
Fuck yeah, more DLC. I hope CDP are working on an expansion too.

I think they meant an expansion.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
subversus said:
I think they meant an expansion.

That would make my penis pretty hard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone acts like this is the easy out for them

It's not like Mass Effect, Darksiders 2, Bioshock Infinite are coming out during that time or anything

StuBurns

Banned
zoner said:

It's not like Mass Effect, Darksiders 2, Bioshock Infinite are coming out during that time or anything
BioShock isn't, no one cares about Darksiders, so that's one game.

Seanspeed

Banned
zoner said:

Skyrim isn't and thats the point.

Kusagari

zoner said:

None of those are anywhere near the same as Witcher 2 releasing the same month as the sequel to the THE WRPG of this generation in most console gamers minds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
StuBurns said:
BioShock isn't, no one cares about Darksiders, so that's one game.
I'll bet you more people care about Darksiders than Witcher

Kusagari said:
None of those are anywhere near the same as Witcher 2 releasing the same month as the sequel to the THE WRPG of this generation in most console gamers minds.
Dragon Age 2's already out. It's not so good.

Mr_Brit

Banned
zoner said:
I'll bet you more people care about Darksiders than Witcher

Dragon Age 2's already out. It's not so good.
Lol.

StuBurns said:
I believe it's already outsold Darksiders 1, with two console ports still to come.
Have they said they're making a PS3 port?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
StuBurns said:
I believe it's already outsold Darksiders 1, with two console ports still to come.
On the PC? Sure. Where Europe cares about Witcher is the PC, where Witcher is a big name? On consoles? I can't see it moving much of anything.

Seanspeed

Banned
zoner said:
On the PC? Sure. Where Europe cares about Witcher is the PC, where Witcher is a big name? On consoles? I can't see it moving much of anything.
Its not gonna be a megablockbuster on consoles, you're right. Which is exactly why releasing near Skyrim would be such a disaster.

StuBurns

Banned
Vasilisk said:
What? That's official? I thought at the end only 360 version was going to be released..
Maybe they changed their minds after the thing I read, but they said it was coming when they released the first info on the 360 version.

Top Bottom