• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story - 9-27-11 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

H0Bfu.jpg

Tracklist:
1." Intro"
2. "Dollar and a Dream III"
3. "Can't Get Enough"" (featuring Trey Songz)
4. "Lights Please"
5. "Interlude"
6. "Sideline Story"
7. "Mr. Nice Watch" (featuring Jay-Z)
8. "Cole World"
9. "In the Morning" (featuring Drake)
10. "Lost Ones"
11. "Nobody's Perfect" (featuring Missy Elliott)
12. "Never Told"
13. "Rise and Shine"
14. "God's Gift"
15. "Breakdown"
16. "Cheer Up"

Bonus Tracks:
17. "Nothing Lasts Forever"
18. "Work Out"
19. "Daddy's Little Girl"
One of the most anticipated Hip-Hop releases of the year. Cole is doing the vast majority of the production on his album.

J. Cole has been praised as one of the best young rappers to come about in quite a while. Signed onto Roc Nation after impressing Jay-Z.

Previous Mixtapes:
The Warm Up
J-cole-the-warm-up.jpg

Friday Night Lights
Fridaynightlightsjcole.png

His mixtapes are undeniably quality. Those two are his best. Check them out if you have yet to.

All J. Cole discussion until the album releases should come here. Whether it be the Rihanna sex tape, album quality, or legendary facial hair.

Let it begin:
bqNfz.jpg

overcast

Lol. Awesome. Best consecutive posts in a while.

I left the come up out because I consider the other 2 better. Sorry.

Lakitu

st5fu
Sorry to go off-topic but am I the only one who thought this thread was about Joe Cole and another injury-ravaged season?

kamspy

Way to cheap out on the thread title.

Could have at least put a "my bike got stolen" reference in there.

Also, the broken leg thing is just marketing. They want to sell Cole as your high school quarterback. Crutches give him some field cred.

Kusagari said:
Cole actually got Jay to do a verse?

See? Look at the confusion this thread title has caused. Blackace will need to fix this.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Lakitu said:
Sorry to go off-topic but am I the only one who thought this thread was about Joe Cole and another injury-ravaged season?

I was expecting some sort of documentary about sitting on the Liverpool bench.

aww man why the fuck is In the Morning on here? Put that on as a bonus track and give us something we haven't heard before dawg.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Simba isn't a track?
I was expecting some Simba reference titled track in here, actually. But I guess it's good to stay on the safe side.

Byakuya769 said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/acedyg.jpg[img]

[b]4. "Lights Please"[/b]
[b]9. "In the Morning" (featuring Drake)[/b]

What the fuck?[/quote]
Yup. He confirmed those two tracks being on the album.

overcast

Byakuya769 said:
4. "Lights Please"
9. "In the Morning" (featuring Drake)

What the fuck?
Yeah it's a little cheap, but it's a 16 track album not including the bonus tracks. So that's alright with me.

spindashing said:
I was expecting some Simba reference titled track in here, actually. But I guess it's good to stay on the safe side.

Yup. He confirmed those two tracks being on the album.

I don't understand why he's putting two and three year old songs on there.

overcast said:
Yeah it's a little cheap, but it's a 16 track album not including the bonus tracks. So that's alright with me.

Yea, I don't feel like it's wasted space or anything. Just would have preferred that he trimmed the fat and tried to have a cohesive debut.

Recon

Banned
upJTboogie said:
Any Given Sunday tapes sort of deflated the hype I can't lie, but I'm still looking forward to this.

The majority of those songs are really good, so i dont get that.

Byakuya769 said:
I don't understand why he's putting two and three year old songs on there.
Lights Please is what started it all, I believe. Not only is it popular on the net, I think it's what Jay-Z heard when he decided to sign Cole. It isn't my cup of tea.

In the Morning? I guess because it has Drake...

I guess I am interested in the other tracks. Here's hoping it does well.

overcast

A bit of a side note. The day this was supposed to come we were supposed to have 3 big time up and coming rappers dropping albums. Too bad Krit and Yela ran away.

Yela ran away. KRIT forgot his album was releasing this month (which explains the lack of a single...which he probably didn't record yet).

I hope that one gets minimal guests too, but whatever guests it has it's gotta be Outkast, Bun B, maybe Curren$y too.

Kendrick's confirmed on it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
My hype for his first album isn't nearly as high as it was when listening to his best mixtape in 2009. However, I still look forward to this. I heard a performance of God's Gift and it sounded very sick.

Here's a better, fanmade cover that I will be using, as the official one is kind of lame:

j9uSE.png

overcast

Discotheque said:
Yela ran away. KRIT forgot his album was releasing this month (which explains the lack of a single...which he probably didn't record yet).

I hope that one gets minimal guests too, but whatever guests it has it's gotta be Outkast, Bun B, maybe Curren$y too.

Kendrick's confirmed on it.
Lol. I can't wait for the Krit album. Kendrick is on it? SHITTTT.

RIHANNA SEX TAPE!?!?!?!
Rumored. We would have it on here or Gaf-Hop if it ever surfaced.

Stat Flow said:
My hype for his first album isn't nearly as high as it was when listening to his best mixtape in 2009. However, I still look forward to this. I heard a performance of God's Gift and it sounded very sick.

Here's a better, fanmade cover that I will be using, as the official one is kind of lame:

http://i.imgur.com/j9uSE.png[img][/quote]
Saved

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Anyone else think he should have went with just "Cole World" as opposed to the current, long title? It's like he did that just to make it so that people predicting the album title being "Cole World" like a year ago would be wrong. Smh...

As I said in the gaf-hop thread, the mixtapes are collectively telling his sideline story, his album is his introduction to the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom