• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story - 9-27-11 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a 26 year old man in a letter jacket in a high school locker room is just silly. The title is silly too.

Still, his mixtapes were great so I'm interested in this.

overcast

Yeah AGS #1 is the best imo. They are all pretty good. They are basically just B sides anyway. Album should be better for sure.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The GIFs in this thread are killing me.

But yeah, I would have to say all the Any Given Sundays are good. #5 is some dope shit especially. Are we getting one today though?

Hyped for this album, I've outlined my fears before but I truly believe Cole can put out something memorable here as long as he combines the lyrical fidelity on Friday Night Lights to the topics I give a shit about on The Warm Up most of the time. From the look of the tracklist and the song's from it that leaked out, that's probably going to be the case.

COLE WORLD
NO KRIT OR YELA

yencid

definitly buying this shit. I have all of J.coles mixtapes and i feel that he is one of the best new rappers. I like that he doesnt always rap about the same shit. return of simba and Lost Ones are probably my favorite of his.

overcast

enzo_gt said:
The GIFs in this thread are killing me.

But yeah, I would have to say all the Any Given Sundays are good. #5 is some dope shit especially. Are we getting one today though?

Hyped for this album, I've outlined my fears before but I truly believe Cole can put out something memorable here as long as he combines the lyrical fidelity on Friday Night Lights to the topics I give a shit about on The Warm Up most of the time. From the look of the tracklist and the song's from it that leaked out, that's probably going to be the case.

COLE WORLD
NO KRIT OR YELA
I believe we are done with the AGS now. Heavy is my shit though.

definitly buying this shit. I have all of J.coles mixtapes and i feel that he is one of the best new rappers. I like that he doesnt always rap about the same shit. return of simba and Lost Ones are probably my favorite of his.
Funny thing is some will complain he raps about the same stuff all the time. I agree with you on this.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is he still referring to himself as a disney character? yep...

lame ass mother fucker.

also:
jAHjn.gif

Nobility

Banned
My hype is at maximum capacity.

Cole World!

Based off the two leaked songs so far and Can't Get Enough, I think Cole does have a classic in his hands. Will avoid In The Morning though, one of the few songs I did delete when I got Friday Night Lights. Work Out is growing on me, so it stays for now.

First album in years I am going in store to buy.

Cole better post something good for this week's AGS, 2 more weeks left after this.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Nobility said:
My hype is at maximum capacity.

Cole World!

Based off the two leaked songs so far and Can't Get Enough, I think Cole does have a classic in his hands.

Sorry, but
KuGsj.gif

wenis

yencid said:
i will cut you.

Come at me bro. I'll use Cole's stone wall face to block any forward attacks (and rhianna's huge forehead will guard the rear).

CaptYamato said:
Wenis is just hating.
Not at all, I loved Friday Night Lights, but seriously...he needs to stop calling himself Simba. I'll never take him seriously if he keeps calling himself one of the lamest fucking disney characters (notice how I said lame character and not lame movie).

Made some alternate album art for you guys:
iJIdv0haELe6f.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yencid said:
Oh and lets not forget his verse in Looking for trouble. That verse makes that song
I really think Ye only put Cole on that shit because people kept begging on his twitter for that shit.

Cole over Ye production is something, I really, really want, but can't see happening.

kodecraft

enzo_gt said:
I really think Ye only put Cole on that shit because people kept begging on his twitter for that shit.

Cole over Ye production is something, I really, really want, but can't see happening.

I co-sign this. Cole over Ye production is nasty...Cole's production still sounds a little amateur although I like it, especially since he try to have that Kanye sound.

Recon

Banned
kodecraft said:
I co-sign this. Cole over Ye production is nasty...Cole's production still sounds a little amateur although I like it, especially since he try to have that Kanye sound.

I personally like New Cole production over new kanye production.

Cudder

Hyped as fuck for this. Dude gets better with every mixtape and every album track I've heard I love. I don't see how I could be disappointed with this, really.

DominoKid

kodecraft said:

yeah he's the sweet n low kanye.

kodecraft

Cudder said:
Hyped as fuck for this. Dude gets better with every mixtape and every album track I've heard I love. I don't see how I could be disappointed with this, really.

I personally think a mixtape from J. Cole after this album is going to be "cray". Friday night Lights will probably be better than Cole World: The Sideline Story, and I am a Cole fan.

Haven't heard any leaks, wanna check out the album in full once it drops. I'm hoping its dope. Enjoyed the mixtapes but didn't really care for the singles.

Recon

Banned
kodecraft said:
New Cole production is reminiscent of Old Kanye production...MBDTF type production is ace, not WTT.

Not really. Im not hearing a bunch of old samples from Cole. That was pretty much Kanyes bread and butter.

Byakuya769 said:
Gaf hop doesn't like Cole?

They loved him when The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights dropped, but then because of a few singles, they all turn on him.

wenis

reKon said:
60% of gaf hop is going to be eating crow when once the album drops (via leak or by whatever means).

Pretty sure there is no crow to be eaten...No one dislikes him, but some are wary of the direction he's heading.

kodecraft

ReconYoda said:
Not really. Im not hearing a bunch of old samples from Cole. That was pretty much Kanyes bread and butter.

You have a point. Alot of Cole's samples are subtle but he does use them....drums for instance, its not all about vocal samples.

lol at the simba cover. He should use that. And seriously why does he refer to himself as that little boy lion?

I'd go with Mufasa, or going by his teeth....one of the hyenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom