• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online League [PS3]

All week 2 and 3 games should be played by 10/29

Let's see if we can get a league organized for us PS3GAF FIFA12 players.

Draft order will be randomized when we have a good amount of players (Min 8, Max 16 probably, anywhere in between will be fine because it is round robin with 3 points for a win, 1 point for tie, 0 points for loss)

Teams will be 4.5* maximum and non-international when draft happens.

Bracket and scheduling will be handled through a round-robin system on Challonge.com

Bracket here

PS3FIFA.png

Final team/PSN list:

KAqIR.png

Code:
[b]Rules[/b]

1. Don't be an ass.
2. 7 minute halves
3. Any control scheme you want.
4. Normal Speed.
5. Home team is responsible for entering the result.
6. The result should be posted in this thread with this format:
    Week and teams in bold
    Score
    Goal Scorers.
    You can do a little write up, not required.
7. I will post the schedule as we go. In the thread and current games to be played will be also posted in the OP.
8. Have fun. Be Active. Play your games.
9. Disconnects will be dealt with by the players best discretion.  If it is close in the early part of the game, just regame.  If it is 4-0 in the 80th minute, use common sense.  Any conflicting issues will be deal with by the commissioner. (Me).  Contact info will be made available soon.

Rules shamelessly stolen from sneaky77 thread for FIFA11 Xbox leagues

0yMjR.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS3 FIFAGAF User Database

If you're interested in playing with gaffers, but are not interested in the league you can put your information here THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SIGNING UP FOR THE LEAGUE ABOVE.:

Submission Form

and look up other users here:

Player List

If you want to put other information other than username, please add it to the comment box.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm in :)

By the way, what is the reason for this rule:
1. Don't be an ass, no goal kick poaching style bs.

I mean you can easily avoid it if you dont play with an X pass to the defender, which isnt usually done in soccer anyway. This shouldnt be a "rule".

PSN: TomaLexi

Toma said:
I'm in :)

By the way, what is the reason for this rule:

I mean you can easily avoid it if you dont play with an X pass to the defender, which isnt usually done in soccer anyway. This shouldnt be a "rule".

PSN: TomaLexi

It was a rule from the 360 leagues last year. If the majority don't want it I'll take it out.

I'll join in, love the game, not the best FIFA player but I play enough of it to finally take my chances in league play I guess.

Gaf name: PKM
PSN ID: PKM

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
ShallNoiseUpon said:
It was a rule from the 360 leagues last year. If the majority don't want it I'll take it out.

Its nothing drastic, I just feel it shouldnt be a "rule". Any gameplay element thats not completely broken shouldnt be ruled out completely.

Btw, you should use this thread to collect all PS3 Fifa Gaffers, not only the ones for the league. Could you create a part in the OP to collect PSN info from all interested Gaffers, not just the ones participating in the league?

That would be awesome, as there were quite a few interested simply in sharing account data to have some guys to play with.

Toma said:
Its nothing drastic, I just feel it shouldnt be a "rule". Any gameplay element thats not completely broken shouldnt be ruled out completely.

Btw, you should use this thread to collect all PS3 Fifa Gaffers, not only the ones for the league. Could you create a part in the OP to collect PSN info from all interested Gaffers, not just the ones participating in the league?

That would be awesome, as there were quite a few interested simply in sharing account data to have some guys to play with.

Yeah, I can look into doing that, but it may be best served for its own thread, but I can set up a Google Form and collect info. This is now added. If you want to share the links, go ahead, maybe PM them to the OP of the FIFA12 thread?

Also, I changed rule 1 to simply "don't be an ass." Good?

Toma

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Yeah, I can look into doing that, but it may be best served for its own thread, but I can set up a Google Form and collect info.

Also, I changed rule 1 to simply "don't be an ass." Good?

Perfect, thanks :)

Ok, I'll have the game tomorrow morning/afternoon without a doubt.

FYI I'm on east coast US time...so not sure how that will relate to play times, but I'm usually a night owl anyways lol.

You use your created star in league play right? WIll last years star carry ovr or should we play them a bit to get there stats up before we enter league play?

My whole knowledge of FIFA online is just VP ranked matches, never league. Some online, but I quit when I tried to have good games and everyone just picked Barca or RM EVERY game! So 99% of my FIFA time is just vs. family/friends.
It be nice to get some game time onlien with others who are good to help me refine my gameplay.

Toma

Good question actually, are virtual pros allowed?

And they dont carry over from Fifa 11 I believe.

Pkm said:
Ok, I'll have the game tomorrow morning/afternoon without a doubt.

FYI I'm on east coast US time...so not sure how that will relate to play times, but I'm usually a night owl anyways lol.

You use your created star in league play right? WIll last years star carry ovr or should we play them a bit to get there stats up before we enter league play?

My whole knowledge of FIFA online is just VP ranked matches, never league. Some online, but I quit when I tried to have good games and everyone just picked Barca or RM EVERY game! So 99% of my FIFA time is just vs. family/friends.
It be nice to get some game time onlien with others who are good to help me refine my gameplay.

No, you use your star in Club play like the 360 has here. I never really enjoyed it because I found it took more work to organize than anything else, but was a lot of fun. This is just a straight up tournament. The best part? You're not going to have to play against Barca or RM every game and get to play with gaffers.

Toma said:
Good question actually, are virtual pros allowed?

And they dont carry over from Fifa 11 I believe.

No.

Toma

ShallNoiseUpon said:
No, you use your star in Club play like the 360 has here. I never really enjoyed it because I found it took more work to organize than anything else, but was a lot of fun. This is just a straight up tournament. The best part? You're not going to have to play against Barca or RM every game and get to play with gaffers.

No.

Alright :)
I am all for not allowing them anyway ;P

Toma

Soi-Fong said:
Ahh I would so do it, but I'm still not able to make new threads!

You could make a post here in the mean time and collect everyone who is interested in that post. If the OP doesnt mind :)

Also would mean, that we got a bigger thread which probably will stay alive longer than individual threads.

Edit: I am suggesting this since I was told that there werent too many people interested in it anyway for PS3, so that dividing the 15 people fifa ps3 base wouldnt be too advantageous for the longevity of a thread. If there are lots of people interested, we could still divide the Clubs thread into a single topic.

Soi-Fong

Toma said:
You could make a post here in the mean time and collect everyone who is interested in that post. If the OP doesnt mind :)

Also would mean, that we got a bigger thread which probably will stay alive longer than individual threads.

Yeah sure. I'd be willing to do that. The OP will just have to make that known in the thread title.

Toma said:

Edit: I am suggesting this since I was told that there werent too many people interested in it anyway for PS3, so that dividing the 15 people fifa ps3 base wouldnt be too advantageous for the longevity of a thread. If there are lots of people interested, we could still divide the Clubs thread into a single topic.

Soi-Fong said:
Yeah sure. I'd be willing to do that. The OP will just have to make that known in the thread title.

My only concern is that it would get kind of messy that way.

Toma

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Understandably, but we can still divide it later if the need arises because of too many people interested and if the ones interested in clubs got a proper member to make the single thread.

new title suggestion : Fifa 12 [PS3] - All purpose thread

:p

Soi-Fong

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Well, since VP won't be transferring from 11 to 12 I guess it'll give us some time to build up our players.

This gives us a bit more time.

Still, I think it'll be good to have something going even if it'll be rough.

I'm in.

I would also be interested in joining a club. However, I'd simply like to play a game every now and then, and I don't have too much time, since I'm already playing F1 2011 and NHL 12 this year ;).

GAF nick / PSN nick
-----------------------

the_korben / the_korben

Soi-Fong said:
Well, since VP won't be transferring from 11 to 12 I guess it'll give us some time to build up our players.

This gives us a bit more time.

Still, I think it'll be good to have something going even if it'll be rough.

Toma said:
Understandably, but we can still divide it later if the need arises because of too many people interested and if the ones interested in clubs got a proper member to make the single thread.

new title suggestion : Fifa 12 [PS3] - All purpose thread

:p

Maybe you guys can work together and make a clubs thread if you really want. Have Toma post the OP for you Soi-Fong [or just get that Member status ;)]. I think it would be better for everyone if the two stay separated. This thread is going to be for the League itself only.

That said, you interested in playing with us Soi-Fong?

Soi-Fong

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Maybe you guys can work together and make a clubs thread if you really want. Have Toma post the OP for you Soi-Fong [or just get that Member status ;)]. I think it would be better for everyone if the two stay separated. This thread is going to be for the League itself only.

That said, you interested in playing with us Soi-Fong?

Would love too, but I might not be able to stick with a strict schedule for the league because of college.

I put up my name and PSN on the list though.

Soi-Fong said:
Would love too, but I might not be able to stick with a strict schedule for the league because of college.

I put up my name and PSN on the list though.

I don't think the schedule will be that strict, probably only 1 or 2 matches per week.

I would really love the chance to try the Club play, Ive played hundreds of online game just with my pro on ranked pro but would love to use him in a real team setting. Thats always a clusterf*ck but I got tired of the RM/Barca crap and carre sucked cause when I bumped it up to WC I sucked terribly.

I'm not gonna begin to voluteer with starting a club. I'm not really knowledgeable about FIFA and have only been playing nightly/weekly the last 2/3 years. I'll 100% participate but dont wanna be in charge lol.

Soi-Fong

Pkm said:
I would really love the chance to try the Club play, Ive played hundreds of online game just with my pro on ranked pro but would love to use him in a real team setting. Thats always a clusterf*ck but I got tired of the RM/Barca crap and carre sucked cause when I bumped it up to WC I sucked terribly.

I'm not gonna begin to voluteer with starting a club. I'm not really knowledgeable about FIFA and have only been playing nightly/weekly the last 2/3 years. I'll 100% participate but dont wanna be in charge lol.

Well, hopefully, we get a bit more players.

Toma

Cozy league so far.

froliq

I'm in. Just saw this thread in the FIFA12 OT on the last page. Maybe it should've been mentioned in the OP? Hope more people turn up.

my psn = rurunu

Toma

froliq said:
I'm in. Just saw this thread in the FIFA12 OT on the last page. Maybe it should've been mentioned in the OP? Hope more people turn up.

my psn = rurunu

Good call actually, OP should ask the other OP to add the link. :)

Toma

Nice we got a few more people :)

I'll add you on PSN already if you dont mind.

Kinan

Surprisingly got the Game today. It is the fastest continental delivery from thehut I ever experienced .:) I'm ready.:)

Pkm said:
Not sure hwo this all works but be ready for my team...Philadelphia Union baby!
Thats right MLS lol, 3 star powah!

You follow the draft order. I'm pretty sure no one is going to pick Phil. Union.

onemic said:
chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

4.5 star maximum. Chelsea is 5 stars. Pick again.

Kinan

Oh wow, nr 11., that's pretty bad luck. :) oh well, there are plenty of good teams to choose anyway.

Cmon guys, make your picks!

Top Bottom