• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

Menelaus

Banned
It's that time of year again.

Cornballer has proposed splitting up North America into 2 clubs, one East, one West, to accommodate the large amount of players on Xbox.

Let's start sorting out our locations here, with gamertags. Demo is out in 7 days!

Post your info below!

GAF username | Gamertag | Region | Desired position

West

QVT | QVT | Pacific NA | RS
LiveWire | DJ Demon J | West Coast USA | Forward/Striker
Cornballer | Cornballer | Pacific NA | midfield
LiveWire | DJ Demon J | West Coast USA | Forward/Striker
AstroLad | AstroTheLad | THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA| LW/LM
Nightz | N1ghtz | West Coast | Defense
boomheadshot45 | boomheadshot45 | California | LW/CAM/CM
blurrygil | NOAgil | West Coast (Seattle-GAF!) | Mid (CAM/CM/RM) or Striker (if needed)
Menelaus | Ragnar Lodbrok | Central NA | ANY (read: actual ANY)
Woodchuck | Dr Tim Whatley | Central NA | RW
ijm72 | younghov72 | Central NA | mid/forward/any
Meier | abellwillring | Central | MF/F
Awesome Animals | Awesome Animals | Central | MF/F
omgkitty | KillerEldiablo | East Coast (TN) | CM, CDM, LM, RM, LB, RB
Fivehorizons | fivehorizons | west | central forward left or right

East

TheVisualizer | The Visualizer | East Coast USA | CB/LB/RB
sixghost | (I'll be creating one upon release) | Central | Any
mastershake | MrGHOSTofSPARTA | Central NA | ANY
ph33nix | ph33nix | ...Texas? Central? | Whatever the team needs/Utility man?
TheCrow | KamikazePIPBoy | Central | Any
Osmosis | Kenny Romance | Central | MF
bobdylan | gbfan513 | central | mid/forward
sneaky77 | sneaky77 | East NA| mid/forward/any
Eric WK | Eric WK | EST | ST/F
Judderman | JUDDERMANG | East Coast USA | I WANT ALL THE GOALS
SuperSonic1305 | SuperSonic1305 | East NA | Midfield
sol.. | AFridgeToFar | East Coast (GA) | CDM/RB
shoplifter | shoplift3r | east | whatever
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes | East NA (Michigan)| mid preferred/forward if needed
dollartaco | Dollar Taco | Eastern NA | wingback/wing
Slizz|DemKillerCANES|Eastern(FL)|Any
Shagwell| MistaChao8 | East Coast (NY) | ST (and if unavailable, CM/CB)

Teams

FC InNOut

wYaSj.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I Got This FC

cOibD.png

sixghost

Menelaus said:
It's that time a year again.

Cornballer has proposed splitting up North America into 2 clubs, one East, one West, to accommodate the large amount of players on Xbox.

Let's start sorting out our locations here, with gamertags. Demo is out in 7 days!

Post your info below!

GAF username | Gamertag | Region | Desired position

Menelaus | Ragnar Lodbrok | Central NA | ANY
sneaky77 | sneaky77 | East NA| mid/forward/any

Do you have to play with Virtual Pros when you play with a club? If so, how do you prevent everyone from being midfielders or forwards?

sneaky77

sixghost said:

Do you have to play with Virtual Pros when you play with a club? If so, how do you prevent everyone from being midfielders or forwards?

yes you have to be a virtual pro, and well.. first come first serve, you can change your pros position at any pt anyway, so a lot of times you can adjust it right before the match

sixghost

sneaky77 said:
yes you have to be a virtual pro, and well.. first come first serve, you can change your pros position at any pt anyway, so a lot of times you can adjust it right before the match
Oh alright. How do those 5v5+ games play with GAFers? I only tried a few VP matches online, and it just devolved into retards who never passed the ball and the occasional person who exploited their way to 99. No one ever wanted to play there position and just attacked the whole game.

Menelaus

Banned
sixghost said:
How do those 5v5+ games play with GAFers?
Just fine. We have a nice stable of professionals that know how to play their respective positions, and only occasionally stray upfield on ill-advised breaks.

mastershake said:
So is this going to be like the Ramen united team from last year?

Ramen United West and Ramen United East?
yup

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I doubt we'll call it Ramen United, the naming is up to the captains. If they want to keep it they can, but they definitely don't have to or anything.

QVT | QVT | Pacific NA | RS

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Judderman | JUDDERMANG | East Coast USA | I WANT ALL THE GOALS (Any I guess, prefer forward/striker though)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
this could actually be some pretty cool rivalry action if we get enough people. imo wc should be wc+central and ec should be ec + euros

chicago's the cutoff for wc

QVT

AstroLad said:
this could actually be some pretty cool rivalry action if we get enough people. imo wc should be wc+central and ec should be ec + euros

chicago's the cutoff for wc

Yeah we could definitely have some fun with that if we wanted to, but no pressure on anybody. It's not like winning the GAF ULTIMATE BATTLE 2011 would mean that you were the bigger penis having team.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hah! i don't really care though of course where the cutoff is. just trying to spark some racial tension

ijm72

So are we going to have two clubs and then once things settle down move to one club? So one of the clubs is going to lose all the progress and points once we merge? Seems kind of complicated but anyway:

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i think i figured it out: ny/sf/la club and then a club for the flyover states and foreigners (although foreigners could join the metro club if Flyover States rejects them for being "too unamerican" or whatever)

QVT

ijm72 said:
So are we going to have two clubs and then once things settle down move to one club? So one of the clubs is going to lose all the progress and points once we merge? Seems kind of complicated but anyway:

We'll go to whoever has more progress so you guys will pretty much just be gaining points, if it works like that. It won't track your stats unfortunately but that's really a pretty minor thing to exchange for you actually getting to play the position you want lag free!

Menelaus

Banned
QVT said:
We'll go to whoever has more progress so you guys will pretty much just be gaining points, if it works like that. It won't track your stats unfortunately but that's really a pretty minor thing to exchange for you actually getting to play the position you want lag free!
Get an avatar, you're playing mind games with me

woodchuck

I'm changing my position. I just remembered all those beautiful crosses I sent to QVT back in the day.

Change me to RW

Nightz

I think I'm jumping back in.

Nightz | N1ghtz | West Coast | Defense

More easy goals for the competition!

yo QVT

any idea if everyone will need to use the new tactical defending controls in clubs?

I know it's in ranked online, I just I hope they don't bend to public outcry and let people use the weak-ass old way for clubs...

Menelaus

Banned
QVT doesn't know about defending! ARE YOU HIGH RIGHT NOW, MISTER?

I sincerely doubt the old way is in the game at all.

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
QVT doesn't know about defending! ARE YOU HIGH RIGHT NOW, MISTER?

I sincerely doubt the old way is in the game at all.

i want to believe you, but considering they left the old passing system last yr..

Menelaus

Banned
well, to be honest, i'm sure the old way is a lot easier to succeed with, which is better for the ANYs/CBs. I will be pretty disappointed, though.

QVT

TheVisualizer said:
yo QVT

any idea if everyone will need to use the new tactical defending controls in clubs?

I know it's in ranked online, I just I hope they don't bend to public outcry and let people use the weak-ass old way for clubs...

I asked somebody, I'll let you know when I hear back. I suspect they will be new way only, but I dunno for sure.

I did mention at some point how I was looking forward to scoring all over people until they figured out the defending system and this was met with "We think the scores might be a little higher this year" so we'll see. Good defending could be more important than ever, A Monster!

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
Viz, are you interested in captaining/ANYing the East team?

What I don't count now? lol..

I think dividing in 3 may be too much, but anyway.

Do you lose the VP stats if you transfer teams? It shouldn't affect that right? cause some of those boosts are a pain in the ass...

Also QVT.. I expect your full assistance and cooperation in getting my pro better again this yr.

Menelaus

Banned
sneaky77 said:
What I don't count now? lol..

Do you lose the VP stats if you transfer teams? It shouldn't affect that right? cause some of those boosts are a pain in the ass...

Also QVT.. I expect your full assistance and cooperation in getting my pro better again this yr.
Well, typically it's better to have your human defender be your ANY.

And we'll split Central down the middle to fill the needs of the coastal teams, so only 2 teams.

And no, you don't lose VP stats on a team transfer.

sneaky77 said:
We'll probably do two teams.
Nope. That's part of the motivation behind splitting the team. This way everyone can play and level up their VP. If we were all in the same Club, there would be people on the bench and out of position during those early nights when everyone is on.

Menelaus said:
Viz, are you interested in captaining/ANYing the East team?

Sneaky is a vet, good leader, all-around good guy and has run leagues and stuff, give him the captaincy.

Sneaky I want my money later for saying all those good things about you

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
Sneaky is a vet, good leader, all-around good guy and has run leagues and stuff, give him the captaincy.

Sneaky I want my money later for saying all those good things about you

Lol, nah if the captain needs to be the ANY then Viz in defence is a good choice, unless he wants to only use his pro like last season.. I didn't know captain was tied to Any, although I can play any as needed, but is cool. Besides we need someone to take over free kicks and Viz is a good choice for those

Menelaus

Banned
sneaky77 said:
I didn't know captain was tied to Any, although I can play any as needed, but is cool.
Captain is the first person to enter into their position in the lobby. In Ramen, we would let the ANY be the captain so that they could make adjustments as needed.

sneaky77 said:
Lol, nah if the captain needs to be the ANY then Viz in defence is a good choice, unless he wants to only use his pro like last season.. I didn't know captain was tied to Any, although I can play any as needed, but is cool. Besides we need someone to take over free kicks and Viz is a good choice for those

I'm probably not a good ANY still, I have gotten a lot better on the offensive side of the ball, but I know defending especially near the box is gonna be important so I plan on just playing CB

I've learned my lesson on free kicks, my pro was just incapable of making one with his low rating combined with the button lag. I want no parts of them this year...

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
Captain is the first person to enter into their position in the lobby. In Ramen, we would let the ANY be the captain so that they could make adjustments as needed.

ah, yeah I remember that, I wasn't sure if you were meaning something else was added to the system this season, my bad.

sneaky77 said:
ah, yeah I remember that, I wasn't sure if you were meaning something else was added to the system this season, my bad.

if we are really splitting the clubs, you would need to set it up too Sneaky as "captain"

I'm down with whatever you guys think best, but I really don't think we are gonna have this great mass of people waiting to play, that you guys are anticipating. We could only get like 3 or 4 on at the same time most days after the first week last year...

QVT

TheVisualizer said:
I'm down with whatever you guys think best, but I really don't think we are gonna have this great mass of people waiting to play, that you guys are anticipating. We could only get like 3 or 4 on at the same time most days after the first week last year...

That's what I'm expecting, and that's when we'll make it one club. It's just the initial burst we're trying to placate by doing it this way, really.

The whole captain thing has two meanings, the guy who does invites for the club and picks the name and everything and then the in match captain. We'd probably want the veterans like viz and sneaky and hov to be able to invite and control stuff, and then have the ANY be the in match captain so he can move the goalkeeper and defenders accordingly.

Top Bottom