• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Message 'Awesome Animals' or 'Ragnar Lodbrok' on Xbox for invite! Let us know you're a GAFfer!
I will NOT add you to the club until you post in this thread!
dxQgK.png

banner courtesy of Ragnar Lodbrok

FIFA 13 is finally upon us, and for years we have had a core group of GAF members playing the Pro Club feature of the FIFA series. This year we hope to reignite the spark we had in FIFA 11 that FIFA 12 failed to keep lit. So get your boots on, and don't be afraid to jump online to play because this year FIFA has done a lot to prevent 'boosting' of your Virtual Pro. Also, don't be afraid to participate in VP pick-up games to help get your stats up. This will make for an interesting year, and hopefully we won't need to worry about the hacked pros either.

Sign-ups as follows

GAF Name | Gamertag | Time Zone | Preffered Position

It is important to remember that just because you prefer playing striker, doesn't mean you are entitled to that position. It is important to be flexible in where you play, or I'll boot your ass. This has never really been a problem before.

Also, please only sign-up if you intend to play. I won't hesitate to boot for inactivity either.

Players:
Awesome Animals | Awesome Animals| CST | CF/RW
PrematureQuiche | PrematureQuiche | GMT +0 | Anywhere across the Defense or CDM/CAM
sneaky77 | sneaky77 | EST | CAM/Forward
Chriswok | Chris Kenobi UK | GMT +0 | CDM/CB
Rinse82 | rinse22 | EST | CAM
Hargenx | Hargenx | GMT -3 | CAM/CDM
Cornballer | Cornballer | PST | MC/DM/RB
Meier | abellwillring | CDT (GMT -6) | Midfielder (CM/CAM/DM)
BigLegendHarvey | BigLegendHarvey | GMT+0 anywhere I am needed I don't mind :)
TheVisualizer | The Visualizer | EST | CB/FB
Slizz | DemKillerCanes| EST | CDM, CM, CB, LB, RB
Linius | Don Randy | CEST | Not on the bench
ijm72 | younghov72 | CST | CAM, CM, RW, CF
QVT | QVT | Pacific NA | ST
Menelaus | Ragnar Lodbrok | Central NA | "I'll play whatever position is necessary"
Volgihn | Volgihn | CST (GMT -6) | I will play wherever i am needed.
deadnoob | deadno0b | Central | AM
EazyWeazy3 | EazyWeazy3 | Pacific | CAM
IronBubbles | Gunstar86AD | GMT+1 | Midfield/attack, wherever you need me (though I'm small and light so defense might not be the best)
BattleMedic | wozmcfc | GMT | ST(finisher)
brokenbeans | Broken Beans | GMT | anywhere
TriangleOfCorruption | Rabbitoh94 | GMT+10 but on a pretty erratic schedule | On the wing.
Kikarian | DodgeAnon | UTC | Striker/CF/Left Wing
woodchuck| Dr. Tim Whatley| CDT (GMT - 6) | LW/RW/CAM
Robertoci-Robertoci-UTC-Any position you want except GK
snoopeasystreet | snoopeasystreet | GMT | Midfield
Booties | Booties | EST (GMT -5) | RW, CM, LB, GK
Pappe | sgtr0flc0pter | GMT +5:30 | anywhere really

PrematureQuiche | PrematureQuiche | GMT +0 | Anywhere across the Defense or CDM/CAM

Can't wait to play! Clubs looks so much better with Seasons mode in now.

Linius

I've never played clubs before so I don't really know what to expect. But I guess I'm in :p

Linius | Don Randy | CEST | Not on the bench

I'm not really sure if this is going to work out for me with set times and all because of work and study but I'll just see how it goes.

QVT and Ragnar are in.

QVT | QVT | Pacific NA | ST
Menelaus | Ragnar Lodbrok | Central NA | "I'll play whatever position is necessary"

Also, AstroLad says he's up for it, time permitting.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Astro needs to play less board games.. more clubs lol.

nevaar!

Although I felt like I played a decent amount of clubs last year though it sort of fell apart right? May be misremembering.

New baby + work + board games is a killer ***** but I'm always up for trying out FIFA, boosting my dude, and getting on for some games when possible.

sneaky77

nevaar!

Although I felt like I played a decent amount of clubs last year though it sort of fell apart right? May be misremembering.

New baby + work + board games is a killer ***** but I'm always up for trying out FIFA, boosting my dude, and getting on for some games when possible.

Congratulations on the new member of the family. Yeah last yr it fell apart pretty quickly unfortunately

After playing some clubs on Early Release I have to say it seems good. Seasons mode actually gives you something to aim for. Although the Filters don't work yet and there is people saying that you lose your pro when you change club and you have to start again :/ I have already played like 35 games.

So, I believe Ragnar Lodbrok is going to create the team tomorrow because I won't be able to until late. Good luck guys, and remember Vis always get to take free kicks :)

Nice work on the banner Ragnar, I've been playing drop-ins in the early release, i'm down for the long haul as long as they don't find a way to hack the attributes again or the club gets split in 2 again

It looks like they changed up progression a good deal too, a lot of the accomplishments seem to be more tied to games played which might make it harder for you guys to boost this year. They also took out all the practice arena ones, but it seems like they start you off with better stats than the past 2 years so I guess it balances out.

I'll shoot you guys some XBL friend requests at some point tonight and will probably be around tomorrow night for some games.

sneaky77

Nice work on the banner Ragnar, I've been playing drop-ins in the early release, i'm down for the long haul as long as they don't find a way to hack the attributes again or the club gets split in 2 again

It looks like they changed up progression a good deal too, a lot of the accomplishments seem to be more tied to games played which might make it harder for you guys to boost this year. They also took out all the practice arena ones, but it seems like they start you off with better stats than the past 2 years so I guess it balances out.

I'll shoot you guys some XBL friend requests at some point tonight and will probably be around tomorrow night for some games.

Im ok with the no boosting stuff..

hZoxO.jpg

Good to have you back on board.

thanks m'lord, glad to be back in such esteemed company

So, I believe Ragnar Lodbrok is going to create the team tomorrow because I won't be able to until late. Good luck guys, and remember Vis always get to take free kicks :)

the new skill games force me to practice before FK's before every match I play against the CPU this year, so I'm bound to only sky 99.7% of my potential free kicks into the crowd now

Meier

Bahahaha at the banner. Amazing. I only just got my preorder in yesterday (Amazon) so I probably won't get it for a few days sadly.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
A Fridge To Far
CDM

looking to get wet for the two to three weeks that this club will last for.

Yeah, that was fun last night. The first touch issues can be maddening at times, but I get the feeling that will settle down a little bit as our pros improve and we get the hang of it.

Anyone have tips on using tactical defending? I didn't play a lot of FIFA12, so I'm not used to it yet. So far I've been using contain to close down players and jockey to fill in the passing lanes when necessary. Not sure if there's anything else I should be doing.

Yeah, that was fun last night. The first touch issues can be maddening at times, but I get the feeling that will settle down a little bit as our pros improve and we get the hang of it.

Anyone have tips on using tactical defending? I didn't play a lot of FIFA12, so I'm not used to it yet. So far I've been using contain to close down players and jockey to fill in the passing lanes when necessary. Not sure if there's anything else I should be doing.

I switched the Player Contain and Teammate Contain buttons. I think they are A and RB. It is easier to Jockey than use player contain because using player contain never lets you go in for the tackle. And it makes calling a teammate to help more accessible than having to press the RB button.

I am picking this up at midnight GMT tomorrow and I assume BigLegendHarvey will too (He lives near me, so will be able to take him). So if you guys are playing clubs around then I would love to play!

I switched the Player Contain and Teammate Contain buttons. I think they are A and RB. It is easier to Jockey than use player contain because using player contain never lets you go in for the tackle. And it makes calling a teammate to help more accessible than having to press the RB button.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Top Bottom