• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Menelaus

Banned
Here we go, Nick Channon on the mic. They're going to show actual top down game play, then going into instant replay to further break down the action.

New fully 3d crowds, new presentation system with its own AI system.

AI can anticipate contact and your player will do things like step over outstretched legs. Players will put their arms out to anticipate the body contact.

Can seal out without relying on using the tackle button. This is damn impressive. Defender beasted on a smaller attacker.

4 players max can contest every air ball. This is awesome! Huge scrum with 4 dudes pushing and fighting.

Menelaus

Banned
They just showed off a header in which the ball didn't even hit the attacker's head. More like off his forearm/defender's head. Obviously the hitbox is still kinda fubar'd.

Players can arch their bodies in new ways to get better positioning for a ball delivered behind.

Finesse headers!!

Menelaus

Banned
Q&A time

Q: Scouting in career mode?
A: Focusing on gameplay mostly, screw you career players!

Q: Is there a new set of skill moves?
A: Yes, always adding some every year.

Menelaus

Banned
Made a few gifs off the stream!

New contextual ability to spin 180 automatically as you collect the ball to preserve momentum. Depends on the speed of the pass, angles, etc. Also includes hopping over the ball to preserve momentum.
ihwsgMFFCUbAx.gif

New passing animations, including new lobs, outside of the foot passes.

Can now flick balls off your chest!
ibljDUCxBVxRZH.gif

Players will now adjust their stride to make sure their stride is on correct pace with the shots.

Menelaus

Banned
Q: New leagues?
A: No news on this yet.

Q: Online multiplayer, specifically online career mode?
A: Focusing on gameplay right now. Understands online is important, but more will be revealed later. No news on FUT now either.

Ignite is internally being called the Frostbite engine for sports. Giving them way more options in terms of animations and features.

And it's over. Looks great, guys.

sneaky77

I hope they do concentrate on gameplay, I also hope they can make the pitch bigger in Next gen, sometimes it feels way too cramped in the 360, although it felt more open on the fifa 14 gameplay video.

People still play career mode? I find it such a tedious mode.

Meier

I have been playing the VP-esque career mode a little but you can't ever sim any games or anything so I'm going nuts. I just want to get out of my stupid loan and get back to playing with a decent team. My dude is like a 79 now and all my teammates are in the lows 60s and League One teams play an absolute fuckton of games.

What kind of game is this?
Huge scrum with 4 dudes pushing and fighting. Can now flick balls off your chest!

I've played some in couch co-op manager mode this time around which was fun, but it gets dull in single player mode for me. If I want to do simulation/manager stuff, I'll just fire up FM13.

Eanan

Give me 14 nao. After doing my yearly routine of trading it fifa after new years so as to end the rage induced by UT, I need some fifa soon. Need to get back on the train.

Meier

Good games tonight, guys. The new guy is pretty good - hat trick hero!

Two hat trick heroes tonight! Aww yeah. It's a shame we finally have clicked so well as a team right when we have to start over again (although I guess we get 2 more months).

BTxcsrXIgAEDqZE.jpg:large

It's a shame we finally have clicked so well as a team right when we have to start over again (although I guess we get 2 more months).
Yeah, felt pretty good tonight, though we do have a few months on this one and we can always transfer our chemistry over to next-gen. :p

Top Bottom