• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Npower Championship (Xbox 360, FIFA 12)

Slizz

I'm at work now, I should be able to play tomorrow afternoon from 16 to 19. 15 to 18, GMT talking.

I might or might not be around, big sporting day for me, United game then Miami Heat 2 hrs after the United game. Either way I'm sure we can find a good time.

ATF487

Good game Gibbo. Just saw your timezone, rather lucky we were both on at the same time, heh.

You outplayed me in the second half, lumping it up to the big man only worked for about 35 minutes.

Gibbo

Blackpool 2 - Reading 0. Gg ATF. Was quite surprised the lag wasn't too bad. Was way too wasteful with the chances I had, and your defence was rock solid.

Shogun, I'll let you post our results. I'm way too embarrassed. Lol. My defence was in shambles

ShogunX

Reading 0-7 Leicester

Score line doesn't really reflect the game as Gibbo had some great chances in the first half. Just typical pace abuse of the two Strikers from me really for the majority of my goals.

Stats -

Goals
Delfouneso - 4
Beckford - 3

Assists

Dann - 3
Delfouneso - 2
Beckford - 1
M. Johnson - 1

Sorry, I'm used to Sneaky's rules of having the home team post the results.

Goals:
Bednář - 1
Lualua - 1

Assists:
Lualua - 1
Taylor-Fletcher - 1

Fair enough, I didn't specify who should post, I just want someone to.

EDIT: Table and Stats updated to most recent game.

McNei1y

GG Fintan.

West Ham United vs Middlesborough results: 1 - 2

Middlesborough
Goals

R. Williams
L. Jutkiewicz

Assists

Emnes
Haroun

West Ham United
Goals

M. Taylor

Fintan

McNei1y and I just finished our game. Middlesbrough beat West Ham 2-1. Williams and Jutkiewicz got the goals for Middlesbrough. Taylor got the consilation for West Ham. Middlesbrough assists came from Emnes and Haroun. No one got the assist for West Ham.

It was a close game. McNei1y had a couple of close chances and my first goal was a scrappy rebound from a corner. I had a player sent off early in the second half as well.

McNei1y

McNei1y and I just finished our game. Middlesbrough beat West Ham 2-1. Williams and Jutkiewicz got the goals for Middlesbrough. Taylor got the consilation for West Ham. Middlesbrough assists came from Emnes and Haroun. No one got the assist for West Ham.

It was a close game. McNei1y had a couple of close chances and my first goal was a scrappy rebound from a corner. I had a player sent off early in the second half as well.

Yeah, I've got to look at this roster again. I'm pretending like everyone of the players have amazing handles so easy tackles were made. GG again!!

Slizz

Never had a more frustrating game of FIFA in my entire life.

7-0 Brighton over Southampton

4 goals for Vokes
3 for Mckail Smith

Every ball I defending deflected right to dancake, then for some reason he got a foul so far away from the ball early in the game that he scored off of and it just steamrolled from there

GG but complete bullshit IMO. Especially when its a deadlock in our first attempt of playing

Also dont poach my keeper, its cool cause obv you were going to win since it was your 6th goal but still thats about the only rule.

EDIT: Somewhat satisfying fouling your dude on purpose in the box I was trying for a red only got a yellow, then blocking the pen. Lol minor win. I got some serious ground to make up now.

4 goals for Vokes
3 for Mckail Smith

Every ball I defending deflected right to dancake, then for some reason he got a foul so far away from the ball early in the game that he scored off of and it just steamrolled from there

GG but complete bullshit IMO. Especially when its a deadlock in our first attempt of playing

Also dont poach my keeper, its cool cause obv you were going to win since it was your 6th goal but still thats about the only rule.

EDIT: Somewhat satisfying fouling your dude on purpose in the box I was trying for a red only got a yellow, then blocking the pen. Lol minor win. I got some serious ground to make up now.

That's the Championship :p
I know what you mean

DaNcaKe

4 goals for Vokes
3 for Mckail Smith

6-0*
Vokes (3)
Mackail-Smith (3)

Assists:
Mackail-Smith (2)
Vokes (1)

Didn't see that coming after the first attempt but oh well. Connection was a lot smoother second time round so I could actually pass it around.
In my eyes, I didn't poach your keeper either, you misplaced the pass and my guy just locked onto it, it's not like I intentionally stood in front of your defender, but w/e. My first 'competitive' match so I was in autopilot mode and bagged, but if you want to deduct a goal then it was Mackail-Smith who scored.
Good game.

ShogunX

Goals
Delfouneso - 4
Beckford - 3

Assists

Dann - 3
Delfouneso - 2
Beckford - 1
M. Johnson - 1

Just for the record - It currently says Beckford on 1 goal in the OP but he scored 3 as posted above. I know it's only a shitty detail but we have a bit of competition going between 3 of us who play clubs together (Me, Dancake and mshlive) for top scorer lol.

Slizz

6-0*
Vokes (3)
Mackail-Smith (3)

Assists:
Mackail-Smith (2)
Vokes (1)

Didn't see that coming after the first attempt but oh well. Connection was a lot smoother second time round so I could actually pass it around.
In my eyes, I didn't poach your keeper either, you misplaced the pass and my guy just locked onto it, it's not like I intentionally stood in front of your defender, but w/e. My first 'competitive' match so I was in autopilot mode and bagged, but if you want to deduct a goal then it was Mackail-Smith who scored.
Good game.

Yo you are totally right, I did pass to the wrong guy, my bad. Score stands at 6-0

It was blind rage after that goal cause I was clearly holding my LS all the way down(left on the field) and it passed to my CB

Just for the record - It currently says Beckford on 1 goal in the OP but he scored 3 as posted above. I know it's only a shitty detail but we have a bit of competition going between 3 of us who play clubs together (Me, Dancake and mshlive) for top scorer lol.

It is not a shitty detail! Thanks for letting me know!

Also, if you're looking for anyone else for clubs, I'm about to become a Free Agent. I'm good at poaching goals from midfield or attack. Also open for any position though!

Fintan

Middlesbrough beat Portsmouth 2-1. It was a really close game. First half neither of us could get a shot off. Jutkiewicz and Emnes got the goals for Middlesbrough and Norris for Portsmouth.

Me and Fintan just finished. 2-1 to Middlesbrough.

L. Jutkiewicz and M. Emnes with the goals for the Boro. (Assist for B. Robson)

I managed to pull one back through D. Norris in the 89th min but it was too late. Good game :D

Derby County 2 - 1 Portsmouth

Goals:

57' Derby County, J. Shackell (J. Ward)

77' Porstmouth, E. Huseklepp (G. Halford)

87' Derby County, S. Davies (N. Tyson)

After a reset of play from the initial kick-off due to lag, the match between Derby County and Portsmouth could not have been closer. Portsmouth put good pressure early on but could not develop a quality shot in the first half. Derby County had few chances but also could not produce a shot to adequately challenge the Pompey keeper.

The second half started, and it was Derby County who earned a spot on the scorecard first. A fine corner from J. Ward near the penalty spot produced a brilliant result as Shackell was the first to touch the ball and produce a strong header into the back of the net. As the game continued it became a battle for the midfield as neither team could penetrate the defenses that were on the pitch tonight. After a poor clearance from the Rams keeper, Huseklepp provided the crowd with a brilliant shot from the top of the box.

The game looked to be a draw, until the 87th minute. After a strong period of possession play by Derby County, Nathan Tyson provided a Trequartista quality distribution to Steve Davies at the top of the box and provided an opportunity for a beautiful curled shot to the left post.

Great game Willkiller! It really could have gone either way.

Derby County 2 - 1 Portsmouth

Goals:

57' Derby County, J. Shackell (J. Ward)

77' Porstmouth, E. Huseklepp (G. Halford)

87' Derby County, S. Davies (N. Tyson)

After a reset of play from the initial kick-off due to lag, the match between Derby County and Portsmouth could not have been closer. Portsmouth put good pressure early on but could not develop a quality shot in the first half. Derby County had few chances but also could not produce a shot to adequately challenge the Pompey keeper.

The second half started, and it was Derby County who earned a spot on the scorecard first. A fine corner from J. Ward near the penalty spot produced a brilliant result as Shackell was the first to touch the ball and produce a strong header into the back of the net. As the game continued it became a battle for the midfield as neither team could penetrate the defenses that were on the pitch tonight. After a poor clearance from the Rams keeper, Huseklepp provided the crowd with a brilliant shot from the top of the box.

The game looked to be a draw, until the 87th minute. After a strong period of possession play by Derby County, Nathan Tyson provided a Trequartista quality distribution to Steve Davies at the top of the box and provided an opportunity for a beautiful curled shot to the left post.

Great game Willkiller! It really could have gone either way.

Wow! I was excited reading that even though I knew the ending ;)

Great game. Always nice to talk to an American who knows his football too! Shame I wasn't more talkative, my throat is in agony after the derby game!

I shall get my revenge as Newcastle :D

Fintan

Hey Awesome Animals, it's not a big deal but just to let you know there's a typo in Middlesbrough's name in the league table. There's no 'o' between the 'b' and 'r'.

Wow! I was excited reading that even though I knew the ending ;)

Great game. Always nice to talk to an American who knows his football too! Shame I wasn't more talkative, my throat is in agony after the derby game!

I shall get my revenge as Newcastle :D

Absolutely, it was great talking to a Newcastle fan!

Hey Awesome Animals, it's not a big deal but just to let you know there's a typo in Middlesbrough's name in the league table. There's no 'o' between the 'b' and 'r'.

If it wasn't a pain in the ass to update that table, I'd do it now. For now, I'll wait until the next update. Thanks for letting me know though!

Messi, DodgeAnon, elsk, and Rikkun; so far you have not gotten any games in! Don't forget the deadline is Sunday night!

Messi

Absolutely, it was great talking to a Newcastle fan!

If it wasn't a pain in the ass to update that table, I'd do it now. For now, I'll wait until the next update. Thanks for letting me know though!

Messi, DaNcaKe, elsk, and Rikkun; so far you have not gotten any games in! Don't forget the deadline is Sunday night!

Calling me out twice dude :p

mshlive

DodgeAnon is my 2nd fixture, he's online a fair bit and I've messaged him twice asking when he wants to play with no reply...

Rikkun

Played against Shogun Pain, he won 3-0.
I couldn't even pass the midfield without already having no options, well done

Hopefully he kept track of the strikers, I forgot to :\

ShogunX

Leicester 3-0 Leeds

Played in the rain which meant the game was very slow paced and neither team got much going. I was pretty wasteful when in good positions and both of my striker seemed to have no stamina left with about 20 minutes to go. Rikkun didn't really have too much on goal apart from one shot that Schmeichel decided to dive over and it narrowly missed the post. Think the rain spoiled the match for both team to be honest as Rikkuns passing style was effected badly.

Goals -
Defouneso - 2
Beckford - 1

Assists -
Beckford - 2
Delfouneso - 1

Rikkun

Leicester 3-0 Leeds

Played in the rain which meant the game was very slow paced and neither team got much going. I was pretty wasteful when in good positions and both of my striker seemed to have no stamina left with about 20 minutes to go. Rikkun didn't really have too much on goal apart from one shot that Schmeichel decided to dive over and it narrowly missed the post. Think the rain spoiled the match for both team to be honest as Rikkuns passing style was effected badly.

Goals -
Defouneso - 2
Beckford - 1

Assists -
Beckford - 2
Delfouneso - 1

ahah, that dive was so wrong! Yeah I guess the rain ruined everything to me, and on top I couldn't defend properly.. you totally deserve to win anyway :)

Well, come Sunday, we will (try to) take a vote on how we want to handle the people who haven't gotten their games done. Someone who hasn't responded may just get crossed out, and leave us with thirteen participants. We may end up with only ten participants. We shall see...

Slizz

Well, come Sunday, we will (try to) take a vote on how we want to handle the people who haven't gotten their games done. Someone who hasn't responded may just get crossed out, and leave us with thirteen participants. We may end up with only ten participants. We shall see...

Void it all and start over!

6 goals down after 1 game =(

Rikkun, if you're available now-ish I can play, if not tell me when you're available.

DaNcaKe

Brighton 4 - 0 Bristol City

Goals:
Vokes (3)
Vicente

Assists:
Mackail-Smith
Vokes
LuaLua

Damn. Another pretty close affair which the scoreline doesn't reflect (0-0 @ HT). I enjoyed a fair share of the possession but I couldn't really get anything going up top. Bristol looked dangerous on the counter throughout but seemed to be struggling up top much like myself, although this was mainly due to the MoTM, my keeper. The second goal was just a clusterfuck in the box which led to some strange OG (Vokes got credited it though) and then after that I scored two goals on the counter when Bristol were trying to get back into it.

Good game.

Messi

Brighton 4 - 0 Bristol City

Goals:
Vokes (3)
Vicente

Assists:
Mackail-Smith
Vokes
LuaLua

Damn. Another pretty close affair which the scoreline doesn't reflect (0-0 @ HT). I enjoyed a fair share of the possession but I couldn't really get anything going up top. Bristol looked dangerous on the counter throughout but seemed to be struggling up top much like myself, although this was mainly due to the MoTM, my keeper. The second goal was just a clusterfuck in the box which led to some strange OG (Vokes got credited it though) and then after that I scored two goals on the counter when Bristol were trying to get back into it.

Good game.

Bloody og threw me way off. Good win though

Rikkun

Void it all and start over!

6 goals down after 1 game =(

Rikkun, if you're available now-ish I can play, if not tell me when you're available.

I'll be online in the morning (8), from 11 to 13 GMT. Then I'll be busy until friday because it's my birthday today (8th of march, again) :D

I'll be sliding my ass on SSX and Vanquish, but feel free to bother me whenever you see me online! And sorry for being not too much on XBL this week but friday afternoon I'll have to play a REVENGEANCE 5-a-side football against my last-girlfriend-now-boyfriend-who-took-her-from-me. I got some extra classes from Montero, Materazzi and Gattuso.

I'll be online in the morning (8), from 11 to 13 GMT. Then I'll be busy until friday because it's my birthday today (8th of march, again) :D

I'll be sliding my ass on SSX and Vanquish, but feel free to bother me whenever you see me online! And sorry for being not too much on XBL this week but friday afternoon I'll have to play a REVENGEANCE 5-a-side football against my last-girlfriend-now-boyfriend-who-took-her-from-me. I got some extra classes from Montero, Materazzi and Gattuso.

Nutmeg then Teabag that motherfucker for all the men who have been in this situation.

EDIT: Alright, stats and standings should reflect all finished games!

Fintan

As quickly as I reached the top of the table I was knocked off it! Damn you goal difference!!!

EDIT: I think Brighton's goal difference should be 10. Won the first game 6-0 and the second 4-0.

Rikkun

Leeds United 1 - Southampton - 6

Scorers:

Leeds
McCormack

Southampton
Hooiveld
Lambert(2)
Cork
Fonte
Guly

Also Goal Of The Season Candidate; John Cork:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/116383529

dat defending.

I'll just play SSX, damn you football, damn you big time fifa.
Sorry for not posting before but I forgot then went out!

I'd prefer an early hard challenge to let him know you're there.

Well all happened in June, so I don't need to warn him. I just want to humiliate him, should be doable, I have an aurelio up my sleeve.

Nutmeg then Teabag that motherfucker for all the men who have been in this situation.

I will, for broken-heart-breaking-ankle-GAF

Top Bottom