• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

I wish it would allow you to break the data down further. For example, break stats down by position so you could see how many goals you have at ST, CAM, etc. You could then use that data to come up with a lot more meaningful numbers, like strike rate as a forward or possession retention as a defensive mid.
Yeah, I'd love to see more stats, but I doubt they have much interest in including them given the short dev cycle and the fact that FUT is what's making a lot of their money these days. Have we ever seen a breakdown in FIFA time by game mode? Curious what percentage is on Clubs vs FUT vs manager mode...
cornballer, that blog makes FIFA 14 sound promising. The problem I have with early impressions like that is they depend heavily on the testers. To them, the game plays slower, but they were also taking their time and testing the features. Throw me in an Ultimate Team game against Luiz, Ramieres, Welliton, etc, and we'll see how "slow" the game actually plays.
The split into different modes makes it increasingly problematic to use the same game for playing against the AI, FUT, head to head, and Clubs. They can be very different and it's tough to have an engine that works for all of them.

Well, part of that "slow"ness is relative. Clubs plays SO much faster than offline seasons.
Most definitely. I do like the idea of different players actually playing differently. Use your strengths, whether that's size, quickness, dribbling, passing, etc...

Menelaus

Banned
I wish for our created players they had bars you could fill with skill points...weight your skills towards dribbling/passing/shooting instead of the "creator" and "finisher" traits that tell us nothing. That, and height/weight actually meaning something.

Meier

My goals and assists numbers are appallingly poor. :lol

Hard to score much as a DM or FB! You make a huge difference though that's for sure. Even though the game drives me mad, Clubs is my favorite part of console gaming. Just a lot of fun hanging out with you guys.

*group hug*

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you guys need to decide b/c i'm only getting one of the two redundant consoles this gen :D

kinda hoping sony knocks it out of the park, which with how things are being teed up for them at this point would require little more than "exactly what they have with the ps3 but with better graphics"

sneaky77

you guys need to decide b/c i'm only getting one of the two redundant consoles this gen :D

kinda hoping sony knocks it out of the park, which with how things are being teed up for them at this point would require little more than "exactly what they have with the ps3 but with better graphics"

I think Sony will have some form of DRM, but it will not have an always watching camera.. so that alone makes me lean in that direction. Plus some of the smaller indy self publish titles that wont be available in microsoft

Menelaus

Banned

It's been the consensus among us so far (on twitter at least) that we're mostly in the PS4 camp. Monday might change that. Personally, I am not getting the Xbone no matter what. I'll save my money for an Oculus Rift over that at this point.

Meier

I think Sony will have some form of DRM, but it will not have an always watching camera.. so that alone makes me lean in that direction. Plus some of the smaller indy self publish titles that wont be available in microsoft

I personally don't care about indie games at all more or less, but I am leaning towards PS4 at the moment. If they also institute a similar system to MS though, I will probably just skip both and play Football Manager and FIFA on my PC (where it's always available for like $20 or $30 anyway).

Menelaus

Banned
I personally don't care about indie games at all more or less, but I am leaning towards PS4 at the moment. If they also institute a similar system to MS though, I will probably just skip both and play Football Manager and FIFA on my PC (where it's always available for like $20 or $30 anyway).

But no new FIFA engine on PC =(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
But no new FIFA engine on PC =(

Is there going to be a new engine or are they going to follow the usual EA route of having the first next-gen version be close to inferior to the last last-gen version?

Gaaaah I wish FIFA still had real competition. Damn Seabass. Cornballer recommended Seasons mode though and it's quite great imo.

sneaky77

Is there going to be a new engine or are they going to follow the usual EA route of having the first next-gen version be close to inferior to the last last-gen version?

Gaaaah I wish FIFA still had real competition. Damn Seabass. Cornballer recommended Seasons mode though and it's quite great imo.

they said no new engine on PC at least this yr, but I guess it may be longer

Menelaus

Banned

New engine across all next-gen EA Sports titles called the Ignite Engine; won't be making it to PC this year, and never making it back to 360/PS3.

No one knows what the feature set/gameplay will be like yet, but I imagine it'll be a typical launch title with great graphics and shit gameplay.

sneaky77

New engine across all next-gen EA Sports titles called the Ignite Engine; won't be making it to PC this year, and never making it back to 360/PS3.

No one knows what the feature set/gameplay will be like yet, but I imagine it'll be a typical launch title with great graphics and shit gameplay.

as long as there is clubs

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I do need to get on to Clubs but I lost my power cord to my Halo one and had to trash my stock one so don't have a mic and obviously Clubs w/o mic not so great. I'll see if I can dig up the cord but oh how I wish it was just micro USB or something standard.

I put in my PS4 preorder last night. I'm under "Borncaller" on PSN because Cornballer was gone when I registered in 2008 or whenever.

Are people going to going to double dip on FIFA14 or just pick up the next gen version whenever that's out for PS4?

Meier

I am abellwillring on PSN as well. Not sure about FIFA double dipping.. will see what the consensus is with you guys. I'd be inclined to hold out until the PS4 release personally. Would only be a few more months.

Menelaus

Banned
That's probably the more sensible solution.

Also, does anyone know if PSN+ memberships go on discount, or do they hold pretty firm on the pricing?

Yesterday, someone was talking about them being on sale now, 1 year for like 29.99. Can't remember where they were on sale at, though.

Meier

Yesterday, someone was talking about them being on sale now, 1 year for like 29.99. Can't remember where they were on sale at, though.

Whaaaat? Where?! Find out if so. I have never once seen them go on sale with 1 exception. Target had a small sale on the 3-month card (and mistakenly showed the 1-year card in their ad) for like $15 but the one I went to wouldn't honor the deal for the 1-year membership sadly. That's the only time I've seen it happen.

sneaky77

I am not likely going to double dip on Fifa 14, although I did last time a new console was coming out.

I am thesneaky77 on psn although I guess it may change but for now I created that a few weeks ago when I got my bluray player since sneaky77 was gone.

I saw someone said they were on sale at best buy for 39.99

I'll add you gents tonight. Will be interesting to see what happens when we switch consoles. Probably are a few PSN GAF that would want to join up.

Thanks for the info on PSN memberships, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for cheap ones.

deadnoob

I'll be joining the PS4 camp as well. PSN name is xzymandias, although I might try to grab a new name before moving to PS4.

Also, if the PSN GAF already has a club, we need to have a GAF derby to see who is better.

Meier

I put in my preorder tonight for the PS4 itself. Had $255 credit I was waiting to put towards a Wii U but they never dropped the price and Pikmin just kept getting delayed. Oh well..

Stop blaming your lag on the netcode, and start blaming it on the Pacific Ocean.
Yup. It's pretty rare that we get much lag here in the US, but our overseas compatriots get it all the time.
I just made mine on their site, never actually logged into a PS3 with it, so that's probably the case.
I figured that was it. They need to add the ability to add friends via the online interface, too. Takes a while to type them in with a controller. :/

sneaky77

Yup. It's pretty rare that we get much lag here in the US, but our overseas compatriots get it all the time.
I figured that was it. They need to add the ability to add friends via the online interface, too. Takes a while to type them in with a controller. :/

Pretty soon there will be a touchpad... lol

Menelaus

Banned
I changed my mind about my PSN name...

uvsboGN.png

k0ji-wd

Stop blaming your lag on the netcode, and start blaming it on the Pacific Ocean.

Last time I tried (months ago) it was literally unplayable for me in Clubs and the OTP modes, as in games would time out and boot everyone from the game, even against locals. Weird, considering seasons this year has been lag free for me even against Europeans and Americans.

Top Bottom