• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also, if the PSN GAF already has a club, we need to have a GAF derby to see who is better.

The set of PS3 FIFA players probably consists entirely of euros who accidentally grabbed FIFA instead of PES. But no I'm pretty confident there has never been a GAF Club on PS3 despite a few random efforts to start one. I'm sure there are at least a few individual players though who would be interested.

Nothing exceptional, it's just typical Rutter and no gameplay.
JEPIxcG.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait on hands-on reports and possibly vids from the next-gen setup whenever people get a chance with that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Per EA tradition, is there any way that the first next-gen version won't be worse from a gameplay/features perspective, with marginally better graphics? Still excited but bracing for impact on that one.

Menelaus

Banned
Per EA tradition, is there any way that the first next-gen version won't be worse from a gameplay/features perspective, with marginally better graphics? Still excited but bracing for impact on that one.

There are bound to be bugs galore, just like any other EA sports first gen title. What's worse is I'm betting that the Impact Engine will likely be affected by moving to a new game engine, meaning that 14 is gonna be a little rough around the edges. No surprise they're showing off current gen prominently from a gameplay perspective.

sneaky77

The set of PS3 FIFA players probably consists entirely of euros who accidentally grabbed FIFA instead of PES. But no I'm pretty confident there has never been a GAF Club on PS3 despite a few random efforts to start one. I'm sure there are at least a few individual players though who would be interested.

So what you're saying is that they need to be eliminated?

I thought I would post here quickly to say it seems the PC club is jumping ship to PS4 as well! Could be a pretty stacked club next year :lol. I am still not 100% sure Clubs will make the first next gen FIFA but I really hope so.

Menelaus

Banned
I thought I would post here quickly to say it seems the PC club is jumping ship to PS4 as well! Could be a pretty stacked club next year :lol. I am still not 100% sure Clubs will make the first next gen FIFA but I really hope so.

You guys don't want to play on the last gen engine?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tried to hop on tonight, but realized I hadn't even made a guy yet. Guess I was remembering my FIFA 12 guy. :/ Really thought there would be an option to boost at least partway via $$ as horrifying as that would be to GAF but alas.

Rough batch of games but it was fun just the same. Welcome back to the club, Koji!
Those first three games were brutal, but at least we pulled out a win.
Tried to hop on tonight, but realized I hadn't even made a guy yet. Guess I was remembering my FIFA 12 guy. :/ Really thought there would be an option to boost at least partway via $$ as horrifying as that would be to GAF but alas.
You should just hop on and play. Even if your guy is just starting off he'll be better than a generic. You'll level up quickly, too.

Meier

You should just hop on and play. Even if your guy is just starting off he'll be better than a generic. You'll level up quickly, too.

Agreed. It actually goes really fast and I know you've played some single player games so you probably have some EAS FC points that you can use to buy upgrades to your VP. You'll be around an 80 before you know it.

Menelaus

Banned
Some quotes from CB's articles (tried to find comparisons to this gen):

FIFA 14 is different. From my hands-on, it feels as good as what's on the current gen - with a marked graphical upgrade to boot.

versions for the Xbox One from Microsoft and the PlayStation 4 from Sony will be out before the end of the year.

The player models don't make the same graphical leap as the crowd. They don't look drastically better than the current generation games, but the fantastic movement animations make the gameplay look much more smooth.

On the field, the current-gen version's quickness is retained - a demo match of Barcelona vs Atletico saw play zipping back and forward, all intricate passing and surging runs. As with the current-gen version, the shooting is also far better than last year - the new locomotion system makes for more and better shot animations and types.

Players no longer turn like drunk super freighters either, and on the whole it should be easy for players to move from one version to another should they upgrade - a good sign given FIFA 14's quality on Xbox 360.

The gameplay doesn't deviate drastically from the conventions set by the current-gen version, but you feel much more in control of your player and the ball moves with its own determination instead of magnetizing to the intended pass target or marking defender moving in for a turnover.

To improve the box play, EA has made changes to how players receive air balls as well. Now up to four players will jostle for a header, and players must perfectly time their headers to get a shot off. Tapping the shot button results in a glancing header, which you can aim anywhere at the next. Holding down the button gives you a power header.

Thanks, man. I was too lazy to quote all of it.

Sounds like it plays pretty similar to the current-gen FIFA14, but it'll look nicer and have a bunch of extra animations. Works for me provided FIFA14 is a step up from FIFA13.

Menelaus

Banned
I'm definitely happy to hear that the gameplay will have more parity between generations than in the past, that's a good sign. Still no word on FUT or Clubs for next gen though.

And I'm sure Robert will be happy to hear about the "drunk super freighters" bit.

Menelaus

Banned
Also saw this tidbit in an article about the 360 version, but if they include in next gen, could eliminate some of our late-in-the-match shittiness.

For example: ball control was affected too much in FIFA 13 based on the player’s fatigue. So a player like Xavi—someone who is rated around 95 for ball play—if in the 90th minute his fatigue was low, his attributes get decreased too significantly. That’s something we’ve resolved this year.

sneaky77

Also saw this tidbit in an article about the 360 version, but if they include in next gen, could eliminate some of our late-in-the-match shittiness.

Its the first thing I hear about Fatigue affecting anything because in seasons online it def does not feel like it. Ronaldo is still Ronaldo even with no stamina left he still faster than anyone

Found a few more hands-on reports:

- IGN
- OperationSports

In all honesty you probably won’t even notice many of these little touches in the middle of a game, but together they add up to make a football experience that’s a noticeable step forward than anything we’ve seen before, and not just visually. Like FIFA 14 on current-gen, the pace of the game feels more considered and like any new iteration it takes a little getting used to the change of pace.
My takeaway from FIFA 14 on next-gen is that it's using the new tech better than the last generation of consoles did at launch (FIFA Road to World Cup, NHL 2K6). For a game that's straddling the generation, there are definitely some nice advances in overall visual fidelity, and the animations and smoothness of gameplay are of particular note.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You can buy traits on the EA Store in the game depending on your EA rank. There are some online be a pro +1 boosts

Yeah thanks Meier mentioned that too. Went ahead and did it so I'm like a 76 or something now? Only level 19 or so, so only have a few upgrades available though I did get them all except the goalie ones.

For the Seasons players, what division are you guys in? Only started playing the past few weeks obviously but I really like what they've done with that system vs. just playing randoms. In D4 now.

sneaky77

Yeah thanks Meier mentioned that too. Went ahead and did it so I'm like a 76 or something now? Only level 19 or so, so only have a few upgrades available though I did get them all except the goalie ones.

For the Seasons players, what division are you guys in? Only started playing the past few weeks obviously but I really like what they've done with that system vs. just playing randoms. In D4 now.

I been in Div1 mostly now, I got relegated to Div2 once and came back up right away.

Top Bottom