• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Menelaus

Banned
Sorry for ignoring the party invites, had friends over and we were playing offline games.

Up for some clubs now though!

Menelaus

Banned
Ran into HORNBUCKLE and crew again, who proceeded to whoop up on us 5-1. In the 85th minute, I engaged my ANY dick mode, and started fucking with their forward, just passing in a circle around him with the keeper and d-line. In the 89th minute they quit, up by 4 goals. I invited them to our party to see what was up, and apparently one of them got randomly disconnected. SUCKERS! HORNSWAGGLED, YEE-HAW!

Also, promoted to D4.

So I am playing coaching career with the LA Galaxy.

Beckham is thinking of retiring, is there any way I can change his mind? I am only 5 games into the season.

Also What is you substitution strategy as far as after the half?

Thanks. Soccer is not my strength as far as knowledge.

Meier

So I am playing coaching career with the LA Galaxy.

Beckham is thinking of retiring, is there any way I can change his mind? I am only 5 games into the season.

Also What is you substitution strategy as far as after the half?

Thanks. Soccer is not my strength as far as knowledge.

This thread is devoted to a XBL Pro Clubs team -- there is a different thread devoted to the game itself that's probably now here in the Gaming Community as well.. I think it has Welcome to the Club in the title so that might have thrown you off.

For me personally, I usually make subs based solely off the guy's fatigue levels.. nothing too inventive behind it. If I'm losing, I might be a bit more attack minded with my subs though (it's pretty rare that your back 4 will ever need to be subbed). Since you don't have any time limits on making decisions in single player, it could be worth altering your formation a bit based on the scenario. Something like a 4-3-3 is very attack-minded.

Your best bet to prevent Beckham from retiring may be to just offer him a new deal with a bigger contract. I always get rid of my old dudes in soccer/football games so I don't have much experience with retirement.

This thread is devoted to a XBL Pro Clubs team -- there is a different thread devoted to the game itself that's probably now here in the Gaming Community as well.. I think it has Welcome to the Club in the title so that might have thrown you off.

For me personally, I usually make subs based solely off the guy's fatigue levels.. nothing too inventive behind it. If I'm losing, I might be a bit more attack minded with my subs though (it's pretty rare that your back 4 will ever need to be subbed). Since you don't have any time limits on making decisions in single player, it could be worth altering your formation a bit based on the scenario. Something like a 4-3-3 is very attack-minded.

Your best bet to prevent Beckham from retiring may be to just offer him a new deal with a bigger contract. I always get rid of my old dudes in soccer/football games so I don't have much experience with retirement.

Thank you. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Meier

Div 4 Champs! Starfleets, Volghin and I secured that earlier.

Back on now if anyone wants to play.
Nice work! I won Division 1 of FUT for the first time tonight. Woohoo! Was 5-0-2 and then lost a game late after leading 3-2. He scored the winner with the last kick of the game but I knew a draw didn't help so I didn't mind too much.

Had to win the last two and pulled off a 3-0 win followed by a 5-1 win to do it. I was so pumped! Of course the free pack I got had utter shit in it. Figures.

Menelaus

Banned
Doesn't the S have something to do with daylight savings?

We need to move to metric time like those weird Canadians, that would solve our problems.

sneaky77

I am more interested in seeing the Next Gen stuff.. although I am glad that finally they are trying to do something to fix the lob thru balls lol

I can't tell much from that trailer aside from the different shooting physics. I'll need to some some standard Tele gameplay footage to gauge what's going on.

Kampfers

Neo Member
Taking a sec to look back on our achievements thus far

Record: 402-272-444
38 pro/32 rel
#2179 ranked club (out of 713,457)

3x Bronze Division Champs
10x Silver Division Champs
1x Gold Division Champs (Div 3)

1x EA Cup
2x Continental Cup

Best division: 2

Pretty impressive results overall

Menelaus

Banned
I sure would like to get those wins higher than those losses before FIFA 14 hits, but yeah, overall, a very solid showing from us this year. That's 1118 games, or 372 hours of games worth.

Here are the player stats as of this morning, Shino's been killing it. I laughed at the fact that I have the lowest pass completion %, I always thought I was a good passer =(

TKY7GZa.png

Kampfers

Neo Member
I wish it would allow you to break the data down further. For example, break stats down by position so you could see how many goals you have at ST, CAM, etc. You could then use that data to come up with a lot more meaningful numbers, like strike rate as a forward or possession retention as a defensive mid.

cornballer, that blog makes FIFA 14 sound promising. The problem I have with early impressions like that is they depend heavily on the testers. To them, the game plays slower, but they were also taking their time and testing the features. Throw me in an Ultimate Team game against Luiz, Ramieres, Welliton, etc, and we'll see how "slow" the game actually plays.

Top Bottom