• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Meier

Yeah that was a blast! Everyone was playing very well last night. I'm going to the gym tonight after work but I may be able to play some time after 7:30 or so.

I hope to see you guys again tonight. Last night was pretty fun. Meier is a beast on CAM and Cornballer has found a knack for laser guided aerial balls.

Stoke Style, yeah! The goalie had no chance -- if you come out of your box, you had better get the ball or get a red card, or else this happens:

iuo991rgfx2oV.gif

Tawpgun

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get better in this game. In fact, I almost seem to be getting worse.

I should also mention aside from a few games of FIFA 12 at a friends place, FIFA 13 is my first FIFA game.

It just seems like my players are always fucking up and not doing what I want them to. I've tried skill games, but im having a hard time getting through some of them. Like there's one for lobbing it into a bunch of trashcans, and I consistently hit the same spots no matter what I do to power and aim. Sometimes it bounces on the rims of the cans and out of play and it doesn't count which is horseshit.

I felt when I first started playing I was a lot better. Dunno why. I always feel "congested" whenever I play a match, like I have no freedom to move around because people are swarming all over me. I watch soccer matches and this seems even ridiculous for that.

Are you playing offline or online? If you are playing online, try playing offline.

What difficulty are you playing against? If you are playing offline. Lower the difficulty setting until you are scoring goals with little effort, then step up your game. Keep in mind, there is a steep jump from 'Professional' to 'World Class'.

Have you looked at your controller settings? Most people find 'auto' the best setting for passing, through balls, and switch player. With the switch player function also switched to 'headers only'. Additionally, set the cross to 'semi'.

Additionally, if you goto the 'Arena Mode', under 'Skill Games' and press the back button on your controller, you can bring up an 11v11 practice mode which is nice.

Try using 'LT' and 'LB' (L2, L1) when receiving passes. Also, you can use 'LB' (L1) to send a player on the run.

Don't be afraid to pass backwards, or outside. Crossing is a great way to get the ball into the box when first starting out as well, and the 'B' (O) button will clear the ball in your half which is a great tool to get used to now when you are just trying to get the ball out of your third of the pitch.

If you are playing on Xbox, feel free to add me (GT: Awesome Animals), and we can play some matches together.

heckfu

Banned
Hey guys! Meier sent me here to get some games going. I currently play with people from HaloGAF but the competition has left me wanting something more challenging. No offense to Booties or Tawpgun! Do people still play regularly?

Meier

I felt when I first started playing I was a lot better. Dunno why. I always feel "congested" whenever I play a match, like I have no freedom to move around because people are swarming all over me. I watch soccer matches and this seems even ridiculous for that.

To add on to Awesome's suggestions, I've found that playing Ultimate Team can be beneficial for improving your overall skill. I imagine online seasons mode would provide the same benefit but I felt like FUT had some added competitive benefits.

I'm still terrible at skill moves (I've never been a fighting game fan or anything that requires multiple buttons at the same time so I guess I just didn't train myself for this) but it forces you to get better at defense and other aspects that may not come as naturally. You'll get absolutely battered if you move up to 2nd or 3rd division "too quickly" but it'll help in the end.

Hey guys! Meier sent me here to get some games going. I currently play with people from HaloGAF but the competition has left me wanting something more challenging. No offense to Booties or Tawpgun! Do people still play regularly?

Add Ragnar Lodbrok (Menelaus) to your friend's list and ask for a club invite the next time we're playing. Someone will usually post a heads up in the thread if there are a few folks together.

Meus/Starfleets, Cornballer, myself, FreeRadical, Kampfers, Ragnar and Sneaky are the most regular players. Robertoci has also started playing with us a lot. It's not uncommon to have 5-6 guys playing for a few hours.

Awesome has gone all Pep on us and taken a bit of a sabbatical or something!

Meier

Also, now you guys know why I said call for the ball if we're on the break and you're on the opposite side of the pitch -- I can't see you since I use the Pro camera! The only real way to see if others are nearby but not in your field of view is to check the radar and it's risky to take your eyes off the ball. :p

Meier

Sneaky's back? Rad. Would be fun if we could get everyone on at some point. By the way, I talked to Astrolad this weekend and he might be interested in making a cameo at some point.

In other news, here's a goal I banged in off the crotch of my striker in career mode the other night.

Hah, my buddy scored a goal in his Sunday League game last weekend with his crotch. Apparently the ball bounced up and he thrusted it home with his crotch. He said it hurt but was worth it. :lol

Astrolad maybe coming back for some games after a QVT appearance? The gang's all here!

p.s. You'd think since FIFA makes EA a billion dollars or so they could at least give us a decent quality replay when we share them. UGH, so sick of what is not even 240p at best.

Menelaus

Banned
Also, now you guys know why I said call for the ball if we're on the break and you're on the opposite side of the pitch -- I can't see you since I use the Pro camera! The only real way to see if others are nearby but not in your field of view is to check the radar and it's risky to take your eyes off the ball. :p

i can't get over how you can use that camera...my xbox lags to hell with it, and then add clubs lag on top of that...yikes.

CB, GIFs are the new hotness, cmon!

ibbkHyTNOmXTPr.gif

Oh, lovely. Rags just got banned again. :/

EDIT: Looks like he has a new Twitter account, so I guess we can coordinate via that.

I tend to be available most of the time but I rarely check this thread so I didn't know you guys were playing. Best way to contact me is through text or Twitter.

Top Bottom