• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet, we can burn our 500 dollars together!

q19B9.gif

Until I bail out and it is only you wasting your money.

Or I dont open it right away and either flip it or return it to amazon if I change my mind :p

Mrbob

If I'm not there day one I can't be the best at what is truly important, having the highest media score. Get chieves for watching Twitch!

If NFS runs fine at 30FPS who cares? Sometimes I look at these complaints and I just don't know what to say. Would it be great if the game ran even better at 60FPS? Sure, but it runs pretty damn well at 30FPS anyway.

Having a solid 30FPS is better than 30FPS with drops, but if you have a rig that can push 60FPS and above it is nice to have. Personally, I can tell a big difference in games running them at 30FPS and then 60FPS back to back. You can get to used to 30FPS though if that is all you are playing at.

Smokey

If NFS runs fine at 30FPS who cares? Sometimes I look at these complaints and I just don't know what to say. Would it be great if the game ran even better at 60FPS? Sure, but it runs pretty damn well at 30FPS anyway.

Not sure if anyone has been to this site, but it's pretty cool for tracking trophies and all that stat stuff. http://psnprofiles.com/

locking framerate on a unrestricted platform like PC is garbage and archaic

quick gif from the previous twitch
ibaNI64gsSWjdp.gif

hnng

Smokey

For those that have need for speed rivals.. Where the hell do you sign into origin? Everytime I try and access features it says I must be signed into EA and psn servers but doesn't actually give me the option to do so.

Ferny

This seems crazy to me.
PAC3H29.png

If you're playing one game and switch to another one, the first game you were playing quits. There's no warning, no "You are about to quit this game, all unsaved progress will be lost. Proceed?" Nothing like that. It's unceremonious and immediate. If you want to get your roommate's goat, wait until he's about to win a race in Forza, then yell "Xbox! Go to Dead Rising 3!" The Xbox will immediately switch apps, and he'll lose all of his race progress. Yikes.P

It's also possible to accidentally do that to yourself: At one point last weekend I told my Xbox One to "Go to Comedy Central." It heard that as "Go to LocoCycle" and immediately flipped to the new game, dropping my in-progress Dead Rising mission. This was partly user error—the correct command for the TV should've been "Xbox, watch Comedy Central." But that such a small mistake caused me to immediately lose my unsaved progress is a significant problem.
-Kotaku

Mrbob

So, am I reading this right. XB1 will make my TV viewing experience worse? Picture degradation and converting all surround sound to stereo sound? Plus I can't even manage my own files on the hdd. Super.

Mrbob

Wow, the XB1 is a beast compared to the PS4. Pics from that ArsTechica review:

xb1newest-131-640x426.jpg

xb1newest-121-640x426.jpg

xb1newest-14-640x426.jpg

To think the XB1 also has an external power brick too while the PS4 doesn't. Sony engineering. :bow

Conclusion from ars, get dat Quad:

In short, buy an Xbox One if and when there are enough exclusive games to convince you it's worth the expense. At that point, the extra media features that the Xbox One brings to the table will be nice fringe benefits, and these options may be more stable and usable than they are right now. If you can live without those platform exclusives, though, and if you can do without fancy picture-in-picture and voice commands, look into saving some money on a PlayStation 4 instead.

Still, I'd grab XB1 on Friday if it weren't for the audio issue.

Ferny

So, am I reading this right. XB1 will make my TV viewing experience worse? Picture degradation and converting all surround sound to stereo sound? Plus I can't even manage my own files on the hdd. Super.

So you can't doing some as basic as checking what's on your HDD and was in the ORIGINAL Xbox?

Mrbob

Doesn't seem that way.

Stephen Totilo
@stephentotilo
Another XboxOne head-scratcher. Offers beefy 500GB hard drive...doesn't let you see how much of the drive you've used

Jeff on GiantBombCast saying something similar. Can't manage the hard drive anymore. XB1 will delete data based off of usage when full. Oldest stuff will be wiped from the hdd.

Ferny

wtf you can't delete stuff yourself? that has to be wrong.

p.s.

i only have 180 gb left on my ps4. are there any compatible 2TB drives?

As long as it's a 2.5 drive, you can use any drive in it, I believe. I'm looking at getting a hybrid 1TB. I have like 9 games installed on this and I have plenty left so 1TB should be more than enough for me. I don't go back to most games when I'm done with them anyway.

Mrbob

The Verge took a giant shit on me getting a XB1 at launch. They specifically say not to buy one if you have a home theater system. One device to rule them all thanks MS.

As long as it's a 2.5 drive, you can use any drive in it, I believe. I'm looking at getting a hybrid 1TB. I have like 9 games installed on this and I have plenty left so 1TB should be more than enough for me. I don't go back to most games when I'm done with them anyway.

Try to hold out as long as you. I think higher capacity drives are just around the corner. I'm going to try and wait until the end of 2014 before upgrading my hdd.

Edit: Annnd done. Order canceled from BestBuy. See you in 2014 XB1.

Smokey

Wow, the XB1 is a beast compared to the PS4. Pics from that ArsTechica review:

xb1newest-131-640x426.jpg

xb1newest-121-640x426.jpg

xb1newest-14-640x426.jpg

To think the XB1 also has an external power brick too while the PS4 doesn't. Sony engineering. :bow

Conclusion from ars, get dat Quad:

Still, I'd grab XB1 on Friday if it weren't for the audio issue.

Is there any truth to what this guy is saying:

It supports DTS over optical, so EVERYONE WITH A DECENT RECEIVER WILL BE FINE. Only people that have headphones that only support DD are out of luck

Smokey

Fuck it I'M GOING BACK

gQ1mNyM.jpg

I'll let it marinate in the house and decide to keep it or return it. May keep it so I can get those sweet viewing achievements for watching Twitch.tv streams that are most likely from the PS4

I actually didn't cancel my preorder until yesterday. I went back and forth a lot but honestly I know I'm not going to touch it so I might as well wait until there's an exclusive on it that I want.

Mrbob

Does Amazon not do release date delivery of Nintendo games? My estimated shipping for Zelda is next Monday. :( Oh well, got a good price on it plus I'll have Mario 3D World on Friday.

It will be awesome if there a Gamestop next to a movie theater. I want to see pictures tomorrow night of Xbros lining up to get their systems while teenage girls are waiting on the midnight showing of Catching Fire. Katniss to own Friday confirmed.

Top Bottom