• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/league/standings/6222.ps4

We need a new thread for the new league! I don't think there are any new players but here are some details about the league:

LEAGUE NAME: neogaffe
PASSWORD: jgar

1. Yes we are 100% having a league.
2. It will probably not be a 32 man league but i'm going to see if i can rope some more people in. I may poke around and see if there are guys around who might not be interested in playing in the league but maybe interested in filling in here and there so we aren't playing too many CPU games
3. I'm pretty sure we will have at least 2 human players per division.
4. Advance times are the same. 72 hours max from the advance date!
5. I'll be creating the league shortly and will send invites out. Hoping to start by next Monday!
6. Same rules as always apply
7. If you and a vet want the same team then play a 1 game playoff for them or figure something out! If you can't figure something out then i will do it
8. If you end up thinking the game sucks dick don't blame me! I've played probably about 10 games and deem it to be satisfactory. There are still plenty of problems but it plays a decent game of football!

Here is the roster as I now have it:

AFC East:
Bills - ?
Jets - Ferny
Dolphins - Pheeniks
Patriots - Sanjuro

AFC North:
Bengals - Splat
Ravens - Ocelott
Browns - brentech
Steelers - Ramirez

AFC South:
Colts - Luke
Texans - Smokey
Jags - ?
Titans - ?

AFC West:
Chargers - Nightz
Raiders - soka
Broncos - Rinse (?)
Chiefs - ?

NFC East:
Cowboys - fierce
Eagles - CB
Redskins - Mcneily
Giants - Wellington

NFC North:
Packers - Ez
Lions - Pistol
Vikings - ?
Bears - MrBob

NFC South:
Saints - Somnia
Panthers - GCQ
Bucs - Dmczaf
Falcons - DCX

NFC West:
49ers - FMT
Cards - ?
Rams - Crow
Seahawks - Az

i put question marks next to people whose team i'm unsure of. you guys can choose any of the available teams, doesn't matter to me. just post who you want. also if you know anyone on the boards or elsewhere who want to join then pick 'em up!

brentech

Guess I'll join the Cleveland shame circle Browns.

Or you can throw me on any team other than the Lions and Vikings, fuck that noise.
Other than that, if you choose one, make it stick so I can learn kind of learn the team.

While I inflicted the other thread with Dota talk, I've not leagued with you before, so any particular rules of play, just let me know.

Guess I'll join the Cleveland shame circle Browns.

Or you can throw me on any team other than the Lions and Vikings, fuck that noise.
Other than that, if you choose one, make it stick so I can learn kind of learn the team.

the choice is yours brother! if you want the browns you can have them.... or any other open team

brentech

Alright, Browns it is.
Just wanted to make sure it was a division that could use another.

/fingers crossed for league played on anything slower than 'normal' game speed!? If not, no biggy

Alright, Browns it is.
Just wanted to make sure it was a division that could use another.

/fingers crossed for league played on anything slower than 'normal' game speed!? If not, no biggy

there has always been a slight enough lag online that the "normal" speed online is more like the slow speed in single player. test out some games online and see what you think!

So when is the league starting? I saw FMT said next week but next week is Thanksgiving. I'm going to be out of town for a few days but I guess since it'll maybe be during the preseason, it'll be ok.

So when is the league starting? I saw FMT said next week but next week is Thanksgiving. I'm going to be out of town for a few days but I guess since it'll maybe be during the preseason, it'll be ok.

Forgot about that! Well... I'll create the league and we can officially start week 1 after thanksgiving weekend

Ferny

I think I'm going to give the Lions a shot. I can't remember ever playing Bob or Ez in any of the past seasons so might as well try them out.

lol why was I defaulted the Pats? (Not complaining or anything, just wondering) I don't have a problem rolling with them. I'm actually a Raiders fan but I know that's been Rors team for awhile so no biggie...

If nobody takes the Cowboys, I might actually roll with them for this iteration

Undecided at the moment. But I want to play against the NFC for a change!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If nobody takes the Cowboys, I might actually roll with them for this iteration

Undecided at the moment. But I want to play against the NFC for a change!

#1: Why wouldnt you wanna use your actual team?
#2: Why would you willingly put yourself into the NFC East

league is up!

Name: Neogaffe
pw: jgar

sign in at your leisure with your team. i put it on owner mode and you can choose a current owner or create your own

Sokantish

#1: Why wouldnt you wanna use your actual team?
#2: Why would you willingly put yourself into the NFC East

Seriously, these jerks... why couldn't Rors be more like them? So I guess I'm going to be the Saints. Nevermind, I changed my mind to the original team FMT assigned me. The Seahawks. I forgot that's where my best friend Harvin went!

Seriously, these jerks... why couldn't Rors be more like them? So I guess I'm going to be the Saints. Nevermind, I changed my mind to the original team FMT assigned me. The Seahawks. I forgot that's where my best friend Harvin went!

i would love for you to be the seachickens. i need someone in my division :(

brentech

gg FMT. I was talking early and then not until the final minute did I actually look at the headset to realize there's an open/off mic switch. That thing is uncomfortable as hell.

I was just happy to put points up at that point. I realized when the game was starting that I should have selected the browns to get some experience with them.

Is the league played on all-madden? believe that game was. definitely need to learn to run against that better

gg FMT. I was talking early and then not until the final minute did I actually look at the headset to realize there's an open/off mic switch. That thing is uncomfortable as hell.

I was just happy to put points up at that point. I realized when the game was starting that I should have selected the browns to get some experience with them.

Is the league played on all-madden? believe that game was. definitely need to learn to run against that better

yeah we usually play on all-madden. we've tried all-pro before and it just turns into a track meet most of the time.... which was the problem with current gen madden even on all-pro. at least in next gen you have a CHANCE to play some defense. your run D demolished me if you took out 2 big runs

brentech

yeah we usually play on all-madden. we've tried all-pro before and it just turns into a track meet most of the time.... which was the problem with current gen madden even on all-pro. at least in next gen you have a CHANCE to play some defense. your run D demolished me if you took out 2 big runs

yeah. Gore broke a tackle like 2-3 yards behind the line and really took that one pretty far. Hell Kap, had a run for 10ish yards that he broke like 2 tackles on and I was like WTF, true to life Packers defense. so next gen

was pretty fun either way. I really gotta get better rushing. All Madden hugs the receivers in coverage a little more too. I like this version of the game though

yeah. Gore broke a tackle like 2-3 yards behind the line and really took that one pretty far. Hell Kap, had a run for 10ish yards that he broke like 2 tackles on and I was like WTF, true to life Packers defense. so next gen

was pretty fun either way. I really gotta get better rushing. All Madden hugs the receivers in coverage a little more too. I like this version of the game though

for sure the D is a bit strong but it really does make the game more enjoyable because there is more incentive to play a field position game. it's also incredibly frustrating when 3rd and longs are completed at a 60+% rate as they were in current gen madden

hoverX

When is this starting? I bought madden for the first time in ages this year, so a total noob,but may be interested in playing with you guys. Dibs on the saints!!

When is this starting? I bought madden for the first time in ages this year, so a total noob,but may be interested in playing with you guys. Dibs on the saints!!

it'll officially start the monday after thanksgiving but if everyone is signed in before that i will start it up so those that are around can play.

keep in mind this is a sim league. no going for it on every 4th down or abusing money plays or playing like an asshole. if you're interested then we welcome you!

DMczaf

Killer Instinct is "complete" in March with story mode and Fulgore. Titanfall is in March. Yeah, in my eyes Xbox One launches in March. Smokey is just beta testing for us.

McNei1y

Ooo a post-Thanksgiving start. Wonderful! I'm not going to be around this week. I'll try and sign in today or tomorrow.

Smokey

Killer Instinct is "complete" in March with story mode and Fulgore. Titanfall is in March. Yeah, in my eyes Xbox One launches in March. Smokey is just beta testing for us.

Don't give a fuuuuckkk!

My beta console is shipping woooo

LukeSmith

it'll officially start the monday after thanksgiving but if everyone is signed in before that i will start it up so those that are around can play.

keep in mind this is a sim league. no going for it on every 4th down or abusing money plays or playing like an asshole. if you're interested then we welcome you!

Good call on the post Thanksgiving start Frenchie

Sokantish

Well I'm just repeating review scores. Nightz! I definitely think Knack is better than it reviewed though. eznark just told me yesterday I could actually choose the items you guys looted... this whole time I thought it was just telling me what you guys got. I screwed up!

Top Bottom