• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

All-Time Superbowl Tally:

1. FMT - 7
2. Rors - 3
3. BigAT - 3
4. Crow - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. Mrbob - 1
9. Smokey - 1
10. Malleymal - 1
11. LJ11 - 1

Welp.... madden is back! oh boy! Seems like only months ago we were finishing out a final season of madden 13. will madden 25 last as long? can connected careers owner mode extend interest this year like connected career online franchise did last year? will league drama cripple us? will ps4 tear us apart? None of those are in my top 10 pre-season league questions!

batman.jpg

10. Does DM exist? Did he ever exist? I'm not sure anymore. The NFC South is in shambles!

CUM305.pvw.jpg

09. How long until Crow has to be talked to about complaints against him? I predict never! As sure as AJ Jenkins is a #1 receiver crow will not shame me by causing problems again!

bad-iron-man-cosplay-outfit.jpg

08. How long until the AFC East (less LJ) stops embarrassing itself? Year after year after year the division does nothing.... even with a top (rated) team contained within! LJ with a cake walk to the division, show some pride!

BURNED-SHERMAN.gif

07. Who will be the biggest "auto-win" team this year? Obviously the easy guesses would be the Seahawks and/or Niners. But maybe someone will come out of nowhere with some soka style cheese that can't be stopped!

smokey-book.jpg

06. When will smokeyTV stop being embarrassing for smokey? This once proud league player has now turned into a punching bag for his opponent. It pains me to see it, but it's clear that smokey has now devolved into a mediocre league player. Now luke gets a free pass to the division title and everyone gets to see it on the screen!

Bloodsport-VanDamnBlindScream.gif

05. What will be more used this year: GG, but or ballhawk won for you? There is no wrong answer but the best answer is both! GG, but you only won because of ballhawk!

mcnabbpuking-02.gif

04. Will either CB or Luke exercise their playoff demons? Neither one has stacked teams, although both have some pieces. Both will probably rip some poor sucker off for picks or players. But eventually they will both have to do what they do in the playoffs! I predict Colts Vs. Eagles in the first superbowl.... the curse is broken for one!

gt+implying+he+s+not+butthurt+for+being+a+buttmad+buttmongler+over+_33b32b25e3e579547829796a9fbfaec2.jpg

03. How much butthurt will Owners mode cause? We already have plenty of regular butthurt, but owners mode has the potential for more. Moving somewhere that someone else wanted to move, having more money because you won more games because you got lucky! Then again maybe no one will give a shit about owners mode!

022612_Braun.jpg

02. Can Ramirez win anything meaningful without the Twins advantage? So far he has proven that no, he cannot. I don't think anything will change that thinking this year!

milhouse-seesaw.gif

01. How long before DOTA 2 ruins the league!? And where does it stop! Oh sure, today it's madden, but maybe tomorrow its Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 and all the rest! Shame on you Dota 2! Shame on you!

the league is at capacity with 32 people (plus some backups). we may have some open spots going forward, we'll have to see! The current roster is at the bottom of this post. And now, some Q&A:

Q: When does the league start?
A: As soon as the first roster update is out. Last year that was around mid-september. Hopefully sooner this year but I don't know for sure!

Q: What are the advance period?
A: 72 hours from previous advance or whenever all games are completed, whichever comes first!

Q: Quarter length?
A: 7 mins with accel clock.... just like last year!

Q: We doing owner mode if it's available?
A: Yeah, if it's available. I haven't read up on it so I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's available for connected careers!

Q: Will I have restrictions on moving my team to a new city?
A: I don't see why there would be any restriction unless there is some kind glitch with it or something. Hey you never know with EA!

Q: If i'm not listed with a team does that mean i'm not in the league!?
A: For now, yes. I have put anyone interested either with a team or on the waiting list. If your name isn't anywhere on the list or waiting list and you still want to play then just post and i'll put you on! The odds are your number is going to come up eventually!

Q: Is the 360 league going to die when the ps4 version comes out?
A: That is not my intention. I would prefer to keep the 360 version as the main league and if we have enough for another league with ps4 then we do. HOWEVER, if so many people "leave" the 360 league for ps4 league that we don't have enough for a decent 360 league then my hand maybe forced! I don't think that will happen but we can't know yet.

Q: We going to use real draft classes?
A: Yes.... so long as the feature isn't completely busted

Q: Is this a sim league.
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be 4th down rules?
A: TBD. I imagine we'll go forward with the same rules we previously had and adjust as needed.

Q: Who is running this show?
A: Luke, CB3, FMT.

AFC East:
Bills - LJ11
Patriots - Sanjuro
Jets - Striker
Dolphins - Pheeniks

AFC North:
Steelers - Ramirez
Browns - cola
Bengals - Splat
Ravens - Az

AFC South:
Texans - Smokey
Colts - Luke
Titans - livewire
Jags - pheeniks friend

AFC West:
Raiders - soka
Broncos - Rinse
Chiefs - mastershake
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East:
Cowboys - zep
Giants - wellington
Eagles - CB
Redskins - mcneily

NFC North:
Packers - Eznark
Vikings - Drizz
Bears - Mrbob
Lions - Trasher

NFC South:
Buccaneers - DM
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - truelize
Saints - Birdman

NFC West:
49ers - FMT
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - crow
Cards - splats boy!

Smokey

Down with DOTA

06. When will smokeyTV stop being embarrassing for smokey? This once proud league player has now turned into a punching bag for his opponent. It pains me to see it, but it's clear that smokey has now devolved into a mediocre league player. Now luke gets a free pass to the division title and everyone gets to see it on the screen!

looooo ool

Q: Is this a sim league.
A: Yes.

yeah we'll see! FYIDM gonna stunt this yr thanks to all the new option plays and pistol formations

Ram still gonna be shit tho. Steelers downgraded and garbage. No mike wallace or twins = 3-13. book it

that reminds me, is the WWE game that comes out each year any good? i've been jonesin' for a good wrasslin game recently with online play. i wish ms/sony/anyone would just bring an HD version of Wrestlemania 2000 or one of those other sweet n64 games around

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that reminds me, is the WWE game that comes out each year any good? i've been jonesin' for a good wrasslin game recently with online play. i wish ms/sony/anyone would just bring an HD version of Wrestlemania 2000 or one of those other sweet n64 games around

When we played WWE 13 that one time online it was fun in a "this is dumb and the game isnt great but its pretty funny" kind of way.

LukeSmith

FMT, will you please grab all of the previous threads that are linked in the final madden thread of last season - I think Ramirez or DOTA (post change) was in the title and add the Threads of History in there. I had collated all of the previous threads and awards thread to continue to grow the legacy of the greatest league on NeoGAF

TheCrow

Just looked at the Cards offensive ratings and they are terrible. Time to trade Fitzgerald and hope to get some RG3 clone in the draft.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
OPIATE

can you get Bluemaxx unbanned? Confine him to the Community Forum if need be!

what teams are open in the event that I don't use the Dolphins? cause I want a piece of the broncos too if I fail!

Nightz

Welcome to the AFC West, rinse! Sucks that you get to inherit such a stacked team.

Edit: I just sold one of my Lockless Luckbox keys for $60. Think I'll pick up Payday and Divekick now.

rinse82

what teams are open in the event that I don't use the Dolphins? cause I want a piece of the broncos too if I fail!

The Broncos are my reward for using the Jacksonville Jaguars for 5 seasons.

Nightz: thanks, at least it won't take me 4 seasons to get a stacked team this time!

eznark

Banned
You guys really should be opening those luckboxes. I think the cheapest item on the marketplace is going for like $50 and there are items going for over $100 as of yesterday. No risk to opening them!

Nightz

You guys really should be opening those luckboxes. I think the cheapest item on the marketplace is going for like $50 and there are items going for over $100 as of yesterday. No risk to opening them!

I opened 2 of them. One item can't be sold and the other one is only going for $20. :(

Colasante

Then give up your claim to the Dolphins. In the past you've never been able to fight for two teams.

If that's the case, can I give up my claim to the Patriots and take the Browns, FMT? My first order of business will be getting them the hell out of Cleveland.

Smokey

When does this even come out? I still haven't played the demo. Can't wait for the draft sheets to come out so I can tank for Schaubs replacement

I just randomly placed people with whatever team so I made sure everyone was accounted for.

Like last year, if you play for a team and lose then you go into the random hat draft of the remaining teams

Top Bottom