• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

did madden league members actually get NCAA? i played the demo and it seemed good but i dont see anyone talking about it. probably going to be the last NCAA ever too!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
did madden league members actually get NCAA? i played the demo and it seemed good but i dont see anyone talking about it. probably going to be the last NCAA ever too!

Was dead set against it, but when the whole NCAA cutting ties happened, I might pick up a copy if it drops in price later on.

TheCrow

Wasn't that just EA losing the ability to use "NCAA" in their next game? Pretty sure they'll just call the next NCAA game "College Football 2015" or something.

brentech

Wasn't that just EA losing the ability to use "NCAA" in their next game? Pretty sure they'll just call the next NCAA game "College Football 2015" or something.

SEC said they won't be in next game. Other conferences haven't made a deal I don't think.

Does that get you NHL early too?

yes, i believe you get to pick 3 games per year that you can get early. it used to be ALL their sports games (madden, fifa, nhl, ncaa and tiger woods) and it used to be for 12 months. i had gotten madden 11, nhl, fifa, tiger woods, ncaa and madden 12 but they stopped that. fucking greedy assholes

BigAT

That ruling alone wouldn't be enough to kill the game, but the SEC and Big 10 have already pulled out as well as some individual schools. I think that's just the tip of the iceberg honestly, expect more and more conferences and teams will be removing themselves in the upcoming months. The O'Bannon lawsuit has got everyone running.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
you in for the 360 league? i didn't see your response!

as for season pass for madden, i think its $25

I'm leaning towards no (I'll put that first, cause everyone hates reading)

I've been burning my brain trying to make that decision. I want to be in on the inaugural PS4 League, because it'll be next year (or at least late fall/early winter this year), and this fall is pretty filled for me. Also only have 2 months left on a Live subscription that I've haven't used much this year, and don't see a reason upcoming for it either (moving to PS+ and PC Master Race)

But I now see this NFL Ticket version, and that sounds really nice. Then again, I've not been one to watch a bunch of NFL games before. Usually can get by with NFL Redzone, or just the FF Ticker (if I ever get into a FF league this year. Rorschach or CB3?)

But then again, you guy's need a Villain, one powerful enough to pull you out of your Unending Nightmare of DOTA addiction.

Ez can have the Packers. I am somewhat excited to try and build a team from scratch. The packers are mostly set(for madden at least!) so thats no fun. The last two times i played in the league i took over teams and only had a season or two to build them up.

Gimme da Chiefs!

Free 2 wins every season from the Broncos is too good to pass up!

#RINSEONBLAST

rinse82

Free 2 wins every season from the Broncos is too good to pass up!

#RINSEONBLAST

23071652_BG3.jpg

Season hasn't even started and there's dumbass trades trying to happen!

Also,

Suck it, CB.

0c81gtD.jpg

not sure i would rub that in. you were already on thin ice because of your CPU debauchery and now cb is once again 1/3rd of the commishes. watch yourself out there ramirez! you're like piper in orange is the new black and i'm like healy and cb is like that religious girl! i can't protect you!

LiveWire

As far as I can tell Hearthstone is going to be a total mess unless you sink tons of cash into it.

Yep. Surprised they didn't learn more from what WOTC did with MTGO. Or perhaps Blizzard is arrogant enough to think their fanbase will keep throwing money at whatever they churn out.

McNei1y

Hey Ferny, CB, and Phee,

You guys ready for the DIII Expansion? I can't wait to hop on it for two days and then never play again.

Ramirez

not sure i would rub that in. you were already on thin ice because of your CPU debauchery and now cb is once again 1/3rd of the commishes. watch yourself out there ramirez! you're like piper in orange is the new black and i'm like healy and cb is like that religious girl! i can't protect you!

If I was on thin ice, then Crow should have been doing the dead mans float underneath it.

LJ has a Patriots-esque hold on the AFC East. The only way one of us other AFC East plebes has hope is if he loses his hand or something :(

Splat

Full ratings out!

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/Madden25-CompletePlayerRatingsFinal.xlsx

(accel still missing for some reason)

Also in case you guys hadn't been following, Madden's actually been somewhat transparent about ratings this offseason, they have a bunch of interesting posts here:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay

Biggest thing I saw:
- Short Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws under 20 yards.
- Medium Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws of 20-40 yards.
- Deep Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws greater than 40 yards.

Short and Medium cover basically all throws except bombs.

LiveWire

Haha, Will Montgomery is a 90!?!? And is rated higher than RG3? HAHAHAHAHA

The Butler with 98 TRK, nice

Overall though, IIRC the Skins are rated WORSE this year (after winning the division) than they were last year before the season. Fucking Donny.

eznark

Banned
Care to explain? This sounds bad.

I've got all the hero characters unlocked which means I have acces to like hundreds of cards and yet I am still running into human opponents who have insane cards that I have never, ever seen. Nt just one one two, but full decks. The first day I was in the beta I went 3-0. Now I'm lucky if I can get two hits in on the opponent before they wipe me (30 hits).

Maybe it isn't insanely imbalanced in favor of people who buy decks but it sure feels that way.

Ferny

Wait, are you saying that the people who buy card decks have more of an advantage than those who just level up and play? If so, that's totally expected. It's a CCG so not sure what else you would expect.

If I was on thin ice, then Crow should have been doing the dead mans float underneath it.

crow was on thin ice for a different reason and then was kicked out of the league for a season and didn't get his team back. you never lost the steelers, only the ability to ever play the CPU again!

McNei1y

Full ratings out!

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/Madden25-CompletePlayerRatingsFinal.xlsx

Also in case you guys hadn't been following, Madden's actually been somewhat transparent about ratings this offseason, they have a bunch of interesting posts here:

Biggest thing I saw:
- Short Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws under 20 yards.
- Medium Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws of 20-40 yards.
- Deep Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws greater than 40 yards.

Do they explain what Awareness means and why it has such a huge impact on a player?

Edit: oh so it's in the QB section... but it only explains what it is for the QBs.

Here it is for those that are interested as well:

AWARENESS (AWR)

Let’s start with the biggest unknown in all of Madden ratings: the awareness rating (AWR). AWR will have a big impact on the ability of CPU-controlled QB’s and their ability to make plays against your defense.

Here’s a list of a few things that AWR impacts:

- Used in combination with physical ratings to determine pass trajectory.
- Determines the decision made on option routes.
- Determines QB’s reaction time when scrambling.
- Determines QB’s recognition of threats in the pocket
- Determines if a QB can throw a ball away.

The top five quarterbacks are all elite in their awareness ratings, which is why you’ll have trouble stopping Tom Brady from shredding your defense with perfect trajectories on his deep balls. Guys like Brady will almost always make the correct read on option routes. You won’t get many sacks on Rodgers and Manning because they’ll throw the ball away to avoid negative plays.

Did you Know: While none of the top five QB’s are known for their scrambling, awareness has quite an impact on scrambling QB’s. When playing against fast, running QB’s, a high AWR rating makes these guys take off and run when they see an opening rather than forcing a pass into a tight window or taking a drive-stalling sack.

Full ratings out!

Biggest thing I saw:

thanks for this. here are some more interesting facts:

AWARENESS (AWR)

Let’s start with the biggest unknown in all of Madden ratings: the awareness rating (AWR). AWR will have a big impact on the ability of CPU-controlled QB’s and their ability to make plays against your defense.

ROUTE RUNNING (RTE)

In order to give the quarterback a big enough window to throw to, receivers must run precise routes with the correct depths and cuts so the quarterback knows exactly where he’ll be when he breaks. But more important is the separation a receiver can get on his defender. Here’s the breakdown of what the run-route rating does on the field:

- Determines fake out chance when cutting against man coverage.
- Determines the amount of time it takes the receiver to adjust to the ball in the air.
- Determines the sharpness of cut moves in the routes.

PURSUIT (PUR)
- Determines amount of time it takes to change direction while chasing the ball carrier
- Determines the chance for a hit stick when chasing the ball
- Determines how quickly a player update his pursuit path relative to the ball carrier
- Determines how quickly a player can break out of chasing the ball carrier

McNei1y

More on Awareness from another article:

Last but not least are a few under-the-hood improvements that affect a defender’s reactions in various situations. For instance, defensive awareness plays a big role this year, as defenders with a higher awareness rating are less likely to bite on fake-outs. So when a ball carrier attempts a juke on a high-awareness defender, that player is likely to make an appropriate reaction and still make the tackle.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-25-defense

eznark

Banned
Wait, are you saying that the people who buy card decks have more of an advantage than those who just level up and play? If so, that's totally expected. It's a CCG so not sure what else you would expect.

Oh that's fully what I had expected but not what I had hoped.

i still don't think AWR is as valuable as it costs in XP for defenders. i'll grant that it could be very valuable for CB's not getting faked out, but in most instances if a RB is headed towards a LB or safety, it is likely human controlled LB/safety... unless you're a pussy and let the CPU do your dirty work, then you get what you get!

also no surprise about AWR being completely worthless for QB. i would like to see what type of effect it supposedly has on o-linemen. probably just about worthless to RB's with the only possible effect being blitz pickup/blocking

McNei1y

Yeah. In my opinion, they should just rid of Awareness and lower every other attribute lol. Or at least get rid of it and add new rating categories per position.

i want to know how awareness affects WR

need to know if i should draft another AJ Williamson, stupidest fuck of all time

brentech

damn, after seeing the PS4 screen shots, while obviously not from a normal gameplay angle yet, it's hard to see the current gen screens and think they look great.
I'm so ready for PS4

Top Bottom